Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the Mattel one is a good representation of the character. Great sculpt on the face. But as Bliss, who owns her, pointed out to me, she is a "doll-doll" and not a "rag-doll" like she's supposed to be. Also, to be petty, the brim of her hat is red. :S

Thank you Cloud! You are right about the Mattel Jessie not being a "rag-doll", but on the other hand I noticed that her hair is more movie-accurate...Thinkways' hair is just too short IMO

Thank you Cloud! You are right about the Mattel Jessie not being a "rag-doll", but on the other hand I noticed that her hair is more movie-accurate...Thinkways' hair is just too short IMO
That's true. And the Thinkway's hairline ends much too high up on her head. I don't know if this was to make room for her stand, or because her braid was already wayyyy too thick.

I guess it would be nice if both heads could be interchanged...Mattel's on the Thinkway's body (with Thinkway's hat ;))

They can't be interchanged. The Mattel doll that you linked to is a Barbie-size doll (yes, I have her too). Her head is about 25% smaller than the Thinkway Jessie's.

However, there is another Mattel version that uses an identical head sculpt (only in the correct scale). Unfortunately, that one is only licensed for sale in Europe. So your only hope would be to find a European dealer who ships to the US, or maybe ebay.

8610245463869328.jpg

She looks pretty good!

The problem I have with that Jessie is she looks like her crazy live self instead of her toy self.

That one looks more syco than Ive ever seen her in motion, and that's saying something. the only compliment I can give that one is how they painted the inside of the mouth. thinkway should do that with theirs. its off putting having white teeth yet inner mouths flesh colored.

They can't be interchanged. The Mattel doll that you linked to is a Barbie-size doll (yes, I have her too). Her head is about 25% smaller than the Thinkway Jessie's.

However, there is another Mattel version that uses an identical head sculpt (only in the correct scale). Unfortunately, that one is only licensed for sale in Europe. So your only hope would be to find a European dealer who ships to the US, or maybe ebay.

No problem, as I am from Europe myself. Thank you RoboDad! I'll try to find that one out

Last edited:
I think I need professional help. Everytime I go to Target I see the bucket o soldiers there. There's usually one or two that do not have the plastic package on it and when I open them BOOM the COA is staring right at me. Since I bought them back when the COA was not available, I'm always tempted to rip it out and take it home with me. Does anyone else do this? I know I'll never do it but Target does owe me a COA!!

The ones that didn't come with a COA aren't merely missing it, their entirely different sculpts. There's a reason they didn't come with a COA, those were not made with the digital data. Do yourself a favor, sell yours on ebay or something and buy the real ones. owning the right one is more important than the piece of paper that comes with it.

Target doesnt owe you a thing, the one you got was never supposed to come with one. unless for some reason you really did buy the right one, with the picture of it right on the bucket and it still didnt come with one. but I suspect that is not the case.

I think I need professional help. Everytime I go to Target I see the bucket o soldiers there. There's usually one or two that do not have the plastic package on it and when I open them BOOM the COA is staring right at me. Since I bought them back when the COA was not available, I'm always tempted to rip it out and take it home with me. Does anyone else do this? I know I'll never do it but Target does owe me a COA!!

Target doesn't owe you the COA, Thinkway does.

Just saying.

Depending on how much you care about accuracy, you may just want to re-buy the plastic soldiers. The ones with the COA look much better then the ones without it.

I know that the new ones are way better, but just the fact that it says Toy Story Collection on them gets me pissed. It's true that Target doesn't owe me a certificate, but I just hate that I have to buy another bucket when that money could easily go towards Bullseye, or lunch money. Sigh.

Back