Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back on topic, I recently bought the Toy Story Collection Woody, and I’m impressed. The face is pretty good, although it’s the mouth an eyebrows that give it away.
m9nh95.png

The attention to detail was amazing (the paint detail on the hair still amazes me), however, for this to be 100% screen accurate, a couple changes are due. Penguinking97 lists some valid points.

Must admit, I was pretty gutted he did not come with that vacant expression.

Longing for a V2 like Buzz perhaps?

I wish. I've wanted that vacant, almost creepy, but perfectly accurate expression since I was a little kid. I'd pay extra for the movie's facial expression.

I've got the old Woody from about 10 years ago maybe more that came with the Guitar, Was good at the time but this new version looks so much better, Off to Toys 'R' Us tomorrow, Hope they,ve got him :)

Hey guys .
Just bought buzz a few days back , realised that he was all scratched up . I was really disappointed . I decided to take matters in to my own hands and emailed Thinkway about the lack of quality control of the toy , Hopefully they would replace my buzz to a mint conditioned one .

Buzz's box also happened to be all battered up and stuffs , that sucks big time..

Thinkway is great about that kind of stuff. I kindly told them about a faulty clamp for the Woody stand, and without hesitating, they sent me TWO brand new ones, without even making me send in the old one. In your case, you might have to send Buzz back, but Thinkway cares about their customers.

Thinkway is great about that kind of stuff. I kindly told them about a faulty clamp for the Woody stand, and without hesitating, they sent me TWO brand new ones, without even making me send in the old one. In your case, you might have to send Buzz back, but Thinkway cares about their customers.

Awesome . This really shows that thinkway cares for customer satisfaction . What kind of procedures did you have to do before they sent over the new stuffs to you ?

If Thinkway are so great with customer care, perhaps we should all message them asking for a V2 Woody with that expression?

They are doing another Buzz afterall.

I hope they ship to other regions too .
Because i reside in Singapore , somewhere in Asia .

Otherwise , I will have to stick with this scratched filled Buzz :(

My batterypack cover for Buzz got messed up by my own mistake. I mailed them and they send me a replacement, while only charging for the shipping costs. My email got answered within a day.

Thinkway has awesome customer service as far as I know.

Awesome . This really shows that thinkway cares for customer satisfaction . What kind of procedures did you have to do before they sent over the new stuffs to you ?

I gave them my address... and that was it! Of course, this was a factory mistake, so I wouldn't expect any freebies if you break anything. Since they seem to have an abundance of spare parts, I'm guessing you could probably buy them or trade them in as well. I'm going to ask them about Woody's face, and possibly his hat...

Hi folks,

I'm new here and thought I'd make my first official post with a bit of inside info...

The reason there are two holes in Woody and Jessie's hats are for safety. If a child puts it against their mouth, they can't create a suction and suffocate.

Although the toys are for collectors, they are also for little kids.

I gave them my address... and that was it! Of course, this was a factory mistake, so I wouldn't expect any freebies if you break anything. Since they seem to have an abundance of spare parts, I'm guessing you could probably buy them or trade them in as well. I'm going to ask them about Woody's face, and possibly his hat...

Now i'm wondering if they will ship to other regions like asia , as i'm situated in Singapore .

Thinkway has already replied to my mail , and they asked me to take pictures of my Buzz with the problems , the packaging and the sales reciept . The problem is , my Buzz has many bad paint jobs , scratches on the helmet and body , stickers peeling and stuffs .. etc .

But my camera just can't seem to capture those small details , and being a collector , i wouldn't want a scratchy collectible toy . It's all these small minor details that spoil the whole collectible situation . And i didn't do anything to Buzz when i un-boxed him , so all the scratches and paint jobs etc , were probably during factory production .

What do i do ?? :banghead

Hi folks,

I'm new here and thought I'd make my first official post with a bit of inside info...

The reason there are two holes in Woody and Jessie's hats are for safety. If a child puts it against their mouth, they can't create a suction and suffocate.

Although the toys are for collectors, they are also for little kids.

Wow . How did you find out about this ? This is most probably true , as it really makes sense to me , and toy companies probably don't want to risk their products killing small kids .

Now i'm wondering if they will ship to other regions like asia , as i'm situated in Singapore .

Thinkway has already replied to my mail , and they asked me to take pictures of my Buzz with the problems , the packaging and the sales reciept . The problem is , my Buzz has many bad paint jobs , scratches on the helmet and body , stickers peeling and stuffs .. etc .

But my camera just can't seem to capture those small details , and being a collector , i wouldn't want a scratchy collectible toy . It's all these small minor details that spoil the whole collectible situation . And i didn't do anything to Buzz when i un-boxed him , so all the scratches and paint jobs etc , were probably during factory production .

What do i do ?? :banghead

What kind of camera do you have? if you really try you shoud be able to capture it. use the camera's macro mode, dont use flash, (use other lights and a long shutter to compensate). you can also use manual focus if macro doesnt seem to work for you.

What kind of camera do you have? if you really try you shoud be able to capture it. use the camera's macro mode, dont use flash, (use other lights and a long shutter to compensate). you can also use manual focus if macro doesnt seem to work for you.

Well , i managed to figure out how to take the pictures , ( finally ! )
HAHA .

Now i'm wondering if Thinkway will bother to accept the pictures , or just tell me to accept the minor problems . :google

Cause to casual people who just buy the toys for playing , they just don't really care bout' the scratches . But for collectors like us , this minor details really mean alot , you guys should know how i feel about this , right ? Scratches can literally ruin the conditions of the toy :mad:

when i bought my woody i was very happy with the hat and the quality stitching (as he was the last one in the shop) he came with a few scratches of paint on he's head and paint missing on hes boot's, badge, belt and holster. also one of the arm holes on he's vest has sort of 'caved in', but one of the gold stitches on he's right leg came out so now he has got two gold strings hanging out of he's leg!

when i bought my woody i was very happy with the hat and the quality stitching (as he was the last one in the shop) he came with a few scratches of paint on he's head and paint missing on hes boot's, badge, belt and holster. also one of the arm holes on he's vest has sort of 'caved in', but one of the gold stitches on he's right leg came out so now he has got two gold strings hanging out of he's leg!

Are you planning to do anything bout' this ?

Wow . How did you find out about this ? This is most probably true , as it really makes sense to me , and toy companies probably don't want to risk their products killing small kids .

I worked for Disney for 14 years designing product so I know the business. Safety is always a big deal.

Safety also explains why Mr Potato Head's eyes are attached as one part. If they weren't, it would be a choking hazard.

Cheers

Back