Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, there is a Thinkway Chunk, and there is also a Sparks and Twitch. They aren't from the Toy Story Collection line, but they are in scale and fairly accurate to their movie counterparts as far as we've seen.

I have it on good authority that Twitch, Sparks and Chunk are in correct scale and Thinkway will not make Toy Story Collection versions of these characters.

Also, the Thinkway TSC Lotso is much larger than the other Lotso shown on their site. If you are waiting for that one, be prepared to have a smaller Lotso in your collection.

Cheers!

So what you're saying is get them now while you still can? I'll be bummed if the TSC versions come out later.

Just bought Woody! He is awesome :lol Worth every penny.

Thing is though, i'm not wanting to put him in the stand you get with him, as i've heard it leaves indentations in his neck. Big no-no for me, that! Has anyone any suggestions on how I can display him? Thanks in advance.

Thing is though, i'm not wanting to put him in the stand you get with him, as i've heard it leaves indentations in his neck. Big no-no for me, that! Has anyone any suggestions on how I can display him? Thanks in advance.

i leave woody in the stand and he does get dents but come right off when i take him off.

trust me it took me months to finally realize and trust that stand

I've seen some people on other forums use a more traditional doll stand that holds him around his waist and that seems to work well. That's what I'll be using when I finally get him.

Cheers guys,

so does the stand you get with him definitely not permanently damage him?

I still haven't had him displayed stood up yet :lol

I've been using the display base and it isn't my preferred method but i haven't noticed any damage yet. Constantly removing him, snapping him back in, removing in, so-on, so-forth... that would lead to damage.

But you know... it is a toy and for $50, a darn great price for a movie replica (maybe not if you're in the UK).

And at the same time, I'm still holding out for an eventual film accurate Woody doll... you know, one without the open-mouth smile. I want Woody to look exactly how he'd look if he was playing "dead".

Yeah same here actually. Someone really has to make one with the right face.

I've been using the display base and it isn't my preferred method but i haven't noticed any damage yet. Constantly removing him, snapping him back in, removing in, so-on, so-forth... that would lead to damage.
Yeah, that's what I presumed. Cheers for the help.
But you know... it is a toy and for $50, a darn great price for a movie replica (maybe not if you're in the UK).
Yeah, it's a brilliant piece for a brilliant price. £40 I paid for it, worth every penny.
And at the same time, I'm still holding out for an eventual film accurate Woody doll... you know, one without the open-mouth smile. I want Woody to look exactly how he'd look if he was playing "dead".
This is the disney Pixar definitive collection Woody:

13635187x.jpg

Who made that one, Platty? Is it even sold? That looks great but still doesn't look exactly like he should either. He should have more of a slight smile.

Some info on it here, mate.

https://www.play.com/Toys/Toys/4-/1...ody-Definitve-Collectors-Edition/Product.html

I'm not too sure if it's an early image of the Woody we already have or a new product. Who knows!?

Hi folks,

That's a photo of the prototype Toy Story Collection Woody before he was reviewed and commented on by Disney/PIXAR. PIXAR then provided Thinkway with the facial expression they wanted the final product to have. There are other issues with that particular Woody. Notice that his hat brim thread is going the wrong direction. He is also too skinny and his vest is too small. In the link, they mention a Child Size Bonus Sheriff Badge but that badge was removed early in the approval process.

Cheers!

The eyes are definitely wrong on that one too, but it's still disappointing Pixar wouldn't approve one with the correct smile.

Hi folks,

That's a photo of the prototype Toy Story Collection Woody before he was reviewed and commented on by Disney/PIXAR. PIXAR then provided Thinkway with the facial expression they wanted the final product to have. There are other issues with that particular Woody. Notice that his hat brim thread is going the wrong direction. He is also too skinny and his vest is too small. In the link, they mention a Child Size Bonus Sheriff Badge but that badge was removed early in the approval process.

Cheers!

Thanks for the input. I think what's authentic will eventually come to pass. Once they release these dolls for as far as they can go, they will always need to do something they haven't done to attract new generations of toy fans and also to capture the attention of those who have already bought the earlier ones.

I finally found me a LOTSO at a Target Greatlands in Southern California. $49.99.

A buddy in San Diego found Lotso AND jessie at his Toys'R'Us, each $49.99.

But it's on amazon.com that I found they're selling Lotso, Jessie, and Bullseye for $39.95 each! None of them are currently in stock, but that didn't stop me from ordering! (free shipping don't hurt either).

Here's pics of my LOTSO.
IMG_5457.jpg

I'm actually a bit disappointed. He's not as big as he should be and he's non-poseable. Which means I can't stand him up next to Buzz.
IMG_5469.jpg

IMG_5465.jpg

As a toy, he's cool. But $50 cool? Hard to say. Use your judgement on this one.

Lotso is still a must get for me, and anyway maybe if you used some sort of large doll stand, you could stand him up. But still out of wave 2, I'll get which ever I see first!

Oh, and also, does Lotso really have velcro hands, and does he close his eyes when you put him down?

Last edited:
Back