Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
after opening Woody I find out that half of the box is in Spanish. I don't really mind about that but the Certificate of Authenticity is in both English and Spanish!

Grrrr, I had the same problem, it makes Woody's certificate stand out like a sore thumb. Does anyone know if any other certificates are multi-lingual?

For anyone still on the fence about whether or not to get 'ol Spud-head, I noticed yesterday that Kmart has the TSC Mr Potato Head on sale for $39.99 - $20 less than their normal price, and $10 less than Toys-R-Us. I would imagine the sale ends today (7/3/10) though, as their ads generally run Sun-Sat.

Ok, so I finally sucked it up whith the issues that I had with my Lotso. Ya know, the lopsided face. After some pushing and rearranging, I was able to move the stuffing inside his face around and he now looks perfect! :-D

Anyway, has anybody cut the tags off of their Lotso's butt? I've been thinking of doing it, and keeping the "Lots-o'-Huggin' Bear" tag that he has, as I feel that tag is unique to the toy. :)

Oh! And another question regarding cutting. Has anyone cut the string that lies inside the actual slinky part on Slinky Dog? Again, I've been wanting to cut this as well, but I'm afraid of messing Slinky Dog up. :-(

Ok, so I finally sucked it up whith the issues that I had with my Lotso. Ya know, the lopsided face. After some pushing and rearranging, I was able to move the stuffing inside his face around and he now looks perfect! :-D

Anyway, has anybody cut the tags off of their Lotso's butt? I've been thinking of doing it, and keeping the "Lots-o'-Huggin' Bear" tag that he has, as I feel that tag is unique to the toy. :)

Oh! And another question regarding cutting. Has anyone cut the string that lies inside the actual slinky part on Slinky Dog? Again, I've been wanting to cut this as well, but I'm afraid of messing Slinky Dog up. :-(

I think Lotso has a tag on the back but I think the placement is different. I don't actually recall since I only have the "art of toy story 3" book and it shows illustrations with where his tag is (closer to center right on his back).

I'm mighty tempted to cut the tags off Jessie and Bullseye.

Slinky Dog, I did my best to cut off the string and using tweezers, I pushed the remaining strands into his face hole (haha).

OH, but you're talking about the one in the center. Man, I was thinking the same thing! You know what? DO IT. He's the cheapest to replace at $12.99 right?

If I was made of money, I'd buy or make an armature and put it inside of Lotso, turning him into the first action figure plush doll.

That would be all kinds of awesome! I would honestly even settle for some super sterdy wires.
And Woody! I have him in his stand now with a bit of foam between the neck holder and the neck itself. Would still like a less damaging option though.

It would be great if Woody was poseable as well.

We need to find a way to make that bear stand. :lecture

I saw some pics on another forum, and this guy was able to make him stand. He made like a hollow box out of cardboard. And he placed it between his legs, and presto! By the looks of the pics, it seems to be effective.

Just went to the Disney store and picked up a Slinky Dog for $16 and a TSC Jessie for $40. All I need now is the Alien 3 pack.

I kinda went nuts this weekend on toys... specifically with Toy Story 3 so bear with me as there's a ton of photos.

First, I finally found movie accurate Ken & Barbie. These have finally started to show up at TRU in larger quantities. $25 US
KENBARBIE_01.jpg

The costumes aren't exact, as they aren't properly fitted, but.. it's still pretty good. Maybe I can convince mum to alter these doll clothes for me as she's become addicted to the sewing machine as of late hahaha.

Yah... can you imagine? "Hi mum, could you... uh... i have these barbie doll clothes... "
KENBARBIE_11.jpg

"Nice legwarmers."
"Nice ascot."
KENBARBIE_07.jpg

While Ken looks loads better than the generic one, Barbie is still the same ditzy looking blonde. For shame.

Then I got me a SLINKY DOG finally! My friend had this for three years and never opened it and never returned it so she let me take it.
SLINKYDOG_01.jpg

Comes with this certificate:
SLINKYDOG_04.jpg

Yah... something has got to be done with that string!
SLINKYDOG_06.jpg

MUCH better
SLINKYDOG_11.jpg

Now I'm just missing a Mrs. Potato Head and the Andy's TS3 crew will be complete!
SLINKYDOG_12.jpg

"Rex, use your finger!"
KENBARBIE_14.jpg

Ok so now that I own Ken along with Lotso.... that just opens up the flood gates to get more of the Sunnyside crew. I've been saying NO to these guys, even going so far as to saying that the movie wasn't enough to convince me to buy them. But I suppose a completist is a completist.

Twitch was added to the collection, despite the lack of staff.
TWITCH_11.jpg

No, Potato Head doesn't want to feel his muscles
TWITCH_12.jpg

Twitch wasn't enough though. So I got Chunk.
CHUNK_15.jpg

I have to admit... this is pretty cool. I didn't realize he had articulated knees too so that was a plus.
CHUNK_13.jpg

CHUNK_12.jpg

CHUNK_11.jpg

Still missing Sparks.
KENBARBIE_12.jpg

And scene.

TWITCH_13.jpg

I need a bigger display table
TWITCH_14.jpg

^ True, but I'm still happy with Mr P. I just joined the pixar forums and sent a PM to the dude who is offering the custom Mr P eyes, but he hasn't responded yet.

Those are some damn fantastic pictures! Each time I see Chunk I want him even more.
He looks like one of the most screen accurate toys yet. He is definately next on my list, followed by Bullseye, and possibly Sparks as well I also am thinking about getting the 1980's Ken, and possibly some of Bonnies toys, (Peas in Pod, Mr. Pricklepants).

I think Lotso has a tag on the back but I think the placement is different. I don't actually recall since I only have the "art of toy story 3" book and it shows illustrations with where his tag is (closer to center right on his back).

I'm mighty tempted to cut the tags off Jessie and Bullseye.

Slinky Dog, I did my best to cut off the string and using tweezers, I pushed the remaining strands into his face hole (haha).

OH, but you're talking about the one in the center. Man, I was thinking the same thing! You know what? DO IT. He's the cheapest to replace at $12.99 right?

Ya, I'm pretty sure that Lotso just has that one "Lots-o'-Huggin' Bear tag on the right side of his butt. That's the tag I wanna keep, since it has his name on it, and do away with all the other tags.

As for jessie, bullseye, woody, the peas, mr. pricklepants and buttercup, I cut the tags off of all of them. Very carefully of course. Lol.

And Slinky, I did the exact same thing with that ridiculous string between his eyes. And you're right, he is the cheapest out of Andy's toys, so I really don't have much to lose.

Has Bullseye been spotted at Target at all? I've checked TRU the past few weekends but haven't found him yet.

And I've never seen a TSC Rex anywhere. Is he still available at stores?

Back