Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got Potato Head a few hours ago. Pics coming later. Going to see about taking the legs off of him tomorrow.

I saw someone on here who removed Buzzs helmet. Can i get a step by step on how to do this?

I finally got Mr P opened up, all thats left is to shorten the legs. think Im going to use a dremmel to remove them, but Im not sure how much I should cut... I want to try and make sure the electronics stay intact.

For now, this is what he looks like.
sitonit.jpg

The more pics I see of Potato Head, the more I like him. I havnt been able to find him in stores since I seen him when I was on vacation. Wish I had bought him then. :lol

Got my replacement Woody today. I sent my last one back because the eye paint was sloppy. Wow, the eye paint is perfect now! Better than any of the ones Ive seen in person. The collar isn't stitched as nicely (as in sharply), but that's a trade off I can live with. Its also missing some paint on the hair line, but maybe I can fix this later...

They also sent me a new hat for some reason, which is nice.

I notice the vest is sewn down in the front near the bottom, did it always used to be like that? Because my old one didn't seem to have anything except 2 on the shoulders. How do they expect me to pull out his voice box to switch modes without pulling these 2 stitching's out anyway?

Heres my collection as it stands now (this isnt their permanent location, as I no longer have room to display them all in one spot).
collection.jpg

I used a piece of wire from Mr. potatohead's packaging to fashion a a holder that goes under his arms. Im not using the neck damaging holder anymore.

Heres close up of my new Woody's eyes.
eyepaintdoneright.jpg

Last edited:
Got my replacement Woody today. I sent my last one back because the eye paint was sloppy. Wow, the eye paint is perfect now! Better than any of the ones Ive seen in person. The collar isn't stitched as nicely (as in sharply), but that's a trade off I can live with. Its also missing some paint on the hair line, but maybe I can fix this later...

They also sent me a new hat for some reason, which is nice.

I notice the vest is sewn down in the front near the bottom, did it always used to be like that? Because my old one didn't seem to have anything except 2 on the shoulders. How do they expect me to pull out his voice box to switch modes without pulling these 2 stitching's out anyway?

Heres my collection as it stands now (this isnt their permanent location, as I no longer have room to display them all in one spot).
collection.jpg

I used a piece of wire from Mr. potatohead's packaging to fashion a a holder that goes under his arms. Im not using the neck damaging holder anymore.

Heres close up of my new Woody's eyes.
eyepaintdoneright.jpg

NICE PICS! Love these toys. So far I have the Woody, Buzz and bought the RC at Target during the after the holidays clearance for $30!

Might need a Jesse but space is limited as they already take up my computer desk shelf and I have McFarlane's Shrek and Donkey up there.

:(

I scoured all of my local stores, and the only things I could find were TSC Utility Belt Buzz, the new single-pack Aliens, a bunch of new smaller figures in TS3 packaging, and new versions of non-TSC movie-size Buzz and Woody in TS3 packaging. Both of these have new features not available on any of the other Thinkway versions. Buzz features new music, several new sayings, and lights on his rocket pack jets. Woody features new music, new sayings, and a sensor in his head that triggers specific sayings when you put on or take off his hat. There is also a movie-size Jessie in TS3 packaging, but she appears to be identical to the version that has been out for a few months.

a bit of a spoiler but i attended the college screening of TS3 the other day and what I loved the most about it was that these toy story collection toys are very accurate! For example, there's this one scene where they take off buzz's wings to reset him and he has a play and demo mode! also when the kids harrass the toys when playing with them rex's tail comes off as well! made me love my high tech toy story collection toys a bit more after watching :)

Hey guys, I haven't posted in awhile and didn't know there was a Toy Story discussion. I got Hamm this weekend and thought I'd share some pics.

IMG_4115.jpg

IMG_4128.jpg

IMG_4142.jpg

IMG_4152.jpg

IMG_4150.jpg

I personally love it. It's a great likeness, great scale, and exactly what it should be: a piggy bank.

Back