Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone noticed the low demand of toy story toys nowadays? All animal lovin kens are selling no more than 70 bucks on ebay, and ive been noticing all these sales. I thought Toy Story was gonna be selling like crazy even through the holiday season.

I was just talking to my friend because I cary pictures of my collection with me (yes im freaky haha) and she said that she went to the disney store and her mom bought her son a buzz for 25. At first i thought she was talking about the standard disney store ones but I asked her how the box look. she said it was a space ship! Then I asked her how the toy looked like and she said the head moves when you press his buttons. can anyone verify this?!! Just saying how much I hate that non-researching people like them who didn't even know about the collection would buy them for such a low price!

I really thought all the toys would be selling like crazy that's why i bought all my toys way before at full price. Sigh, If I would have known this I would have waited till now to get them!

Has anyone noticed the low demand of toy story toys nowadays? All animal lovin kens are selling no more than 70 bucks on ebay, and ive been noticing all these sales. I thought Toy Story was gonna be selling like crazy even through the holiday season.

I was just talking to my friend because I cary pictures of my collection with me (yes im freaky haha) and she said that she went to the disney store and her mom bought her son a buzz for 25. At first i thought she was talking about the standard disney store ones but I asked her how the box look. she said it was a space ship! Then I asked her how the toy looked like and she said the head moves when you press his buttons. can anyone verify this?!! Just saying how much I hate that non-researching people like them who didn't even know about the collection would buy them for such a low price!

I really thought all the toys would be selling like crazy that's why i bought all my toys way before at full price. Sigh, If I would have known this I would have waited till now to get them!

Yeah it's weird...I was JUST thinking the same thing the other day, I work at walmart and the pride and joy I have when I walk in near the back is seeing our "TS3" row wwhich is full of 3rd rate TS3 swag and kiddie toys...we have the playtime woody, the yodeling jessie and every buzz lightyear EXCEPT the collectors edition w/o utility belt...I'm a cashier and the ONLY ones I have seen move on to new homes are two woody's, one jessie and a TSC buzz...all of these being moved about weeks ago...when I first saw the display for the row, i expected "TOY STORY MANIA" like in 1995-1996 and in 1999-2001...the very SAME issue at the local TRU...my theory is...most of the children 3-6 dont even know what toy story is..so to them..these toys are no different than any other toy out there. but to those like me, who were there to see toy story & toy story 2...this movie is like an obsession. I have had about 3 different woody dolls and 3 buzz lightyears. When I first saw the TSC woody box I nearly fainted.....I'm 21 now and the TS fever still has me thinking back to the simple days of bringing woody to school and seeing him as alive as the day I popped in the VHS and heard,"pull my string, the birthday party's TODAY?" due to the economy I dont think that TSC toys will be top priority until the month of december for those "toy players parents" [4-8] but us collectors and lovers of the series will never end. I havent seen these "cheap" TSC toys out yet or even a TRU "BUY ONE, GET ONE 50%", but the day I do I will be ALL over that. I just personally feel that it is a shame that THESE toys are the best quality ever since the serices began....but yet the rush and back order of the "first edition ones" back in 95 was crazy.....but I digress...I believe this a different time....a different age....just my opinion

I know this is VERY late and maybe in the wrong section but honestly I have been want to say this for as long as I have seen the new TSC toys...there are some things I wish ThinkWay and pixar would have done to make this the BEST line of Toy Story Collection toys possible.

Sheriff Woody doll

-"simple" smile in toy mode from TS/TS2/TS3

-boots from SAME material as the 1995 talking woody only harder [thick enough to give off a "thump" sound when knocked together but not a "clack" noise like cheap semi hollow plastic]

-Harder dark brown lace for along the hat brim

-simple yellow "woody's Roundup" buckle...gold look not soo much
needed.

-Wide spread fingers like in the movies mae from the hard plastic of the FIRST thinkway movie

-NO INTERACTIVE MODE ON THE TSC WOODY AT ALL!!!!!!!

-Smaller internal design able to capture woody's "50's cowboy body" but still be able to allow him some bend and give as you pose him or hug him...sort of like a center chest frame small enough to be covered in stuffies but big enough to hold a 50's style pull string and speaker to yell out those nine catch phrases

-Oh did I mention a 10" pull sting that once deployed, it retracts slowly?

-MUCH smaller pull string hoop

- On his arms near the shoulder..instead of connecting them to the body like that, just stitch sideways so woody can raise his arms and "check if his hat is there".

- CATCH PHRASES:
*Howdy! My name is Woody!
*Reach for the sky
*This town aint big enough for the two of us
*THERES A SNAKE IN MY BOOT!
*Yee-Haw! Giddy-up Partner! We got to get this wagon train a'movin!
*Yer my favorite deputy
*I'd like to join your posse, boys, but first I'm gonna sing a little song."
*Somebody's poisoned the waterhole
*Yee-Haw Cowboy!

-disconnect the head from ANY part of his internal design..make it so his head seems to give way with what ever direction his body is going like in various times in the movie

-Better doll stand with less stress on the neck

Buzz Lightyear

There isnt much I could possibly say about or change in this toy..Thinkway REALLY can a LONg way with this one..BUT if i had too nik-pik about something or dream of the REAL buzz and what he would be like...

-PICK ONE...either give me the Karate chop action -OR- the full helmet retraction with side button initiation...or hey..BOTH. You mean to tell me that with a robust retail market and technology to build an ipod smaller than a child's hand....you dont "have the technology available YET" to make a child's toy's helmet retract? tsshh please..this along with the features already in Buzz Lightyear alone would have boosted enough sales to make up for the price of making them. [slimming down the glass and gutting out space inside for atleast a 75% retraction for FULL movie "buzz w/o helmet" look]

-on THIS toy...I dont mind INTERACTIVE feature soo much

--"crazy on duty" buzz toy face

---Even if you decide to add "utility belt"....let it be an accesory that cOMES WITH buzz instead of having to buy a WHOLE other buzz that does the SAME stuff! and let the belt itself make the sound and light functions and have those mini magnets on the swivel side panel

-make the green trim glow in the dark with ease

-press and hold the "red communicator" chest button and it makes sounds like it's TRYING to get signal to star command

-more articulation in the shoulder joint so that he can have his hands directly to his side

-better laser sound [quick press=one beam, press and hold= long beam "whoooooooow"

Jessie the Yodeling Cowgirl

-Longer yarn hair so when in a ponytail it drops to her fron shoulder

-cowskin chaps mad of same material as woody's cowskin vest

-plain cotton blend shirt...none of that shiny-ish material

-No complaints on the phrases...basically because I didnt hear her phrases as a toy in the movie, would have loved to hear more yodeling though

-disconnect the head from ANY part of his internal design..make it so his head seems to give way with what ever direction her body is going like in various times in the movie

-Slimmer waist and softer body like a ragdoll similar my suggestion with woody

-BETTER VOICE PLEASE

Woody's horse Bullseye

-a little smaller, less bulky body

-NO horse shoes

-No sounds, music or horse noises

-better stand

Lot's O Huggin Bear

--EASY on the strawberry scent

--Bigger head, longer arms

--clean him up! sheesh he looks like he escaped a garbage dump! LOL
in the daisy flashbacks we have this BIG,PLUSH, PURPLE/PINK fur bear with a big white belly and paws with a smile of an old country grandpa sitting on a wooden porch handing our worther's originals candy....the TSC lotso looks like a totally different bear to me

THE LGM's

-MAKE THEM SQUEEK!!!
I heard alot of reviews saying they are glad they dont squeek because it would be annoying but come on!!! part of the reason we love them is because of that utterly annoying "squeek squeek squeek....oooooooooh" LOL

THE DREAM TWO: [Evil emperor Zurg, Stinky pete the ol' Prospector

Zurg
_______

- tall as woody
-ion blaster with 6 mini pong-like balls
-"look here" enemy sighting behind his head
-press "Z" on chest for 10 evil phrases
-mini 360 degree wheels on the bottom and remote controled
-2 modes "combat"/"seek and destroy"
-glowing eye trim

Stinky pete

-pick ax and critters included
-soft plastic hat and head
-8" pull string
-9 phrases
-fully flexable fat body

I've got a transparent Buzz lightyear I got from disney land in the year 2000 and i've looked all over the internet on information on these and theres nothing at all about them and they were made by thinkway toys and sold exclusively at disney land as special edition toys and might be the only guy in the UK to have one1!!!(I doubt that!):slap

my theory is...most of the children 3-6 don't even know what toy story is..so to them..these toys are no different than any other toy out there.

Is 2-6 really even in the target demo in the first place? even for me, I was 7 or 8 when the first movie came out. but I would think the double feature and blu ray/dvd releases that came out not long ago would have been enough introduce this franchise to them and create demand.

I said "3-6" only because when the first and secon films came out....even the 3rd one, there was always plush toys and such for that set age plus I knew plenty of little kids ranging from 3 to 7 that couldnt follow anything but the main characters because unlike other movies...this movie was about one thing all little kids KNEW about and followed which were TOYS...lol plus when the first one came out, my little 3 year old cousin used to try and steal my woody and buzzlightyear running out of the room screaming, "TO INFINITY AND BEYOND"!---translated out of cheeto filled jaws ofcourse

Finally got my DS Wheezy in the mail today. Though he doesn't squaek and he is a plush, I gotta say I'm very happy with his scale. he fits in very well.

I really hope that with this "low demand", the TSC will lower in price....I LOVe toy story but honestly the only toys out of that collection I would consider getting is Woody,Jessie,Buzz and Bullseye...possibly zurg and Stinky pete If they make a wave soon. But in my opinion...Buzz lightyear [sans utility belt] is the ONLY one worth $50 in this day and age for the functions it brings to the table and articulation. woody's my favorite one so ofcourse he would be FIRST on my list but $50.. a little high but hey.....it's W-O-O-D-Y. LOL

I know this is VERY late and maybe in the wrong section but honestly I have been want to say this for as long as I have seen the new TSC toys...there are some things I wish ThinkWay and pixar would have done to make this the BEST line of Toy Story Collection toys possible.

agree with everything you said. i always think they should strive to make the actual toys look the toys in the films - toys for kids. dont need to upgrade them into high tech toys for collectors. you turn these simple toys into high tech toys, you take away their characteristics.

rex dont need to talk. potatohead dont need to talk. woody n buzz dont need interactive mode. stick to the characteristics of the toys in the films. do them over.

btw, i have a friend who said his buzz has a problem with one of its wingspan. when you push it in, it can not be locked in, so it has to stay open all the time. and another friend said one of his wingspan look damaged(i dont know what he meant by 'damaged' though). anybody else encountered these problems with their buzz? my buzz is still in the box so i cannot say about mine.

agree with everything you said. i always think they should strive to make the actual toys look the toys in the films - toys for kids. dont need to upgrade them into high tech toys for collectors. you turn these simple toys into high tech toys, you take away their characteristics.

rex dont need to talk. potatohead dont need to talk. woody n buzz dont need interactive mode. stick to the characteristics of the toys in the films. do them over.

That's my point EXACTLY! when I FIRST heard about the Toy story COLLECTION toys....I'm thinking an ALMOST EXACT copy of andy's toys...ESPECIALLY for the price tag. but I was a little sad over the "little" things I think they dropped the ball on...main thing to consider is that for over 14 years we had one defined woody and buzz doll that was "original" that hardly looked like either character but the crowd ate it up. I just hate interactive toys even when I was a little kid, I like a toy that says NOTHING but I can use my imagination. Buzz....I can see having those functions..he is without a doubt the coolest gadget filled toy in the series, but to have a "woody's roundup" Woody and jessie doll that "TALKS TO YOU".....smh..I think they just added these features in to justify that $50-up price tag....looking back at all my "should have been" features posted earlier, I think the prices respectfully should be"

Sheriff woody=$30
Cowgirl Jessie=$30
Buzz Lightyear=STILL $50...he rocks
Lotso huggin bear=$20

It's even worse when John Lasseter goes on youtube to say that these are the EXACT SAME TOYS Andy bought. Yah right. Lie!!!

LOL yeah, I never saw the scene were Andy and woody had a conversation. But all jokes aside, they are really special toys...just not the "REAL" ones...except buzz..I really must give them that..they did GREAT job...mabe if there is ever Toy story 4...we will get the "real" ones..LOL

TOY STORY 4: LOTSO's REVENGE....ENTER THE STRAWBERRY:horror

I really hope that with this "low demand", the TSC will lower in price...

It seems they will. the problem with that though is that while they will slash prices, it also means stores wont order any more because they aren't as in demand anymore. they'll just continue to stock the cheaper alternatives when it comes to the expensive ones, and might drop the cheaper ones altogether if their warming shelves too much.

I don't think that thinkway was trying to make the toy have a conversation with you. I think that they were going for the angle of you being able to see what the toy would say if you were not around and it was talking to other toys. I think they did an amazing job. I hope they also make a new stinky pete to complete the gang.

I don't think that thinkway was trying to make the toy have a conversation with you. I think that they were going for the angle of you being able to see what the toy would say if you were not around and it was talking to other toys. I think they did an amazing job. I hope they also make a new stinky pete to complete the gang.
I don't think Woody would say cliche'd cowboy phrases randomly to Buzz as they're sitting around in Andy's room.

All in all, I think the Toy story collection toys are great [except potato head]. No toy is ever perfect but they are mostly exact duplicates to their on-screen characters, I cant wait for the bluray three movie collection,my woody,Jessie,Bullseye and my regular buzz lightyear to complete my Toy Story collection...ESPECIALLY WOODY!!!

if anyone still cares ive been doing inventory on ebay and now is the perfect time to get animal lovin ken. one i was watching sold for only 10 bucks, it was just missing its ascot

Back