Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only draw back in terms of accuracy for that is its scale, its too small.

it says that version is 18.5", while the tsc version is 13". which size is more screen accurate?

i also heard about sdcc lotso coming out soon:
!BvduohwBGk~$%28KGrHqJ,!jYEv1+0FPMLBMErcPiYHQ~~_12.JPG

is that supposed to be an action figure or a thinkway doll? cant find any info about that on the net.

EDIT: ok, just found out it's just a mattel toy.

Last edited:
That version is not 18' at all. more like 9' based on what I remember. (at least if we're talking about how tall it is) 18 would be far larger than it should be anyway.

The TSC rex, whatever its measurments are, is the accurate scale.

Edit: okay here we go.
https://www.disneystore.com/action-...n-figure-by-thinkway-toys-10/p/1263741/11798/
10 inches. I was off by only an inch. 13' is the correct scale and is what the TSC version is.

Last edited:
yeah, that bullseye looks so gorgeous. the only way i could get my hands on him is buying online though, and the going rate now is over $100. :(

n what do you guys think about this rex:
rexthinkway.jpg

it cant talk, but the toy in the film cant really talk either. i'm more inclined to get the accurate toy version that does as it does in the film, as a toy, rather than the motorized/talking version. but how accurate is this rex, look wise?

WAAY too small. That's the tricky thing about that packaging. It says "LOOKS like". But not movie-size!

I just got back from TRU and just did two separate transactions. Purchased Buzz and Woody together, and then Bullseye and the aliens.

I had actually bought Bullseye yesterday, but after looking at him when I got home, I didn't like the placement of his eyebrows. The top of his left eyebrow was touching the top of his eye and it was kind of placed on the side of his head.

I found it too annoying so I decided to get another one, and pick up the aliens for half off while I was at it. I feel a lot better about paying $15 for the aliens. If only they had Rex.

Can't wait to open them!

TSC.jpg

I wouldn't recommend any of the chatter phones out there right now (unless you want the TS3 version for the voices). None of them are really even close to the original version (which is as close to screen-accurate as you will ever get).

I picked up the chatter toy. The one in the movie talks so it'll do. Wish there was a movie version Rex...same size and all....non-talking as well. Is be very much content just getting my hands on Bullseye for now though. Already snatched up Jessie, chatter, 3 aliens, and playskool Mr. Potatoe Head for $10.

Have you switched him back on since turning him off Kyle? It may have just needed switching on / off, like a dodgy computer.

My guess though it's something to do with shortening the string.

I wouldn't recommend any of the chatter phones out there right now (unless you want the TS3 version for the voices). None of them are really even close to the original version (which is as close to screen-accurate as you will ever get).

Is there a TS version? The one I saw was apart of some vintage toy line at target.

Just got back from TRU. And I took advantage of the Buy one Get on 50% off. And I got Twitch and Chunk! I'm still on the fence about Sparks tho.

I too just got back. I brought the receipt from yesterday when I bought Bullseye so I could return and rebuy him, along with Jessie, half off.

Also bought Woody a new stand from AC Moore. And I'm in the process of attempting to fix the string problem I mentioned.

I too just got back. I brought the receipt from yesterday when I bought Bullseye so I could return and rebuy him, along with Jessie, half off.

Also bought Woody a new stand from AC Moore. And I'm in the process of attempting to fix the string problem I mentioned.

Would you be able to post some pictures of your new stand when you have a chance?

Pretty standard fare.

standards.jpg

3roundup.jpg

Having some trouble keeping it up high enough, probably should have gone with a taller stand, but this was all they had. it keeps being pulled down from the weight of Woody. stretching out the metal piece helps a little, but not completely.

Last edited:

glad you were able to do it

So I went nuts with the toy story collecting and today all the following arrived in the mail after a few days of ebay buying:
Janie with the two heads
12 inch prospector
Mr mike
Wheezy from japan
12 inch Bo peep and sheep
Jolly chimp with cymbals
I've been getting a lot of these secondary characters to go with the tsc collection. Others I have gotten recently:
Barbie pink corvette
Rock em sock em robots
Farmer says
Yellow Barrel of monkeys
Lenny from burger king
Zurg night guard
It's been tons of fun tracking this stuff down
Can't wait to put it all on display

That version is not 18' at all. more like 9' based on what I remember. (at least if we're talking about how tall it is) 18 would be far larger than it should be anyway.

The TSC rex, whatever its measurments are, is the accurate scale.

Edit: okay here we go.
https://www.disneystore.com/action-...n-figure-by-thinkway-toys-10/p/1263741/11798/
10 inches. I was off by only an inch. 13' is the correct scale and is what the TSC version is.

ok, thx for the info. :) i guess i want all my toys to be just like the regular toys from the film. no need to add talking/play features just to jack up the price, when the toys dont even have high end features in the film.

Just got out of surgery, the pull string operation was a success!

Now, before I cut the excess string and tie off for good, does anyone know the exact length the string is intended to be? or an approx even? I'll ask around on other boards too to weight in.

but 3 good things came from this. I now have a smaller ring, longer string, and its thinner. all add up to more accuracy.

Is there a TS version? The one I saw was apart of some vintage toy line at target.

There's a classic Fisher Price Chatter Phone sold at TARGET for $12.99. I bought that one. The cord is the wrong color (yellow) but does the job.

There's also a Toy Story Chatterphone that has various Toy Story voices depending on what number you dial: Woody, Buzz, Rex, and Chatter Phone. This sells for about $17.99 but has been on sale for as low as $12.99-13.99.

I need to reshoot this picture to be more film accurate:
IMG_8237.jpg

Back