Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heres my grades,

Buzz: A+
Considering how much better he's become my marks a definate.
I only have a few complaints. 1. One day when the tech is invented, helmet that goes fully back. 2. Accurate facial expression. 3. JUST the movie phrases. 4. more wrist movment.

Woody: A-
I've always wanted an accurate Woodster. I'm glad he's lost wieght since 1995.basicly he needs the same things as Buzz, but seperate fingers, smaller wring, sown on vest, old fashioned string system, i can't wait untill the day an accurate woody is made. I'd pay a lot.:pray:

RC: A
I have no problems about RC, just I don't really like that he keeps runnig away from me.

Bucket-O-soldiers: A
I've had a lot of fun with this. but still the real bucket had like 200. I also noticed that they misssed a few soldier poses. but mostly i'm a bit peeved about no Sarge, i mean he's an awesome character. Still, great toy.

Rex: B+
I like rex, i managed to get him on a sale, and save $30. but i personally think the voice is a bit unnecessary. i wish his jaw moved and that voice was gone and it can take it's sound holes with it!

Aliens: C+
they're good models.

Lotso:
I'm not going to mark things that I don't have, but from what I've seen of him, he looks great! Defenately a must get for me! and if anyone is thinking about the to much technology issue, why don't you just take it all out then ad extra stuffing to fill up the space, and then stitch him up?

Jessie:
from what I've seen i won't get her. IMHO i think she looks a bit scary.

I would also recommend getting the Thinkway Chunk and Sparks. they look very accurate, i'm not so sure if sparks does that thing, where he gets taller, but Chunk does everything he's ment to. I'll just wait untill Twitch gets a staff.

Bucket-O-soldiers: A
I've had a lot of fun with this. but still the real bucket had like 200. I also noticed that they misssed a few soldier poses. but mostly i'm a bit peeved about no Sarge, i mean he's an awesome character. Still, great toy.

No Sarge?? Maybe you got the wrong bucket.

04.jpg

Hey guys! A few post back I mentioned Toysrus where planning on having a huge display for Toy Story!

My wife managed to take a couple of pictures!!

030620101037.jpg

And here is me with my daughter getting caught up in all the thinkway toy collection!!!!

030620101038.jpg

Managed to pick up a Jessie Doll for my daughter! lol

Bri:thud:

I finally found the Toy Story Collection Jessie at Toys R Us today so they are finally making it to the stores.

I actually did get one of those Buckets. (It's the only one being sold in Australia....) But you don't get any Sarge or a Medic. You just get 7 wanna-be's.

Make sure your bucket comes with a Certificate of Authenticity (it's clearly marked on the package). That is the version to get.

Yeah, I got that bucket. I like having the certificates, and it was the only type there. Anyhoo before I got it I looked around to spot the differances. I got the best one.

Is anyone going to get a Toroto? I've just seen a very accurate looking one.
https://www.otaku.com/itemview.asp?itemid=66825l

It's always nice to have plush toys around, that's why I'm getting Lotso next.

You mean Totoro... those have been available for awhile now and I already have a few of those (smaller versions). I think I'll focus on getting stuff that is specifically Toy Story first.

As toys... ALL of them get solid A's. But as Toy Story Collection toys, I'm going to have to be a little more critical. Here are my reviews.

25-1.jpg

Buzz Lightyear - A
Yup, we talked about the A- earlier but I recall thinking the original Buzz was an A- toy. This has been improved INCREDIBLY. From extra articulation, to better likeness, to pop-up wings AND LIGHTS, to having Tim Allen's voice (even if it is updated). And for the packaging to be similar to the movie, even with the wings to attach, this really was a knock out winner from the start. And for $50.. to get all that articulation, likeness, packaging... it was awesome. This is the "toy story collection" that I compared everything else to.

That's pretty much all I have to say. Buzz Lightyear spoiled me rotten. He showed us that you can get a lot of bang out of your toy for $50. Each release after in that range was never as good or accurate as Buzz.

nice pics and review, coheteboy. i'm planning to pick up buzz, woody and the aliens. but for some reason, they're so ridiculously overpriced in my country. am shocked to hear buzz costs only 50bucks in the us. here, he costs about $100!

:mad:

Just got my Son the Buzz at Kmart...$40 bucks not bad....
Better then the 60 bucks we paid for the damn Animated Mr. Potato Head at the Disney store.

Hey guys, been reading this for a while, thought I might get involved!
Over here at the UK, stuffs been a little harder to get hold of - I missed out wave 1 Rex because I couldnt find him anywhere. However, on the TRU UK site, they've got every single one of the new TSC toys up, Lotso, Bullseye, Jessie, everything. Theyve even got a twin pack of TS3 Barbie and Ken for a bargain of £20 - right here - https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Toys/Dolls/Fashion-Dolls-and-Accessories/Toys-Story-3-Barbie-and-Ken-Giftset(0058750).
Can anyone quickly confirm, is there a tested and working solution to removing the marks on Buzz's helmet? Thanks

EDIT: TRU UK dont have utility belt buzz. bummer.

Last edited:
Can anyone quickly confirm, is there a tested and working solution to removing the marks on Buzz's helmet? Thanks

Absolutely. You need the Novus Polish Kit.

I used this on my Buzz that had several scuffs and even a few significant scratches, and it brought the helmet back to a glass-like shine. It does take some work, but it's worth it.

[Edit]

Here is a link to an auction for a larger bottle set on ebay.co.uk. It is more than you will probably ever need, but at least it is closer to home for you.

Last edited:
Wow, thanks a lot - I, like everyone, really found the helmet marks annoying. I wonder if the same problem has affected Utility Belt Buzz.

Back