Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what the chances of them debuting wave 3 at Comic-con?
I know its not a toy convention but sometimes you get some oddities like that at these things.

Ready for some crappy news?

Thinkway is now responding to questions about wave 3 with this.
The new Hawaiian Vacation & the new taking figures of Power Up Buzz, Lots O’Laugh Woody and Sing & Yodel Jessie are the wave 3 line. There will be no more new characters available before Christmas.

There are many concepts for wave 4 and will be released once they are finalized in 2012.

Regards,

Jenny Sze

If the Hawaiian toys counted as wave 3, then why didn't the other cheaper playtime toys count as a wave? My guess is the real wave 3 has been delayed, so their backpeddling on what actually counts as TSC. The COA thing was always kinda bogus anyway because you have things like the target exclusive single pack aliens that used the same exact sculpt, yet they don't count just because they don't get a TSC box and COA? Their exactly the same. Then of course you have toys that may as well have been TSC like twitch and possibly crunch but they still aren't officially TSC.

Their is just their way of saying "see we we'rent lying, here's your wave 3!" *snickers*

Hi dudes, this is my ts collection, I made some customs. I need finish the prospector from mcdonalds:

dsc05052a.jpg

Great looking shelf.:clap

Ready for some crappy news?

Thinkway is now responding to questions about wave 3 with this.

If the Hawaiian toys counted as wave 3, then why didn't the other cheaper playtime toys count as a wave? My guess is the real wave 3 has been delayed, so their backpeddling on what actually counts as TSC. The COA thing was always kinda bogus anyway because you have things like the target exclusive single pack aliens that used the same exact sculpt, yet they don't count just because they don't get a TSC box and COA? Their exactly the same. Then of course you have toys that may as well have been TSC like twitch and possibly crunch but they still aren't officially TSC.

Their is just their way of saying "see we we'rent lying, here's your wave 3!" *snickers*

WRONG!!!

The truth is that all this time we had been fooled by Jenny Sze. She completely misunderstood each and everyone of our questions. We were only interested in TOY STORY COLLECTION branded items. Apparently, she though we meant any new wave of Thinkway Toy Story toys. We were asking only for the COLLECTION series.

It is now clear to me that when she talks about upcoming waves she INCLUDES ANYTHING RELATED to TOY STORY. She doesnt understand that we are only interested in the collection series NOT ANY OTHER WAVE or variants.

This sucks!!! The Toy Story Collection series is OVER!!! Like Jenny said, there would be another wave in 2012, but I bet it wont be related to the COLLECTION SERIES. For Jenny, any new toy is considered a wave. NOT FOR US.

Jenny only used the word "WAVE 3" because it was used in all the questions submited to her. She just replied using the same wording, but she meant another thing. Instead of using the word WAVE 3 people should ask her for the Toy Story collection branded items that come with certificate of autheticity and a replica box.

If "Wave 4" isn't coming out until 2012, the line may well be over. I don't know of many toylines where a two year wait separates one wave from the next. Frankly, I'm kind of fed up of waiting. I think its likely that Wave 4 will turn out to be 2012's versions of Buzz, Woody and Jessie,

Bummer.

Looks like we have our first pics of the real wave 3 (or wave 4 if you follow Thinkway's backwards logic). At least it appears to be.

e0036274_4e30015d1799f.jpg

e0036274_4e300165ddb5f.jpg

e0036274_4e30014f3b204.jpg

The amazon UK has them listed with the familiar TSC description.
[ame="https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toy-Story-Dolly-Plush/dp/B004XBN0Z4/ref=sr_1_18?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1311789738&sr=1-18"]Toy Story Dolly Plush Toy: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games[/ame]

Film accurate details using original PIXAR Digital Data Files
All materials matching Dolly in the film
Soft and cuddly
Highly detailed
Includes Certificate of Authenticity

The main supplier for the UK, Vivid has them on their page as well.
https://www.vividimaginations.co.uk/pages/products/toy-story-3.php

Hopefully This isn't all of them, I want to see at least one character from the previous films in this wave.

As for the toys themselves, Dolly and Prickle pants turned out surprisingly well. Buttercup could use some work imo, but still looks to be the most accurate yet. I wonder if these will do anything to try and justify the 50 dollar price tag, or will they just be standard plush toys? I say they need to just cut the price and electronics. This wave needs to sell well if we are to see this line continue.

As far as we know these aren't going to come out until next year, but maybe things can change.

Wow, those look great!

The size of Dolly and Pricklepants makes it hard to fathom that they'd be in the $50 range. Maybe $30 range.

At least... I'm hoping for a lower price point!

Looks good, the colors really stand out, especially when compared to the Disney Store counterparts. I'm hoping more for $20 price range, since they are a lot simpler than the others. Looks like they also don't have any unnecessary electronics, either.

Considering that the 3 Aliens were about $24.99 and so was Twitch, Chunk, and that robot (i forgot his name) were about the same price, I'd say $24.99-$29.99 is about what I'd expect.

Twitch Chunk and the robot weren't TSC items either, so Im not sure those should be anything to go on. Their price in the UK does indicate they will be cheaper here in the states though, after converting the currency. That's what I hear anyway.

Bad news (for those of us outside of the UK): someone on pixar planet called Thinkway, apparently these are limited release only in the UK.

I just spoke to Jenny on the phone actually and asked her about these toys and she said that they will make more toy story collection toys to follow up on these 3(I don't know if she means like another power up buzz type toy or what) but they aren't sure what the selection is quite yet but she said that all other toys after these guys will ONLY be released in the UK.

Last edited:
Wish I knew! My only guess is they sell better over there. For whatever reason they have deemed it not worth it to release them here. Maybe we'll get them at some point though.

I actually ran across the Buzz and RC at my local goodwill. The boxes were writeoffs but the figures were still mint all lights worked, rc is in perfect working order. They even still had their instructions and certificates of authenticity. I got buzz for 15$ and RC for 25$ Never regretted it.

I STILL WANT a Stinky Pete, Zurg and a Mrs. Potato Head from Toy Story
Collection :banghead

So true...

Too bad I already have Disney Store Dolly and Pricklepants. Not willing to shell out the cash to replace two perfectly good toys I got relatively recently. Buttercup is a maybe though, here's hoping he's the right size.

Back