Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How major of a problem do you think it is f my Buzzs helmet cannot lock into place? Because the one I got from thinkway has a broken helmet lock thing. Do you think that maybe after I get everything else, I get another buzz? (then I will have 3 TSC Buzzs, however lol).

You have to be the unluckiest person alive - your second buzz is broken! :mad:

But yeah, try sending it back (again) to thinkway. If not, perhaps look into buying utility belt buzz. If you think it's a relatively simple problem that can be easily overlooked, keep the Buzz, because it may not be worth the hassle of sending it back again...

Don't sue thinkway though... otherwise we'll NEVER get wave 3.

https://www.disneystore.com/toys-pr...tyear-action-figure-set-2-pc/p/1271690/13919/

limitedbw.jpg

From the pictures on the website, it looks like they've finally gotten the perfect wings for Buzz (although they're still a bit small, despite being very wide). They even include the often overlooked curved grooves on the back. Loving the chrome paint scheme!

Last edited:
How many of the Toy Story characters have Thinkway released so far?

Weeeeeeeeeeellll...

1. Thinkway have released 11 characters as part of their Toy Story Collection: Wave 1 was Woody, Buzz, RC Car, Rex, Bucket O' Soldiers and Aliens, wave 1.5 was Mr. Potato Head, and wave 2 was Lotso, Jessie, Bullseye and Utility Belt Buzz.
  2. Thinkway also, as you probably know, release Toy Story toys outside of the line (which are often highly accurate regardless). These include Twitch, Sparks and Chunk.
  3. Other companies have also made accurate toys. Disney Store released the plush line-up (Pricklepants, Dolly, and Peas in a Pod), a Hamm bank, and a Toy Story branded Etch A Sketch. Meanwhile, Hasbro released a twin pack of Barbie and Ken (as well as a singular Barbie), and the two Potato Heads, since they own the rights to both toylines, and Fisher-Price have obviously been making Chatter Phone for a long time.
  4. You've then got the really old and rare stuff - stuff like Thinkway's 1996 Bo Peep, Burger King's (!) 1999 walking Lenny, and Hasbro's 1999 Tour Guide Barbie.

That makes for 27 characters so far (on my count, anyway).

Weeeeeeeeeeellll...

1. Thinkway have released 11 characters as part of their Toy Story Collection: Wave 1 was Woody, Buzz, RC Car, Rex, Bucket O' Soldiers and Aliens, wave 1.5 was Mr. Potato Head, and wave 2 was Lotso, Jessie, Bullseye and Utility Belt Buzz.
  2. Thinkway also, as you probably know, release Toy Story toys outside of the line (which are often highly accurate regardless). These include Twitch, Sparks and Chunk.
  3. Other companies have also made accurate toys. Disney Store released the plush line-up (Pricklepants, Dolly, and Peas in a Pod), a Hamm bank, and a Toy Story branded Etch A Sketch. Meanwhile, Hasbro released a twin pack of Barbie and Ken (as well as a singular Barbie), and the two Potato Heads, since they own the rights to both toylines, and Fisher-Price have obviously been making Chatter Phone for a long time.
  4. You've then got the really old and rare stuff - stuff like Thinkway's 1996 Bo Peep, Burger King's (!) 1999 walking Lenny, and Hasbro's 1999 Tour Guide Barbie.

That makes for 27 characters so far (on my count, anyway).

Thanks, Prime :duff

I was just interested in the Toy Story Collection figures. I should have been a little more specific in my post :eek:

Forgot to say in my post, do you think my Buzz decision is wise or a waste of money?

I reckon it sounds good. If the buzz you get next is imperfect but has a working helmet, you could transfer the helmet of that onto your broken one, and then sell the helmet-less one on eBay or something.

At least by the end of this you'll have plenty of Buzzes for display!

It's not the helmet that's broken, it's the lock device. His helmet cannot "lock" into place. (like if I turn Buzz upside down, his helmet comes down

Oops! Didn't realise that, sorry. That kind of reminds me of the 1995 Buzz, and how his helmet didn't lock into place. It's really annoying, it just flaps about all the time making noise. Can't understand how you can bear it with the TSC version.

He's not, that's a viral ad. Lotso did not exist as a toy until this year.

Does it really count as a viral ad though, I wonder, since I did see this actually air during Carson Daily once.

i also heard of a japanese variant that has a different face. could anyone confirm this?

I haven't seen or heard anything about this, so I wouldn't know for sure. However, Thinkway are an American company, so I doubt they would make any changes for a Japanese release.

This variant you speak of is not made by thinkway. Im not even sure its to scale.

ah i see. the viral ad certainly fooled me. i thought the face of tsc lotso doesnt look like the film's lotso, so when i heard of a variant face, i was hoping it could be better.

Some great shots there, SRS. I understand that feeling where you just want to buy everything!

Your Roundup Gang looks fantastic, even if they don't create a TSC Stinky Pete, the one you have fits in regardless.

The two final photos are great, especially the Pork Chop one!

this collector means business:

5032816389_25d857c6bd_b.jpg

5032815651_f109da514f.jpg

look what they did to poor ken.:monkey2

That collection is huge, bigger than when I saw it last. Some brilliant additions in there... but the Mutant Toys kinda creep me out! They are very cool though. I love Hand-In-The-Box!

EDIT: Didn't notice the Pixar Ball next to Bo Peep - AWESOME! Would love to have that, if its available in the shops!

Last edited:
are those side characters like rocky, hockey puck, trixie, dolly, pricklepants, troll doll, barrel of monkey, wheezy, peas in pod available in disney store? i'm in asia, so the only way to get them here is through ebay. for those in the states, what characters are easily available from disney store?

are those side characters like rocky, hockey puck, trixie, dolly, pricklepants, troll doll, barrel of monkey, wheezy, peas in pod available in disney store?

Troll doll and the Barrell of Monkeys are real toys, so you can find them on eBay outside of the Toy Story line (although that specific Troll Doll is notably hard to find). Dolly, Buttercup, Pricklepants and Peas-In-A-Pod are all Disney store plushes, although the Pricklepants and Dolly in this guys collection are different versions that I think are exclusive to Japan (unusual but I saw the Japanese Peas the other day on eBay). Meanwhile, Hockey Puck was a limited run custom by a fan, Rocky is an out of scale action figure (which is relatively easy to find) and Wheezy is a Japan exclusive.

Now that Toy Story 3 has ended its run, the plushes have disappeared from the Disney Stores and Hamm is already very rare. However, Chunk, Twitch and Sparks are still common in Disney Store, at least they are here in the UK (but we never got Hamm :().

Troll doll and the Barrell of Monkeys are real toys, so you can find them on eBay outside of the Toy Story line (although that specific Troll Doll is notably hard to find). Dolly, Buttercup, Pricklepants and Peas-In-A-Pod are all Disney store plushes, although the Pricklepants and Dolly in this guys collection are different versions that I think are exclusive to Japan (unusual but I saw the Japanese Peas the other day on eBay). Meanwhile, Hockey Puck was a limited run custom by a fan, Rocky is an out of scale action figure (which is relatively easy to find) and Wheezy is a Japan exclusive.

Now that Toy Story 3 has ended its run, the plushes have disappeared from the Disney Stores and Hamm is already very rare. However, Chunk, Twitch and Sparks are still common in Disney Store, at least they are here in the UK (but we never got Hamm :().

thx for the info. appreciated. got most of the main characters, thinking of branching out to the background characters now. didnt realize rocky is out of scale. maybe should wait for thinkway's next release.

just found out about this for the first time:
515ZDvZnA2L._SS400_.jpg

do you guys know about this version? it's a disney store limited ed(only 2010 dolls made). here's the specs n price:

https://www.amazon.com/Talking-Jessie-Disney-Exclusive-Limited/dp/B003SYSC1Y

i think the face is better on the thinkway version, but the hair is much much more accurate here.

A preorder on Disney Store went up a while ago, and we briefly discussed it then.
In my opinion, the sparkles ruin it, because otherwise it would be relatively accurate to the film, especially with Joan Cusacks voice. You're right about the face though, doesn't look right at all, and I've always thought that the Thinkway one is perfect.

Back