Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fabulous.jpg

Laughing hard! :yess::rotfl

The Mr. Potato Head from Toy Story 2 is the same one that imranbecks posted at the top of page 100, not very screen accurate.

This is the inaccurate set-up that the box displays him in (I was so quick putting him together and taking a picture that his tilted hat makes him look a little drunk!!!):
picture.php

Whereas this is the set-up I have him in, and I think it's accurate enough for me to ignore the TSC version:
picture.php

I would suggest waiting for the new Mr. Potato Head that Hasbro is releasing in the fall. It is suppose to be film accurate.

Is this screen accurate Potato Head confirmed by Hasbro? And is it a non-electronic TSC version or a regular Potato Head set?

Last edited:
Quick question guys. A while back when I bought the bucket o soldiers I opened a couple to look for the cert of authenticity and it wasn't there. I know these were the collector’s edition because they had the collector’s edition price. Anyways there’s been a couple places Target and Toys R US that have been missing the cert as well. I ended up finally getting one with it but I was just wondering if others have had this problem?

This is the inaccurate set-up that the box displays him in:

Whereas this is the set-up I have him in, and I think it's accurate enough for me to ignore the TSC version:

Is this screen accurate Potato Head confirmed by Hasbro? And is it a non-electronic TSC version or a regular Potato Head set?

You can't post photos from your computer using IMG tags. You either need to upload them as attachments to your post here, or upload them to a photo site, and then link to those with IMG.

It's a regular Potato Head set and has been confirmed by Hasbro.

TOY STORY 3 MR. AND MRS. POTATO HEAD
(Ages 2 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $9.99/Available: Fall 10)
Mr. and Mrs. are ready for adventure with the rest of the Toy Story 3 gang! These classic POTATO HEAD characters look just like they do in the movie, from hats down to shoes. Available at most major toy retailers nationwide and on HasbroToyShop.com.

Ya. It's not bad to be OCD. Especially with these toys. I mean. If we're gonna be dropping $50 or more on these toys. They should be flawless. Anyway. You really should get Lotso! I was a skeptic when he first popped up, but slowly he started growing on me. Up until I bought him. And I must say that he is by far my favorite from the collection. :)

Yeah the OCD helps with action figures:lol I just got buzz and I didnt realize this until i got home. But there is a scratch in the paint right where his name tag on his chest is. Reallly noticable. NOw I gotta take him back:gah:

^ there's 2 versions of the TSC bucket o soldiers? What are the difference?

Quick question guys. A while back when I bought the bucket o soldiers I opened a couple to look for the cert of authenticity and it wasn't there. I know these were the collector’s edition because they had the collector’s edition price. Anyways there’s been a couple places Target and Toys R US that have been missing the cert as well. I ended up finally getting one with it but I was just wondering if others have had this problem?

As mentioned in my list, there are TWO versions of the Bucket O Soldiers. The first one is completely inaccurate. You get the same number of soldiers but they're not made using Pixar data.

The good thing is, none of the first version are available anymore from what I can tell. The second bucket is the accurate version WITH certificate of authenticity and it's marked clearly on the bucket.

Make sure your bucket looks like this:
01-30.jpg

Old soldier
21.jpg

New soldier
36.jpg

It's a regular Potato Head set and has been confirmed by Hasbro.

TOY STORY 3 MR. AND MRS. POTATO HEAD
(Ages 2 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $9.99/Available: Fall 10)
Mr. and Mrs. are ready for adventure with the rest of the Toy Story 3 gang! These classic POTATO HEAD characters look just like they do in the movie, from hats down to shoes. Available at most major toy retailers nationwide and on HasbroToyShop.com.

But I don't see them making the eye's separate due to it being to small that childrens could swallow same as the TSC one. But for $10 I still would get it.

As mentioned in my list, there are TWO versions of the Bucket O Soldiers. The first one is completely inaccurate. You get the same number of soldiers but they're not made using Pixar data.

The good thing is, none of the first version are available anymore from what I can tell. The second bucket is the accurate version WITH certificate of authenticity and it's marked clearly on the bucket.

Make sure your bucket looks like this:
01-30.jpg

Old soldier
21.jpg

New soldier
36.jpg

How does the old bucket look? I just got mines this past week. But never had time opening it yet.

But I don't see them making the eye's separate due to it being to small that childrens could swallow same as the TSC one. But for $10 I still would get it.

How does the old bucket look? I just got mines this past week. But never had time opening it yet.

I am fine with the eyes not being separate, just as long as it has a compartment for his spare pieces and looks just as good or better then the TSC version.

The old bucket only shows 3 soldiers on the side and no certificate.

Yeah the OCD helps with action figures:lol I just got buzz and I didnt realize this until i got home. But there is a scratch in the paint right where his name tag on his chest is. Reallly noticable. NOw I gotta take him back:gah:

:( :monkey2 ouch! My buzz has scratches all over his helmet. That's the only defect all of my toys have. Except for Lotso. :gah: but I've read on this forum that I could use a special polish for it. which I might do. :dunno Lol.
I also wanna get some of that strawberry air freshener to spray my Lotso with to keep his strawberry scent. :clap

I am fine with the eyes not being separate, just as long as it has a compartment for his spare pieces and looks just as good or better then the TSC version.

The old bucket only shows 3 soldiers on the side and no certificate.

my bucket shows 3 soldiers on the side and no certificate. So I must have the old bucket. Is everyone sure what's inside the buckets is different or is it just a change in the labeling?

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but is anyone besides me keeping the toys new-in-box? By all means, open and play away. Just wondering if I was the only one.

For TSC toys, I buy one to display, and one to give "the prospector treatment" ;). For other toys, I carefully remove them from their packaging, and keep them in "for display only" condition.
For display. :) "He's for display only. Ya handle him too much, he's not gonna last."

Don't have any display for my TSC yet. So right now I'm just removing the batteries and packing them back in the box and put them in the attic.

Back