Thinkway Kylo Ren animatronic figure (1/4 scale?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K_D

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I've had a search and couldn't find a thread on this.
My wife got me this for my birthday and it seems to be 1/4 scale and also has cloth parts of the costume and light up features etc really fits in well with the premium format statues imo.
1450555551933722477881.jpg
1450555662182-802748439.jpg
The Han PF is just there for size reference hoping to get the hasbro BB8 to go in that spot.

Re: Hasbro Kylo Ren animatronic figure (1/4 scale?)

Isn't it by Thinkway? There's Darth Vader, Chewbacca and R2 I believe.

You're right it is, my mistake all the packaging looked like hasbro so I just assumed it was.

I've seen the others they seemed a smaller scale than Ren for some reason like 1"-2" smaller.

Has anyone else up picked this up and have an opinion on the scale?
I'd like to try and cover the arms in some sort of cloth strips wrapped around to give it more of a PF look.
To me the height seems about correct, Google lists Ford as 1.85m and Driver as 1.91m. In my image you can see they're about the same height and Rens legs are spread and bent under the robe.

How is the overall quality of the figure? Is the outfit accurate and does it look good? Hard to tell from pictures and video.

How is the overall quality of the figure? Is the outfit accurate and does it look good? Hard to tell from pictures and video.

Rebelscum Star Wars Photo Archive
Lots of highly detailed pics there.
For me its fine but those wanting it to be really accurate would be better waiting for the PF but this is probably about 1/5th the price that will be.
Having looked at pics the hood/robe part is not anything near the quality of the Hot Toys Ren.
I think with a bit of tweaking and minimal customizing this could be made to look much better, I am definitely going to get some thin black cloth strips and wrap the arms to cover the plastic. If I ever come across a fabric which looks good and isn't overly expensive I may consider having a stab at redoing the other cloth parts.

Rebelscum Star Wars Photo Archive
Lots of highly detailed pics there.
For me its fine but those wanting it to be really accurate would be better waiting for the PF but this is probably about 1/5th the price that will be.
Having looked at pics the hood/robe part is not anything near the quality of the Hot Toys Ren.
I think with a bit of tweaking and minimal customizing this could be made to look much better, I am definitely going to get some thin black cloth strips and wrap the arms to cover the plastic. If I ever come across a fabric which looks good and isn't overly expensive I may consider having a stab at redoing the other cloth parts.

That actually looks really good! Sure it's not PF quality but it's not terrible. Thanks for the link. I didn't know they had it listed. I use them all the time. Will consider it but might need to see in person first.

I would say it looks better in person than in photos. The only small issue I have with it is because the figure is animated and moves, lights up and talks when you press the button its hard to get it into a really good pose because the arms aren't made to hold a position.
I've basically come to accept that with the constant price increases of the PF line I need to have some substitutes in my collection, I've managed to create a full shelf of FA 1/4 scale stuff which with custom stands doesn't look overly out of place and cost me around half the price of one PF.
We've had a bunch of people over to our house over the holidays and the only comment I seemed to get was how the films only been out a week and I already had a full FA shelf haha.
20151226_180404.jpg

Aplogies for the poor quality pic.

Back