Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again though I should stress that we don't exactly have any proof that this guy wasn't just BSing. He did see the new non Toy Story Mr Potatohead's that were eventually shown at the US toy fair, but beyond that we have no proof of any of the things he saw existing.

It's a safe bet he did in fact attend the UK toy fair, but for all we know he could be making up the rest. No one else has popped up to back him up, no press releases or anything. I'm not sure what I believe at this point.

Now that you say it, I suddenly realise that there hasn't been much proof that this guy was telling the truth. To be honest, I'm still really surprised that the third wave didn't show up at US Toy Fair, and I'm even more surprised that the wave showed up at UK Toy Fair, yet not the US one.
Frankly, going over the toys that the guy supposedly spotted, I'm doubtful about the selection. They cancelled Hamm because they felt the DS one was good enough, so I doubt they would pretty much fill the third wave with characters that are already at retail. Especially Twitch - Thinkway have already made a perfectly good figure of him (which is also a shelfwarmer at UK Disney Stores), so I doubt they'd give him a place in wave 3 just for a better paint job, a staff, and possibly electronics. So I'm still holding out hope for a wave 3 with characters we haven't already seen. But like you say, this guy may be telling the truth after all.

This is about how tall he needs to be to be in scale.

lotsodifference2.jpg

Put the Lotso down, you Monster.:rotfl

can anyone tell me how to get the batteries out of buzz?

and can anyone tell me where the batteries are in woody?

thank you

For Buzz, its the same way they do it in TS3, only you don't have to unscrew the top cover, instead yo just pull it off. you still have to unscrew the cover underneath that though.

Woody's is under his vest in the back, you pull out his voice box and unscrew a screw. you can't miss it.

I have to say, Buzz's battery cover is one of better executed designs among Thinkway's offerings. You know they had to have spent a good portion of time considering how create an easy access point for the batteries while still considering durability and playability. That brings me to their other flash of genius: the breakaway wingspan. Buzz is my daughter's, and he's been used in NUMEROUS play setups and gets a ton of playtime. That being said, she has enough reverence for the Awesomeness of the Lightyear not to put pressure on his wings. Even so, Thinkway went the extra mile to help ensure that his impressive wingspan would have a much better chance at surviving until attic mode.

Big Baby will be interesting to see what people do to mess it up like it is in the movie. Really interesting.

And I don't know if any of you follow Lee Unkrich's twitter (director of Toy Story 3) but he revealed a few 3D reproductions direct from the original Pixar data. Sound familiar? Well... it's because Thinkway has boasted the same thing. But these look way better!

231249534.jpg

231247172.jpg

I wonder if they will reproduce those if so i would be all over it. anyone have any info? thanks

Does anyone else wonder why Woody's arm looks normal in TS3? Andy put too much stuffing in it at the end of TS2 and I can't imagine him fixing it as he got older.

I'd say a ten more years worth of play would be enough to redistribute the stuffing in his arm. Though I thought right arm still looked a little beefier.

Does anyone else wonder why Woody's arm looks normal in TS3? Andy put too much stuffing in it at the end of TS2 and I can't imagine him fixing it as he got older.

From interviews I read and heard, his arm is slightly puffier but I guess has settled after usual play so not as apparent?

^bingo. It's still over stuffed, but they decided it has settled over the years anyway as a way to not be too distracting. Its more noticeable in some shots than others. Its an animation control so they can turn it up and down depending on the shot.

Very old, just look at the upload date. April of last year. its also on the TS3 bluray. It even aired on tv for real. I saw it during Carson Daily once. (not that I was watching it, dont care for him much)

I know I haven't posted on here for ages so I thought I'd show anyone who isn't on Pixar Planet what I've done.
SANY0037-1.jpg

SANY0037-2.jpg

SANY0041-3.jpg

SANY0042-1.jpg

anyone here know if Thinkway is going to make more collection?

Other than someone's account from a UK Toyfair, with no real proof, no one knows for sure. Its been rumored to be Big Baby, Twitch and other TS3 characters.

I want a Snake, Robot, and Rocky, they don't even have to be the TSC brand, just make them compatible size like they did with Sparks and Twitch.

Back