Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of the great pics in this thread have been tempting me to buy some of these. Found out about the TRU sale the other day so decide to buy some.
Went to TRU today and walked out with Woody and Buzz.
They are great and I am very glad I bought them.

I've been debating if I should pull the trigger to order Utility Buzz and Lotso using the buy 1 get the 2nd 50% off. I'll pass, wasn't too fond of Lotso and the original Buzz is enough for me.

I have settled on just short of 8 and half inches for Woody's new string.

I just had a huge scare. While adjusting the ring, my temporary knot came undone. tsssssseeeewwp!!!! the hold slurped up the string!
no.... no no! nawwww nooo!! I stood there in shock for a a good 10 seconds, I could see the very end of the string peeking through the hole, I couldn't reach it with my fingers for sure. I tried tweezers, too thick. I ended up fashioning two chop stick esk grabbing things out of two bobby pins after using pliers to make the ends as skinny as possible, and was able to grab the end of the string and pull it back out without doing any evasive surgery. Im pretty sure the only reason I was able to get the end back out was due to the lack of tension you get when the string is as long as I had it. thankfully no harm done.

bungie.jpg

stringalong.jpg

stringdance.jpg

Edit: pics of my latest addition.
upclose.jpg

jessiegroup.jpg

ridenem.jpg

by the way, someone on pixarplanet pointed out something I noticed while taking pics of Woody on bullseye. his feet dont reach the foot rests. this seems to imply Bullseye is too large in scale. either that or Woody's too short...

And if anyone's wondering, Jessie's doesn't reach either.

Last edited:
I actually thought that Woody's body needed to be a bit taller.
That's a fantastic looking Woody! It's interesting how many modifacations that you can make on these toys! Potato Heads eyes, and feet. Woody's string and ring, and I just thought that with the proper skills, you could take out Woody's hands, and replace them with the origional thinkway Woody.

Considering Buzz was able to put his feet in there too in TS2, and he's shorter than woody, I'm guessing its Bullseye that's too big.

For those of you who own TSC Potato Head, does his hat start sliding sideways when playing with him? His movements make his hat start sliding sideways on mine. It doesn't come out of it's socket, just slides. I mean, it pretty much just spins easily when it's in the head socket anyway.

Just wondering if this was normal. For a 50 dollar Potato Head, it better be. :cuckoo:

Considering Buzz was able to put his feet in there too in TS2, and he's shorter than woody, I'm guessing its Bullseye that's too big.

From all of the photos I've seen of the TSC Bullseye (which is all I can rely on, since I still can't find one at my local stores), that's my opinion too. Woody is definitely not too small. His height is exactly what has been stated as the height of the character in the films, and his body proportions are accurate.

After seeing TS3 again yesterday, it only confirmed my suspicion. In the scene at Sunnyside, when Woody is getting ready to leave, Bullseye was standing right beside Jessie, and the top of his head was just slightly below the top of hers, and he was in almost the same pose as the TSC figure. That makes the TSC figure about an inch too tall.

So the question I have now is, whats the closest thing we have to an in scale Bullseye? it could still very well be the TSC one, but there could also be another one that is spot on in scale, but off in other ways. if we do have one, I wonder how passable it is in terms of accuracy.

Pixar was probably cheating a little during that sequence, but the TSC Bullseye does seem to be a tad large.

I was having doubts about starting a Toy Story collection because I knew it would be expensive. I am so glad that TRU had the sale over the weekend, and that I decided to go for it. I love these things!

I opened my new toys last night and got around to taking some pics today.

Actually, this pic was taken last night
TSTyger.jpg

TSWoody.jpg

Up to no good
TSAliens.jpg

TSBuzz.jpg

TSC2.jpg

TSC3.jpg

So I'm not really much of a collector... but I just could not resist the TSC Bullseye at TRU today. It's the first time I've seen the TSC in person. I desperately wanted Jessie and the aliens too, but I resisted temptation until the next time I'm in TRU!

I also have most of the buddy pack TS3 toys, and I'm going to do a very special shadow box with them.

Toy Story is making me a collector! AHHH!! :D

I'm not one either but its turning me into one just for this one instance. The movie inspires it, it seems.

After seeing TS3 again yesterday, it only confirmed my suspicion. In the scene at Sunnyside, when Woody is getting ready to leave, Bullseye was standing right beside Jessie, and the top of his head was just slightly below the top of hers, and he was in almost the same pose as the TSC figure. That makes the TSC figure about an inch too tall.

that's what worries me, that i get this toy now, and then later down the line they make another one that's more accurate, making this current one obsolete. and you cant sell it because by then everyone wants the latest most accurate version.

that's why i'm hesitant to get rex, potatohead, etc. hamm n slinky look definite enough for now, but who knows what they have planned for wave 3. i think i'm safe now with my woody n buzz n jesse.

this isnt an iphone, their not going to make upgrades any time soon for most of these characters. I think the only exception might be non electronic Mr potato head that we are apparently getting in the fall. but I really dont see them doing a better Bullseye or anyone else any time soon.

Great news guys. I recently posted that I needed to send my Buzz back because his wing was broken. Well, I went back to TRU and they luckily had another one. In addition, they also had a buy one get 50% off sale. I saw a Bullseye and immediately got him for only $25 bucks...great deal!! I opened him today and he looks great next to Woody

Woody and Chatter Phone
IMG_8661.jpg

Got Utility Belt Buzz w/ BOGO sale for $25. I'm gonna keep it boxed until Zurg is out.
IMG_8561-1.jpg

And w/ the bogo sale also got Sparks for $12.50, which is the MOST any of you should pay for this guy. He's just too far from accurate for me to recommend unless you're a completist.

Issue #1: eyes. they don't light up.
SPARKS_09.jpg

Issue #2: sparks. he doesn't. (it's a little lightbulb that blinks)
SPARKS_10.jpg

Issue #3: he doesn't elevate up like he does in the film
SPARKS_15.jpg

Issue #4: he's not made of the proper materials. Plastic and stickers is what this guy is.
SPARKS_14.jpg

But... he does flesh out the Sunnyside Gang.
SPARKS_17.jpg

Back