Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wanted to ask, does my Woody look fine to you? He looks a little off to me, but I might just be seeing things
His hat looks off. Is that the hat he came with? On mine his hat is scaled a little too big but it still looks okay if you tilt it back on his head a little. But yours doesn't look to be in the right shape. As in, the brim looks round as opposed to triangle-shaped like it's supposed to be.

And I only have Woody and Jessie. I'd get Bullseye if he was at a more reasonable cost. He doesn't even talk, he barely neighs in the films. I don't know why he's so expensive.

What I WANT, and I know I am in a minority about this, is a Bo Peep! A screen accurate one with a plastic skirt. If I had her I might be tempted to get a Buzz so's my Woody and Jessie would both have their significant others. :)

hey guys, do you know where to find Lotso's dumptruck? the one that can fit tsc lotso. or it is not yet available?

Yes, that's why I said if I had Bo Peep I'd get a Buzz so both Woody AND Jessie would have their significant others.

Sorry, I didn't read too closely. Anyways I agree with you about the Bo Beep, we still need a good representation of her

Decided to get the Bucket of Soldiers to compare to my 1999 one,

All the poses are exactly the same, except the 1999 one is darker

Pixar's Toy Story soldiers are based on real toys. The new Toy Story Collection Bucket O Soldiers are based on Pixar's versions. It's not just a lighter shade, it's a brand new sculpt. They're not exactly the same.

And... what's with the lotion? lol

Ive heard of a supposedly in scale toys r us exclusive no frills Rex elsewhere, but the guy never posted pics, so no one believes him, myself included.

Well, the one I saw in TRU stated that it was movie scale and I couldn't find a single feature that made it appeared to be anything more than a hunk of plastic... I remember since 30 seemed like a lot for what it was. The tail was not attached to the body.

Sorry for the delay folks, was ill yesterday. Anyway, onto the good stuff...

Here's the front of Stinky Pete's box (unfortunately there are no shots of the back of it.):
picture.php

As you can see from it, the Woody's Roundup boxes so far have been very accurate to the film. The box lists Stinky Pete as having 9 different sayings (although an interactive toy will undoubtably have more).

And the big cheese...

picture.php

Zurg's box. This image is extremely rare - you only get a glimpse of Zurg's box in the film - so this must have been taken from Pixar's files. The text on the side is hard to read in this scan, but it says "Scary alien voice" (LOL), "Batteries Included", and something that is unreadable, even in the book. Both this image and the film show the plastic window to be made from red plastic, therefore, if Zurg was to be made, he would be the first TSC toy to have a coloured window.

Let's hope that a) Thinkway make Zurg, and b) make his box as cool as it is in the film!

Last edited:
That would be awesome if they got Kelsey Grammar to record some lines for The Prospector toy. But since they didn't get Tom Hanks or Joan Cusack...prolly won't get him. :(

Im not convinced that's not Joan myself. it does say "original voice" and it sounds like her to me.

but yeah, I don't expect them to get Kelsey for the toy.

Im not convinced that's not Joan myself. it does say "original voice" and it sounds like her to me.

but yeah, I don't expect them to get Kelsey for the toy.
Her voice sounds a little too young and high-pitched to me. For the price of these things though it would have been nice if they had gotten her and Tom. I'm not sure about Buzz's voice 'cause I don't have him but I can see Tim Allen doing it.

The Toy Story Collection was rare in that it reunited a lot of the original cast for something as small as a toyline - many of the Toy Story video games haven't seen this kind of attention. Tim Allen, Wallace Shawn, Don Rickles and Ned Beatty all voiced their roles from the film, and while they aren't voiced, it's safe to say that RC Car and Bullseye got the same movie-accurate sound treatment. While Tom Hanks and Joan Cusack didn't return, there's nothing against Kelsey Grammer returning, considering how lucky we've been with the line so far, although I agree with some of you in saying that it's unlikely, due to the amount of time between now and Toy Story 2.
Also don't forget Zurg's voice actor, Andrew Stanton. He is a close connection with Pixar, having also voiced Crush and the Seagulls in Finding Nemo, and Hamm in Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins, as well as having directed Finding Nemo and WALL-E, among other Pixar studios stuff. For these reasons, I reckon he'll voice TSC Zurg, if they make Zurg (fingers crossed!!).

The Toy Story Collection was rare in that it reunited a lot of the original cast for something as small as a toyline - many of the Toy Story video games haven't seen this kind of attention. Tim Allen, Wallace Shawn, Don Rickles and Ned Beatty all voiced their roles from the film, and while they aren't voiced, it's safe to say that RC Car and Bullseye got the same movie-accurate sound treatment. While Tom Hanks and Joan Cusack didn't return, there's nothing against Kelsey Grammer returning, considering how lucky we've been with the line so far, although I agree with some of you in saying that it's unlikely, due to the amount of time between now and Toy Story 2.
Also don't forget Zurg's voice actor, Andrew Stanton. He is a close connection with Pixar, having also voiced Crush and the Seagulls in Finding Nemo, and Hamm in Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins, as well as having directed Finding Nemo and WALL-E, among other Pixar studios stuff. For these reasons, I reckon he'll voice TSC Zurg, if they make Zurg (fingers crossed!!).

It IS Joan Cusack.... it just doesn't sound right is all. That's the problem with re-recording for these toys rather than using the original dialogue.

Does anyone know if Andrew Stanton voiced Zurg in the TS3 video game? Im not really sure.

back to Kelsey, I think its just how A, busy he is, and B, how much money he would want for it. I wish we knew why Tom Hanks never voices Woody outside of the movies. might help in predicting who could come back. I can see tom being too busy, he's constantly doing new movies. on the other hand its not that hard to take an hour tops out of your schedule and step into a soundbooth somewhere, doesn't even have to be in near Pixar or Thinkway. Tim is always game for voicing Buzz, I wonder why that is? does he just love the role, and doesn't have much else going on career wise? Is Tom just stubborn and thinks voicing toys/games are beneath him? I can't see that being the case, but I can't help but wonder. for all I know its out of his control. maybe something to do with whatever guild he is or is not a part of. Or is it the fact that his replacement is his brother, and likes to help him out whenever he can?

I'm not expecting Kelsey to voice a possible Stinky Pete, but Im not ruling it out either. I'm just trying to keep my expectations grounded really. Its also not a good sign that he didn't voice him in the TS3 game, to my knowledge.

Back