Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally doubt Buttercup is as big as Bullseye. That doesn't even sound right!

Assuming from this video Buttercup looks around the same size as Mr. Pricklepants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9z2zwdwWo8

in the beginning of that video, pricklepants is on top of the table and Buttercup is standing on his back legs which are on the chair so even though they appear at similar heights, buttercup is standing on the chair so he is taller. I just saw the movie earlier today and at the end of the movie there is a scene where bullseye and buttercup are next to each other and bullseye is certainly taller but buttercup is not that much smaller. Certainly not as small as the Disney Store plush/beanie baby buttercup is as compared to the TSC Bullseye.

Are they all still available?

I would imagine stores would have got another shipment in time for the movie's release last week so you shouldn't have trouble finding one. Characters like RC and Rex will be hard to find now.

in the beginning of that video, pricklepants is on top of the table and Buttercup is standing on his back legs which are on the chair so even though they appear at similar heights, buttercup is standing on the chair so he is taller. I just saw the movie earlier today and at the end of the movie there is a scene where bullseye and buttercup are next to each other and bullseye is certainly taller but buttercup is not that much smaller. Certainly not as small as the Disney Store plush/beanie baby buttercup is as compared to the TSC Bullseye.

I still really don't think they have similar heights. Bullseye is almost as tall as Woody and Buttercup reaches Woody's hip. I guess I have to rewatch the movie a 3rd...not that I'm complaining about that!

I finally got around to shortening the legs on my Spud. I'm pretty pleased with the results:

potato-head-mod.jpg

WooHoo!!! I just got back from K-mart where I was given a choice of Bullseye or Lotso. Seeing Lotso was more expensive, and then it wouldn't take so long for me to save up for Bullseye, I ended up with the pink bear.

I definately think he has been misjudged, he looks very accurate to me, and Mrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmm, Strawberrys!!!

Also for anyone in Australia you can get Bullseye at K-mart for $49 and Lotso at K-mart for $59, Lotso is also at Big W but he's $90 there.

Well , I'm back after a long hiatus .
After long thinking , I guess that for all the TSC fans out there ( including me ) have to be mentally prepared about Stinky Pete .
Remember guys , Stinky Pete has a Pick Axe . With child safety regulations out there , if Stinky Pete were to be made , be prepared to find a Stinky Pete without his Pick Axe . Toy makers wouldn't want to risk having a sharp hazard like a mini pick axe hurting young children and facing complains . So yeah , just my 2 cents worth of thought . What do you guys think ?

I finally got around to shortening the legs on my Spud. I'm pretty pleased with the results:

potato-head-mod.jpg

How did you manage to shorten spudhead's legs . Sorry if you had posted step by step intructions at previous posts . Was not active in this thread for a LONG time . Anyways , do you plan to separate his eyes too ?

Well my hunt today was dissapointing.:(
Target was out of Buzz but they did have a Lotso....that was tempting.
Walmart had absolutely nothing.
Finally at K-mart I walk in and right in the front is Buzz but he was 60 bucks.
I'm gonna get him for target online. 49.99 and Free shipping!

How did you manage to shorten spudhead's legs . Sorry if you had posted step by step intructions at previous posts . Was not active in this thread for a LONG time . Anyways , do you plan to separate his eyes too ?

Here is what I did to shorten his legs (it does require some power/hand tools). It sounds more complicated than it really was. There was only one really challenging part, noted below. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of the process, so all I can do is describe it.
  1. Pick up the following items from a local hardware or home improvement store:
    • Two 1/4 inch diameter nylon spacers
    • Two #6 brass washers (they usually come in plastic bags with a quantity of 12 or so)
    • Two #4 x 1/2 pan head sheet metal screws (these also usually come in larger quantities)
  2. Using a small Phillips head screwdriver, remove the five screws that attach the front and back halves of the outer shell (one screw is hidden under the battery compartment lid, so you have to remove that first).
  3. CAREFULLY separate the two halves, laying the back portion to one side.
  4. Unscrew the leg assembly from the main body piece using the same screwdriver from step 1. You can now set the body aside.
  5. (this is the hard part) Unscrew and remove the soles of the shoes. If you don't have a security (triangle head) screwdriver, sometimes a flat one will work, but you will probably have to make one, staring with something like a small Allen wrench (hex key), and either grind or file its sides until it matches the triangle shape of the screws.
  6. Unscrew and separate the shoes from the legs, paying attention to which side of the leg piece faces the front.
  7. Using a hack saw or other means, cut off about 5/8 inch from the bottom of each leg (measurements not including the notched section at the base of each leg).
  8. Using a rasp or file, smooth and level the cuts. You want the new edge surfaces to be exactly even with each other, and exactly the same size. You will also want to make sure that the cuts are slightly beveled such that the legs will lean toward what will be the front of the body. Mr Potato Head has a tendency to be rear-heavy due to the batteries, so you want to compensate for that.
  9. Place the shoes against the new leg bottoms, and mark the position of the screw hole on each leg with a mechanical pencil.
  10. Drill a small hole (about 1/16th diameter) in each leg at the pencil marks.
  11. Grind or file the ends of the nylon spacers until they are the same height as the small notched recesses in the shoes (where the narrower part that has now been cut off of the legs used to go). The spacers will be used to reinforce the screws when reattaching everything.
  12. Using one of the new screws and a brass washer, thread the screw through the washer, into the hole in the shoe, and place a spacer over the screw inside the recess. Screw into the pilot hole you drilled previously, and tighten, but DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN. Repeat for the other shoe.
  13. Reattach the leg assembly to the body, and then reattach the two body halves.
You now have a Spud with proper length legs!

Well , I'm back after a long hiatus .
After long thinking , I guess that for all the TSC fans out there ( including me ) have to be mentally prepared about Stinky Pete .
Remember guys , Stinky Pete has a Pick Axe . With child safety regulations out there , if Stinky Pete were to be made , be prepared to find a Stinky Pete without his Pick Axe . Toy makers wouldn't want to risk having a sharp hazard like a mini pick axe hurting young children and facing complains . So yeah , just my 2 cents worth of thought . What do you guys think ?

I don't think that that would be the problem with the pick axe being included. More than anything, it would have to pass the choke test, like Potato Head's pieces, hence why he has joined eyes. A few years back I had Action Man and Max Steel 12" action figures, and one of them came with a rock climbing pick axe of sorts, about the same shape and size as Stinky Pete's, so it had to have made it past the safety inspections. I don't think they would make it that sharp, it would probably be a dull edge, and with it being made of a slightly softer plastic, it shouldn't be a problem in my opinion.

Wow, Robodad that's awesome. I'm so lame when it comes to handy work so I don't know if I'd be able to pull this off.

p.s. Anyone who has Buttercup plush can you snap a picture of Buzz Lightyear riding him?

I just picked up a Bucket o' Soldiers at target. Never knew I would spend that much for army mens :lol. BTW, is TSC Rex and Mr Potato Head hard to find right now? And were the retail always $10 more than Buzz and Woody? I saw both Rex and Mr Potato Head @ disney store last week but the cost was $60 each. I hope TRU and target puts the toy story figures for sale again. I thought Buzz and Woody would be enough.

Wow, Robodad that's awesome. I'm so lame when it comes to handy work so I don't know if I'd be able to pull this off.

Exactly ! I've never been what you would call a handy man . :dunno
But still , I think I would try modifying potato head . Who know's , poor spudhead might end up being crippled . :horror

I don't think that that would be the problem with the pick axe being included. More than anything, it would have to pass the choke test, like Potato Head's pieces, hence why he has joined eyes. A few years back I had Action Man and Max Steel 12" action figures, and one of them came with a rock climbing pick axe of sorts, about the same shape and size as Stinky Pete's, so it had to have made it past the safety inspections. I don't think they would make it that sharp, it would probably be a dull edge, and with it being made of a slightly softer plastic, it shouldn't be a problem in my opinion.

Hmm , yeah you might be right . So let's hope for the best that old stinky pete get's released , along with Zurg and Hamm . I know everyone have been waiting for them for AGES !

I need some help here guys . See , my Buzz has this slightly damaged left wing . If you look at the back wing area , there's this circle looking object attached to the wing to rotate the wing when you activate the red button . ( I hope I'm not making you guys confused so far )
Apparently , there's a spring/coil inside that circle looking object to spring out the wing . Well , for my Buzz's case , the coil/spring got loosed or something , and now , that wing hangs slightly loosed and slanted down .
When you compare both wings from the back , you can see that the left wing is bent lower . Any ideas how I can tighten the spring/coil inside ?

Back