Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 inch plastic rings can be bought at most arts and craft stores.
https://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Rings-Inch-Per-Pack/dp/B003GGL09K

to replace the string, first pull the string out as far as it'll go, its a good idea to use a chip clip or something to anchor it case you accidentally left go later. Tie the new one onto the built in one, make the knot close to the hole, as you'll need the tension to allow the knot to get pulled back in, make the knot as tight and small as possible. if you like you can go ahead and see if you can get it through the hole now as a test, but you'll need to pull it back out to cut off the excess. if your satisfied with the length of the new string (and its really up to you, it changes in the movies, especially the third, I settled on 8 inches if I remember right) go ahead and snip the original string.

Before doing that you may want to add a drop of super glue to secure it more. Not too much though, the first time I did it I put too much and it wouldn't go through the hole anymore.

Once its been sniped and secured, go ahead and shove that knot back down into the hole. and tying the new ring on should be easy, and its really up to you at what point you want to do it. I used Super Glue here too to secure it with a tiny, nearly invisible knot.

Thanks alot! I thought it was going to be a complicated surgery involving me having to take out the voice box and everything. I'm going to get right on this...I want to do the same for Jessie when I get her but I'm keeping her hoop as the original since it is still movie sized. Still wishing that both Woody and Jessie had similar but smaller internal design as the 1996 model talking woody from thinkway..I really think that it would feel more like a "rag doll" if the insides were not connected to the neck and the body didnt feel like something you could use as a weapon.lol I digress thank you:hi5:

I think I may have the coolest wife on the planet. She was out at some garage sales this morning, and when she got home, she was really excited to show me what she had found for me:

big-baby.jpg

It isn't an exact match, but it is by far the closest I have seen anywhere. The size is a little bit small (it's 17" tall, but I think it should be closer to 20"), but the eyes are just the right color, and the arms and legs are the perfect shape. And she got it for fifty cents :lol. Now to glue that left eye down and make some pen tats...

I think I may have the coolest wife on the planet. She was out at some garage sales this morning, and when she got home, she was really excited to show me what she had found for me:

big-baby.jpg

It isn't an exact match, but it is by far the closest I have seen anywhere. The size is a little bit small (it's 17" tall, but I think it should be closer to 20"), but the eyes are just the right color, and the arms and legs are the perfect shape. And she got it for fifty cents :lol. Now to glue that left eye down and make some pen tats...

looks very good. I found some dolls called Bitty Baby. I think yours might be a Bitty Baby. Any tags on it that say what company it is so that the rest of us can try to get one? Here is a link to a Bitty Baby:
https://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/141180/uid/95

Yep, it does have an "American Girl" tag on it, and it looks just like the one pictured at their site. $.50 for $45 doll. Not a bad deal. :D

yes indeed. Great deal. Looks like we have finally found our Big Baby!

Yep, it does have an "American Girl" tag on it, and it looks just like the one pictured at their site. $.50 for $45 doll. Not a bad deal. :D

By the way, it says on their website that Bitty Baby measures 15 inches but you said yours measures 17 inches. Is it that you just "stretched" an extra 2 inches of length? I don't see them selling a 17 inch Bitty Baby on their site, just 15 inches.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I would assume mine is just a bit "loosened up" from having been played with. And I just remeasured it, and it looks like it is closer to 16 1/2 inches.

I did a google search for "bitty baby toy story 3" and it looks like the thought out on the web is that Bitty Baby is in fact what Big Baby is based on. Good look with your work on your Bitty Baby, can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm going to start searching for a cheap Bitty Baby.

Here's a picture with Buzz for size reference. Big Baby should be bigger, but I don't think finding one that is even as close to accurate as this one is, and in the right size, will be as easy task. For now, I'm satisfied.

big-baby-buzz.jpg

Here's a picture with Buzz for size reference. Big Baby should be bigger, but I don't think finding one that is even as close to accurate as this one is, and in the right size, will be as easy task. For now, I'm satisfied.

big-baby-buzz.jpg

looks good with Buzz!

big-baby-buzz.jpg

Great picture Dad! What a handsome space ranger.:)

Back