Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked a bit of wave 3 news up from the Pixar Wiki, nothing too special:

Thinkway has announced that there are no plans for Slinky, and that they're not manufacturing their Toy Story Collection Hamm for Wave 3.

Slinky I don't mind about, the current version is good enough, you only need to cut the string and possibly paint the ears brown for full accuracy. A shame to hear about Hamm though, but the way it's worded makes me think that they'll release him either seperately from the TSC, or release him in a (gasp) wave 4.
Good to hear that we won't be getting an overpriced, gimmicky Hamm.

Maybe they realized t hat a real toy piggy bank was the way to go. And Disney Store did that.

You may also want to consider printing the eyes onto glossy sticker paper, and then applying stickers to the eyes. This could give a smoother effect, but how well the stickers will apply is another question.
That is a great idea thanks, I'm going to go looking for some today thanks :)

you only need to cut the string and possibly paint the ears brown for full accuracy.

Hardly. You'd also need a a better muzzle sculpt, a springier tail that tapers properly, no hole in the forehead, taller hind legs, angle and leg articulation, properly weighted body parts so that he don't fall over all the time, plastic that isn't so shiny,

Yeah, I think that Lenny is too big myself. there needs to be one exactly like the burger king one, but a bit larger, that's it. it's the most accurate in terms of both sculpt and function. just a tad small. the other one seems massive, and I hate how thin the brims on the lenses are.

As for Buttercup, I don't think either are display worthy.

The buttercup on the left is smaller but less shiny.

In other news, TOY STORY 3 dvd has a bonus feature about "Accidental Toymakers" and they kind of show some of the factories making the original Buzz and Woody toys from Thinkway. Pretty neat although I wish it was much longer.

Hardly. You'd also need a a better muzzle sculpt, a springier tail that tapers properly, no hole in the forehead, taller hind legs, angle and leg articulation, properly weighted body parts so that he don't fall over all the time, plastic that isn't so shiny,

Okay, so not quite full accuracy, but he still looks pretty cool as a display piece, and functions well as a Slinky. Some articulation would be good, and a new headsculpt would look nice (like the relaxed face he uses in the first film when inanimate - perfectly captures his character), but for now I'm fine with him.

In other news, TOY STORY 3 dvd has a bonus feature about "Accidental Toymakers" and they kind of show some of the factories making the original Buzz and Woody toys from Thinkway. Pretty neat although I wish it was much longer.

Sounds cool, they had some images of the original Thinkway toys on the 10th Anniversary Toy Story DVD, but that was it. I was bummed that they didn't show any clips or designs.

The Bo Peep. I think she looks better than I thought she would.

DSCN2750.jpg

Which Bo Peep is that? The 1995 one had a fabric hat, so this one is new to me. It looks pretty accurate and in scale as well.

Met Lee Unkrich and asked if he could offer any clues on what's next... but he couldn't. He really wants a Big Baby though.

Couldn't, contractually, or couldn't because he simply doesn't know?
It sounds to me like they don't tell him anything about merchandising. I once asked what would happen to the Luxo Lamp collectible now that they were being sued, and he said he wasn't sure. not long after though it released.

Met Lee Unkrich and asked if he could offer any clues on what's next... but he couldn't. He really wants a Big Baby though.
Couldn't, contractually, or couldn't because he simply doesn't know?

Either way, we now know Lee wants both Chuckles and Big Baby as toys! Still though, I'd prefer it if Thinkway finished of the TS1 and 2 characters before doing too many TS3 ones. I'd love to see Zurg and Stinky Pete get made next year, and a new, fully-accurate Bo Peep would be great too - for me, this won't be a Toy Story Collection without these guys, even with everything Thinkway have already given us. And as people have said, more obscure characters, like Robot, Rocky and Wheezy would be good too. Just today I realised Rocky's potential as an action figure - with suitable electronics and a wide range of articulation, Rocky at Buzz's size would be a great toy.
The child inside of me wants them to produce all of my childhood heroes before they do the TS3 gang!

That's great, Courtmaster! Though I think that Ultimate Buzz kills the scale of it all.

I was looking at photos of the awesome new Toy Story Playland at Disneyland Paris the other day, when I saw this in the Barrel of Monkeys shop:

picture.php

If you can't see from the crap editing, theres a shelf of Hamm banks in that photo. By the looks of things it's out of scale, but who knows, it could be something to look for the next time you travel all the way to DLP. Just wanted to show that a new Hamm exists.

Here's my collection with my Troll, my own Stretch and slightly altered Dolly and Mr. Pricklepants:

SANY0042.jpg

The Stretch is undersized but I'll keep her for now because she's smiling unlike my old one

I was looking at photos of the awesome new Toy Story Playland at Disneyland Paris the other day, when I saw this in the Barrel of Monkeys shop:

picture.php

If you can't see from the crap editing, theres a shelf of Hamm banks in that photo. By the looks of things it's out of scale, but who knows, it could be something to look for the next time you travel all the way to DLP. Just wanted to show that a new Hamm exists.

I am french, I live in France and I went at DLP the last week. This hamm bank is verry very little !
The toy story playland is awesome, but I have never test any attraction beacause there are too many people ! 90min of waiting for RC racer !
So, this hamm is not really good. He is in plastic and coast about 15€.

Last edited:
Back