Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a thought earlier which was my favourite scene in Toy Story 1, too many to pick a favourite but I instantly thought of the "This isn't flying, this is falling.,..with style" quote. does the TSC Buzz say it? If so, how do you get him to say it? I just have these things on display so i've not had them talking much.

Cheers for any help

Had a thought earlier which was my favourite scene in Toy Story 1, too many to pick a favourite but I instantly thought of the "This isn't flying, this is falling.,..with style" quote. does the TSC Buzz say it? If so, how do you get him to say it? I just have these things on display so i've not had them talking much.

Cheers for any help

I think this is what most people don't understand. These Toys are not supposed to be the ones in the movie. They are ones that you would purchase in the Toy Story world. For instance if you walked into Al's Toy Barn and bought a Buzz from the giant aile of Buzz Lightyears.

So these Toys don't know that they are toys. They still think they are the real deal, just like Buzz did at one time.

So all the interactions Buzz and Woody had in the movie really have nothing to do with these toys because they aren't supposed to be the same ones. He wouldn't say "this isn't flying" because he still believes he can.

I could be wrong about this, please someone correct me if I am.:)

You're half right. The Buzz Lightyears have two modes... one is toy mode where his voice even sounds like a toy. The other is a more interactive "alive" mode where he reacts to things around him. If you pop open his wings and fly around, he'll make the jet sounds. If you pop open his communicator, he'll do a reading or whatever.

So in a way, these are no longer 100% toy toys.

The biggest example of how off base these are is with Mr. Potato Head. He isn't the toy you'd buy at the store. He's 100% the Don Rickles character.

Rex probably isn't a talking toy in real life... and he's supposed to have a moving jaw.

I doubt Lotso would have talked as a toy. He would just be a stuffed bear like "My Buddy" or "My Pet Monster".

I think this is what most people don't understand. These Toys are not supposed to be the ones in the movie. They are ones that you would purchase in the Toy Story world. For instance if you walked into Al's Toy Barn and bought a Buzz from the giant aile of Buzz Lightyears.

So these Toys don't know that they are toys. They still think they are the real deal, just like Buzz did at one time.

So all the interactions Buzz and Woody had in the movie really have nothing to do with these toys because they aren't supposed to be the same ones. He wouldn't say "this isn't flying" because he still believes he can.

I could be wrong about this, please someone correct me if I am.:)

Yeah I understand all that, guess it musn't have entered my head when I was thinking about the falling with style quote!

On the topic of Bullseye being to big, I can't really say anything, but maybe his body is to thick, possibly due to the technology in him. For anyone who owns Bullseye, is that the problem?

Nah, he seems to have the proper proportions. and there isn't a lot of tech in side either, its just a small voicebox with a motor that allows for vibration. this isn't like with Jessie where it seems to compromise the design. Theres actually room to spare in there.

I just received my custom Hockey Puck!

Hock.jpg

Where did you get that? is someone doing a run?

Tyler Haslett is doing a run, but there no are slots left. once he shiped out the rest this week that'll be the end of it.
I cant wait to receive his hockey puck and Potatohead eyes.

Last edited:
I haven't gotten my Spud eyes yet, they should be coming later in the week.

Brain, I got this as part of a limited run that one of the (former) members of Pixar Planet was doing. It sold out over a month ago. Unfortunately, the administrators over there apparently weren't comfortable having any commerce conducted in their forum, and rather than handle it diplomatically, they simply banned the artist. If you want to see what other projects are in process, search for "Toy Story Replicas" on Facebook.

Ok, bear with me. I've read on some websites that the third wave of the TSC has been confirmed, but we still don't know which characters we'll be getting. So, I have one theory, hear me out. As you guys have probably noticed, each of the TSC toys have had a 25 to 30 dollar, less glorified counterpart, depending on where you buy them. Buzz, Woody, Jessie, Rex, Lotso, Bullseye, and even RC all have a non TSC "twin". Looking at the Thinkway website, Chunk, Twitch, and Sparks obviously do not have a TSC "twin", so my thoughts are that we know at least three of the toys that we'll be getting in the third wave of the TSC. And reading some of the reviews of the Sparks toy, I'm sure he could use the TSC treatment. Yet, these three toys really didn't say anything memorable in the movie. But then again neither did Jessie, and we've gotten a TSC Jessie. Any thoughts on my theory guys?

Last edited:
I don't think Chunk and Twitch need the Toy Story Collection treatment as the versions out right now are very good, Sparks on the other hand could be much better.

Twitch and Chunk are good enough. Chunk I think could be made from tougher material, but other than that he seems as good as he can get.
Sparks, while he could use a ton of upgrades, I don't see happening. Sparking toys are considering hazardous and also have been said to not last long, which explains the light bulb instead. I don't see me buying a sparks toy that doesn't spark.

Last edited:
Chunk is good enough. I think he could be made from tougher material, but other than that he seems as good as he can get.
Sparks, while he could use a ton of upgrades, I don't see happening. Sparking toys are considering hazardous and also have been said to not last long, which explains the light bulb instead. I don't see me buying a sparks toy that doesn't spark.

Ya, I still find myself on the fence about Sparks. I just don't see him being worth the 25 dollar price tag. And I do agree that both Chunk and Twitch are spot on in scale and details.

Twitch and Chunk are good enough. Chunk I think could be made from tougher material, but other than that he seems as good as he can get.

As mentioned in my post a few pages back, there's a ton that could be improved with the current Sparks but at the same time, if they could just fix EVERYTHING else... I'd be okay with no sparks. It'd still be a really impressive robot and screen accurate when it's not moving.

Chunk really could just use a better paint job and that'd make it TSC quality. Twitch is ALMOST there. Get rid of his stomach button and give him his staff and he'd be all set to go.

Back during Toy Fair, didn't we see a picture of Hamm in the Toy Story displays?

Yes, but lack of retailer intrest killed that idea. a 50 dollar electronic piggy back just doesnt appeal to enough people. Which is the only way Thinkway seems to want to release it.

people who just want an accurate in scale Hamm can look to the Disney Store Hamm.

Someone on ultimatedisney (now DVDizzy) provided these size comparison shots for Bullseye. seems pretty definitive to me.

Picture2-7.png

Photo18.jpg

Last edited:
And reading some of the reviews of the Sparks toy, I'm sure he could use the TSC treatment. Yet, these three toys really didn't say anything memorable in the movie. But then again neither did Jessie, and we've gotten a TSC Jessie. Any thoughts on my theory guys?

jesse is 3rd in the hierarchy, right after woody and buzz. and she's been with us from film 2. spark & chuck dont even compare.

i think the thinkway toys just need to be accurate to the toys in the films, when they're just being toys. hence the tsc treatment should only be given to those toys that have play features in the film, like woody, n jesse, n buzz, n rc.

hamm, rex, lotso, potatohead dont need to be made into electronic toys. adding high end features to a toy, making it more collector friendly, when in the film the toy is supposed to be a simple child's plaything... that takes away the toy's/character's personality. sometimes simpler is better.

Yes, but lack of retailer intrest killed that idea. a 50 dollar electronic piggy back just doesnt appeal to enough people. Which is the only way Thinkway seems to want to release it.

Photo18.jpg

the two eyes on bullseye dont look to be of the same size.

^I woulkd have waited, theres supposed to be a more accurate one of her (as well as Mr.) coming in the fall.
the Mrs thats out now looks nothing like her in the movies.

Back