This GUY is parting out Frodo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I'll get Bilbo but right now I want to make sure I have all my I's dotted and T's crossed with everyone else first.

I like Bilbo but I think I'm going to hold out a few years and get a The Hobbit version.

If you hold your breath, you'll pass out. I seriously doubt Sideshow will be returning to ANY 12" Hobbit/LOTR figures regardless of the new film and/or renewed interest. It's nothing more than a pipedream we've chased here to the land of custom Hobbitdom.

Maybe not SSC, but possibly somebody. I think with the new films it will be too good to pass up (that is if it goes to a company that historically has capitalized on film releases more timely).

Yeah you can thank our little group for the inflation.

When I bought mine he could be had everywhere for between $8 - 15. (I got mine for $8 :eek:)

Gimli cost me $25 and then shipping was llike $10 bucks. Haven't looked for Bilbo yet. If I get him I'll have to go looking for a Frodo Coat but I'll wait till I have a coat secured. Unless the Bilbo head fits on the Frodo body easy enough.

I think with Gimli I'm just going to figure out a way to bring the Toy Biz version up to par without buying the other 2.

I think with Gimli I'm just going to figure out a way to bring the Toy Biz version up to par without buying the other 2.

Yeah, good luck with that. That's what I thought back when everybody was content using him and/or the DiD. :monkey2 That's what initially forced me to take the step and attempt the DiD body mod in the first place which led us, to where we are now. But if you're going to blame someone, blame Pix! :lol

I think I'm gonna try to butcher a Buck that I already have and see if I can get the TB gloves and boots to it.

To be honest, the Toybiz (soft) version is not shabby by itself. It was my stand-in Gimli since the release of SS's Aragorn and I would have been content with it. But the trap is that each one of the Gimli's provides something that is better than the others and thus you are quickly sliding down that upgrading slope.

To be honest, the Toybiz (soft) version is not shabby by itself. It was my stand-in Gimli since the release of SS's Aragorn and I would have been content with it. But the trap is that each one of the Gimli's provides something that is better than the others and thus you are quickly sliding down that upgrading slope.

ToyBiz's Gimli is shorter than Sideshow's Hobbits. That's the main reasons he couldn't work for me.

Back