Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Disney Expo is this weekend and I know there is a panel for Disney Toys. I'll have to skip something cool to go to it but..... I will see if I can get some info.

I wonder when we will get a listing for them here in the US......I REALLY want Buttercup!!! I wish there was a Trixie being made=/

Talked to the guys at Disney toys and just got a generic answer that yes they're working on something. Nothing further.

Honestly, this isn't really going anywhere. I'm happy for what we got, but it's taking forever, and there's far too much uncertaintly. I understand that it takes time for such a quality product, but there wasn't nearly as long a wait for Wave 2.

Honestly, this isn't really going anywhere. I'm happy for what we got, but it's taking forever, and there's far too much uncertaintly. I understand that it takes time for such a quality product, but there wasn't nearly as long a wait for Wave 2.

I know, I don't know a single other toyline where the waves are a year or more apart. Then again, it took around a year for Wave 2 to come out, but the Wave 2 toys were still revealed months beforehand.

We've had the reassurance of "Thinkway are working on it" for about a year now - they better hurry up or my money won't be theirs. Unfortunately, with upcoming financial bits and bobs for me I may not be able to afford a Zurg next year :(

Let's see something good by 2012!

I don't care how long it takes. Well no, that's not true, I DO care, I'm just saying I'll continue buying them whether it releases this year or in 5. So long as their well made and appeal to me. Not sure why some of you guys have a time frame on your interest in them.

Well, the only problem with waiting a long time is that we don't know what we're getting. All we've got is rumors; no official word. I mean, I don't want to get my hopes up if they don't end up delivering.

That seems like more of an annoyance (albeit a big one) than a problem to me. Maybe Im misinterpreting what your saying but some people (not necessarily you) act like they they don't announce/release something soon they'll start selling off their collection. If it stops here I would still hang on to what I have and be thankful those ever released. I of course want the line to continue but sorta expected things to slow down considerably after the TS3 hype died out. But the Toy Story franchise has proven to have seemingly infinite legs. It might not make financial sense to keep the collection going at the pace it was before, but they can bring a couple things out every now and then when the time is right while pleasing the more patient fans.

No one wants to have their hopes stomped on, but that why its good to keep them somewhat grounded in the first place.

If it stops here I would still hang on to what I have and be thankful those ever released.

That's pretty much what I said in my previous post. As it stands, Toy Story 3 is still the most successful animated picture of all time, and many fans (young and old) would still buy up any good merchandise. I think Thinkway is just wondering what would be profitable and not, which is an important thing to consider (it's why we didn't get Hamm).

Again, I wouldn't be crushed if it ends here, but they've been hyping up Wave 3, and I'm not even sure what to expect.

To be fair its really the fans that have been hyping it more so than Thinkway. I don't think they even wanted to officially announce anything yet. They were just forced into it due to the constant nagging from fans for the slightest tidbit of info.

True, though they weren't clear about what Wave 3, and they don't even seperate between the normal toys and the Toy Story Collection. On top of that, possibly releasing it only in the UK doesn't help.

When we're talking about the "time-frame" thing, it's not that I will flat-out lose interest in the line (I love Toy Story, and regarding merchandise, this line is the best thing that happened to the franchise), it's just that I'd prefer the toys to come sooner rather than later, which probably goes without saying.

I agree that the fan hype hasn't helped, and I can admit to getting hyped about this line perhaps too much - Thinkway were probably not even planning on making Zurg or Stinky Pete, and may still not be now. I know fans on other boards were hoping for characters like Rocky, Snake and Robot, which was probably too much.

Has anyone else seen the amazing Troikas in the pixar planet thread?

15933438.png

By bashford_photo at 2011-09-20

They deserve to be in the toy story collection!

Back