Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a picture with Buzz for size reference. Big Baby should be bigger, but I don't think finding one that is even as close to accurate as this one is, and in the right size, will be as easy task. For now, I'm satisfied.

big-baby-buzz.jpg

Have you worked on the Bitty Baby yet? I have one on the way to me. I'm curious to see how your customization goes before I do mine. I'm not the best at doing customs.

Not yet. We had some friends in from out of town this week, so I haven't had much time. Hopefully tomorrow I'll give it a try. I have looked over the 360 view of the doll in great detail, and while I don't think the mods will be very hard to do, correcting mistakes along the way could be very difficult. One thing I have noted is that the paint on the eyelid of the broken eye is chipped/flaked. I don't know if I'm going to try that one or not, but we'll see.

that big baby looks great next to buzz.

btw, i'm trying to get disney store hamm but was told it's all sold out everywhere. do you think disney store will restock again? i dont feel like paying $50 for it on ebay, not counting the shipping cost to my country.

I don't know about Hamm. He may have been a limited run item to tie in with the films initial release. If that is the case, there probably won't be any restocking orders. Then again, it could just be a lull right now.

I'm wondering the same thing about the Thinkway Bullseye. He never made it to any Boise area retailers at all, and none of the online retailers have any left in stock. I could buy one for $80-100 on eBay, but I refuse, especially with the problems people have had with quality issues.

btw, i'm trying to get disney store hamm but was told it's all sold out everywhere. do you think disney store will restock again? i dont feel like paying $50 for it on ebay, not counting the shipping cost to my country.

You better hurry up and pay the $50 if you really want it.

My feeling is that this item will never be restocked again. This item was only available for a limited time at disney stores, and very briefly online.

If you think paying $50 is ridiculous, wait until you start seeing one at a time every two weeks or so being sold on eBay. Prices could go crazy by then. This is the only in-scale Hamm that exists, and I dont think a better is coming out.

Right now, only TWO hamms are being sold on ebay. Two weeks ago, more than 20 were on sale.

In fact, if I was one of those two sellers, I would cancel the auction and wait for another three weeks to pass, and then relist it again. I bet it could get $100 or more when people realize that might be there only chance.

I don't think they will restock. Toy Story 3 has now been out for a long time. Remember, products such as the Disney Store Hamm are not made for serious collectors, they are made for the masses: for moms to buy for their little kids during the height of excitement about the movie. Once the movie leaves theaters or has been out for many weeks, the mass interest dies down. The masses will move on to the next Disney movies: Tangled, Tron, etc. In fact, the Toy Story 3 toys are starting to clog up the pegs at Target, Toys R Us, Walmart already.

I don't know if you this but another thing with the Hamm is that it is not packaged in any way. There is a tag on him and that's it. So most of the Hamms produced will soon be banged up and scratched up from having been handled while on store shelves or from being owned by little kids so there will be few left that are in mint or near mint conditions.

So at this point, ebay may be the best choice.

I don't think they will restock. Toy Story 3 has now been out for a long time. Remember, products such as the Disney Store Hamm are not made for serious collectors, they are made for the masses: for moms to buy for their little kids during the height of excitement about the movie. Once the movie leaves theaters or has been out for many weeks, the mass interest dies down. The masses will move on to the next Disney movies: Tangled, Tron, etc. In fact, the Toy Story 3 toys are starting to clog up the pegs at Target, Toys R Us, Walmart already.

I don't know if you this but another thing with the Hamm is that it is not packaged in any way. There is a tag on him and that's it. So most of the Hamms produced will soon be banged up and scratched up from having been handled while on store shelves or from being owned by little kids so there will be few left that are in mint or near mint conditions.

Yeah.....walmart has not pushed much TS3 product, RU just sometimes runs low on collection edition woody's but is always fully stocked. I'm patiently waiting for the price tag for woody to go down NEAR his "playtime" clone, as well as jessie. As for Buzz...I dont mind saving up for the genuine article Collectors edition..he's worth the $50. I really am on the wall with Bullseye...

I am so glad I got a Disney store Hamm when I had the chance. My GF was actually the one that told me to get him. So, I ordered him along with TSC Bullseye and luckily it came perfect!

So now My collection is :

TSC Buzz
TSC Woody
TSC Bullseye
DS Hamm bank

I think I might get Rex if his price drops.

Not yet. We had some friends in from out of town this week, so I haven't had much time. Hopefully tomorrow I'll give it a try. I have looked over the 360 view of the doll in great detail, and while I don't think the mods will be very hard to do, correcting mistakes along the way could be very difficult. One thing I have noted is that the paint on the eyelid of the broken eye is chipped/flaked. I don't know if I'm going to try that one or not, but we'll see.

I got my Bitty Baby delivered today. But I'm not touching him until you do yours since I have very little skill at customizing and I want to see what someone who's good at it can do.

By the way, does Big Baby have a teddy bear in the movie? My Bitty Baby came with a teddy bear and I'm wondering if Big Baby had one in the movie.

You better hurry up and pay the $50 if you really want it.

My feeling is that this item will never be restocked again. This item was only available for a limited time at disney stores, and very briefly online.

If you think paying $50 is ridiculous, wait until you start seeing one at a time every two weeks or so being sold on eBay. Prices could go crazy by then. This is the only in-scale Hamm that exists, and I dont think a better is coming out.

Right now, only TWO hamms are being sold on ebay. Two weeks ago, more than 20 were on sale.

In fact, if I was one of those two sellers, I would cancel the auction and wait for another three weeks to pass, and then relist it again. I bet it could get $100 or more when people realize that might be there only chance.

i got my hamm for $20. it arrived like this:

IMG_0198.jpg

so i'm not paying $50 for a second one, with a 50/50 chance it might arrive broken again. i'll wait for the plastic version, which is how he should be anyway in the film(how many times have we seen hamm fell from great height in the films and never broke once?).

and i just heard from a friend about thinkway produced slinky that comes with certificate. any truth to this? if thinkway slinky is possible, then there might be a chance for a thinkway hamm as well. fingers crossed.

As far as any of us know, there isn't a Slinky made by Thinkway, so I would have to say no. The original Poof Slinky one came with it's own kind of certificate of authenticity, but it had nothing to do with the Toy Story Collection line at all.

Where on Earth did you get that Hamm from?:thud:I would try to get a refund or a replacement if I were you, because the chances of a plastic one in that scale are slim at this point.

Yikes, yeah man, it shouldn't arrive broken if they packaged it correctly. Don't just accept that, get a refund or replacement out of them. whoever you ordered that from.

i got my hamm for $20. it arrived like this:

IMG_0198.jpg

so i'm not paying $50 for a second one, with a 50/50 chance it might arrive broken again. i'll wait for the plastic version, which is how he should be anyway in the film(how many times have we seen hamm fell from great height in the films and never broke once?).

and i just heard from a friend about thinkway produced slinky that comes with certificate. any truth to this? if thinkway slinky is possible, then there might be a chance for a thinkway hamm as well. fingers crossed.

Did you order that from the DS or ebay?

Last edited:
Back