Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got off the phone with TRU, and they have the TSC Bullseye! Asked if they could hold one for me, and now I'm gonna race down there to get him! :-D :yess:

Both of those Potato Heads are the TSC version, but both have been customized. I posted instructions a few pages back on how to shorten the legs. The eyes on the other photo are custom-made. I ordered some for mine from a guy on another forum, but I haven't received them yet.

The Hamm is the Disney Store version. I would post a link, but their site is down right now. Slinky is just the regular Poof-Slinky version (currently available in TS3 packaging), and Lenny is the 1999 McDonald's version, but I added "pupils" to the eyes.

it's a guy and yes it is custom as well as the mrs. p which is really a mr p with home made parts

thank you! very informative. you guys with your photos are making it real hard for me to resist buying the whole gang. i was planning to just keep it to buzz n woody. so... STOP POSTING PHOTOS!!! :mad::mad:

:lol

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but is anyone besides me keeping the toys new-in-box? By all means, open and play away. Just wondering if I was the only one.

I haven't bought extras at all. But I DID put my 1995 Buzz Lightyear back into the TSC packaging. It's great because there's still an opening so I can press all his buttons to hear his original sounds all while having the rocket ship accurate packaging.

..i mean.. you kind of have to tear open a box just to get the wings on anyway so why bother with a 2nd one?

ALTHOUGH... I'm totally tempted to buy an extra one to rip off his helmet completely, just to have a version more accurate to the movie.

AAAANNNNNND, I'm about to do backflips now because I FINALLY found a movie-accurate KEN & Barbie! At Toys'R'Us. It was behind six generic Kens.

..oh wait. That means I have to get Twitch, Sparks, and Chunk. :slap

Not sure which one I should get next. I got buzz. And i got an old Woody that will pass for a while. I'm thinkin Hamm
Remember, if the TSC is what you're aiming for, they're clearly marked and are more pricey. The Hamm isn't part of it. If just the Toy Story toys in general are what you're about, then by all means Hamm it up. I ordered him on a whim. Happy collecting.

..i mean.. you kind of have to tear open a box just to get the wings on anyway so why bother with a 2nd one?

I'm not following this logic. My MIB TSC Buzz is still MIB (minus the batteries, of course). Nothing on the package was torn at all. Everything looks just as it did on the store shelf. The package that I opened (which is also untorn) has the wings attached.

Can you guys tell me how many (and the names) TSC toys have been released so far? Thanks in advance!

I'm not following this logic. My MIB TSC Buzz is still MIB (minus the batteries, of course). Nothing on the package was torn at all. Everything looks just as it did on the store shelf. The package that I opened (which is also untorn) has the wings attached.

I misspoke. I meant that you have to cut open a mint box to access the wings inside just to recreate the onscreen MIB look. So having a MIB Buzz for the sake of having it was of little use to me personally.

Can you guys tell me how many (and the names) TSC toys have been released so far? Thanks in advance!

Yup! Ten basic Toy Story Characters so far.

1. BUZZ LIGHTYEAR

1b. BUZZ LIGHTYEAR W/ UTILITY BELT

2. WOODY

3. SPACE ALIENS

4. BUCKET O' SOLDIERS (two versions - Make sure the version you have has the Certificate of Authenticity clearly shown on the bucket)

5. RC

6. REX

7. MR. POTATO HEAD

8. LOTS-O'-HUGGIN' BEAR

9. JESSIE

10. BULLSEYE

Then there are a few random toys still available that could potentially be included:

A. SLINKY DOG (standard $12.99-14.99, found at TARGET among other places)

B. HAMM piggy bank (Disney Store $19.50)

C. TWITCH (thinkway - $25-30)

D. CHUNK (thinkway - $25-30)

E. SPARKS (thinkway - $25-30)

F. KEN & BARBIE (film accurate Ken variant - mattel - $25)

G. ETCH-A-SKETCH (standard)

H. CHATTER PHONE (fisher price $12.99 at TARGET)

I. TREASURE TROLL (pink hair, bikini - ?)[/QUOTE]

Has anyone in the UK sighted Hamm at a Disney Store yet? I'm thinking of getting him next but my local store doesn't have him and he's more expensive on eBay etc.

It's funny to see how the Toy Story Collection has changed Toy Story merchandising. The iconic (yet inaccurate) Buzz Lightyears, Woodys and Jessies that have been in circulation since 1995 have been replaced on the shelves with slightly modified TSC versions, while characters introduced in the TSC line (like Rex and the in-scale RC) have started to become more common.

It seems as though the lucky kids of today are getting the toys that we wanted back in 1995!

Not sure which one I should get next. I got buzz. And i got an old Woody that will pass for a while. I'm thinkin Hamm
Get Woody. One of the 1st things I did when I got it home was compare him to the old one. It's like night and day. My favourite piece in my collection is Woody.

:lol, nothing bro just sound like something Sid would do.

More like something Al would do, I'll just throw them in a garbage back and put them in the attic:duff

Well, I hope you guys are happy! I finally bit the bullet after oogling everyone's collections for a few months. Still on the lookout for a Bullseye, and a more movie accurate Mr./Mrs. Potato Head.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/steampirate/4754273204/

I know what you mean, I just wanted Buzz and Woody but after all these freaks posting pictures I might even pick up Jessie

Get Woody. One of the 1st things I did when I got it home was compare him to the old one. It's like night and day. My favourite piece in my collection is Woody.

:exactly:

My wife is going to stop by the disney store for lunch today, hope they still got some TSC Rex instock

Hey guys. After months of deciding, I finally ordered Woody and Buzz off of Toysrus.com... biggest mistake ever!

I come home to day to find out that my package came. I was super excited! I then open up Buzz to find out that his wing is broken. I now need to send him back for a refund at TRU or by mail. THEN, after opening Woody I find out that half of the box is in Spanish. I don't really mind about that but the Certificate of Authenticity is in both English and Spanish! I don't know if I should exchange it either.

What should I do guys? Should I return Woody as well to get mine in English?

Hey guys. After months of deciding, I finally ordered Woody and Buzz off of Toysrus.com... biggest mistake ever!

I come home to day to find out that my package came. I was super excited! I then open up Buzz to find out that his wing is broken. I now need to send him back for a refund at TRU or by mail. THEN, after opening Woody I find out that half of the box is in Spanish. I don't really mind about that but the Certificate of Authenticity is in both English and Spanish! I don't know if I should exchange it either.

What should I do guys? Should I return Woody as well to get mine in English?

Can't you return it to your local TRU? Or just buy another one and return the defected one and let them take care of it? I'm sure if you explain they would understand.

On another note my wife was able to pick me up both TSC Rex and Mr Potato Head at the Disney Store for $48 each. We will go back tomorrow hopefully they have Slinky and Jessie. Then I think I'm done... wait I still need the Alien 3 pack

Congrats on getting Bullseye finallly, Captain EO. I know how much you wanted it.

I added movie accurate Ken and Barbie to my collection and also bit the bullet and bought Chunk.

Tomorrow a friend of mine is giving me Slinky Dog that she never opened and never ended up returning.

Back