Thing 1:1 bust + 250 $ = Iron man exc + Captain PF exc?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shall I trade Iron man and Cap PF for Thing 1:1

• Get the Thing bust, it will be more difficult to find later

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Keep the statues, they are getting more valuable

Votes: 34 60.7%
  • do whatever you want, not my problem :D

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • I can't decide either :D

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gambit

Super Freak
Reaction score
A friend of mine has offered me this trade, which I have been considering for more than 2 weeks but can't decide.

I will give him my exclusive Iron man comiquette and exc Cap PF and will get the Thing bust plus 250 $

I am not after the money but the bust. I have 1:1 spider international bust and waiting for the iron man 1:1 to be shipped. I probably will also buy hellboy 1:1 bust, which is due 20 days. The main reason I want the Thing bust is because it is bloody damn limited (150 only)

The reason I am thinking to trade or not to trade is because I have the following:

PFs
green goblin
Spider
Doom exc
Punisher reg
Cap ex
Thor reg
Thing

comiquettes:
iron man ex
wolverine ex
magneto ex

and when I trade my iron man and cap, than my group of marvel heroes will disband.

What would you do ?

I'm sorry but that's the worst deal I've ever heard of in the history of worst deal making. How can you even be considering this? :confused:

Keep your statues mate. Just my opinion

I'd take the bust. It's not going to get easier to find, and the price will keep on rising.

At least you'll have chances to get Iron Man and the Cap again.

But hey... up to you.

ah, forgot to mention:

another reason I am considering to take Thing is, that it is highly likely that we will see a new modern iron man statue in the future but it is less likely that we will get a Thing 1:1 bust

Disband your group of heroes, sell the remaining statues and think about me when you sell Dr. Doom!:monkey1

The Thing bust is amazing, and at only 150, will just get harder and harder to find! In the long run, it wouldn't surprise me if it's value equaled the other two or outpaced them! Get the Thing bust!!!

I'll also add that even if it's value doesn't get to the same as the other two, it will still be difficult to find, where as the other two will almost always be available if you just have the cash.

Tough call, but the ES of the Thing bust is MUCH smaller than any other PF or bust. So I'd say get the bust. But is it worth THAT much that you have to trade two expensive statues AND cash on top of it?!?!

But the thing is, the statues will be easier to find. But you just never know how much they'll be worth down the road. ESPECIALLY with all the movies coming :eek:

Tough call, but the ES of the Thing bust is MUCH smaller than any other PF or bust. So I'd say get the bust. But is it worth THAT much that you have to trade two expensive statues AND cash on top of it?!?!

But the thing is, the statues will be easier to find. But you just never know how much they'll be worth down the road. ESPECIALLY with all the movies coming :eek:
I don't think that he has to trade two statues AND cash.

It looks like he would receive the Thing bust AND cash for the two statues.

i would stay with what you have, and keep looking for the bust imo.
even if you have to buy the bust and sell the others down the road you'll be further ahead, since with the release of multiple movies im and cap related, your pieces will be worth way more down the road.

as for the es of only 150 making it harder to find, well look at the neg zone and retro spidey pfs, they seem to be coming up for sale all the time.
so imo just wait it out and either get one off of ebay or ignore your buddies offer, and if he really wants to sell the 1:1 or really wants your pieces, he'll be coming around and asking about the deal, followed by a better offer.

unless you're a huge Thing fan... pass.

Unless your collection is moving to just 1:1's....pass

Most definitely get the thing bust. Cap and Iron man Exc are on ebay enough that if you wanted to get them back later you can. Who knows when your gonna have the opportunity to get a thing bust again. At least in this price range. Its a no brainer...

Last edited:
Sounds like the people who know what their talking about are saying Thing Bust..

Serious no brainer..

Subtle dig mate. But I absolutely do know what I'm talking about and - in my opinion - I dont think the thing bust and USD250 is worth those two statues. That's just me though :rolleyes:

Subtle dig mate. But I absolutely do know what I'm talking about and - in my opinion - I dont think the thing bust and USD250 is worth those two statues. That's just me though :rolleyes:

really we could debate this back and forth for days about which is better, or which is more valueable now or down the road.
in the end you have to choose which you want more right now, if your into 1:1's or love the Thing, then yes definately get the bust then.

if your not into busts that much and only want it because it's rare and hard to get hopeing that it becomes worth thousands down the road then it's a easy pass.

in the end you have to get what YOU want at the time, and if it turns out that it not a smart $$$$ decision down the road oh well, you have the piece that you wanted, and got to enjoy it in the mean time.

how can you put a price on that:cool:

edit: just so you know i wouldn't go for that trade simply because i'm not into 1:1's, i'm into lsb's. that's most likely why your poll is going to be one sided on this one. though 1:1s have there place and are mostly worth every dime, very fewer people collect them simply because of the higher price and space they require to display. so your poll is going to give you a false positive, if you know what i mean.

Last edited:
I'm not into bust so I would keep the stats but if i was a 1:1 bust collector I prolly would swing the other way.

I'm glad I made your decision much easier!!!! :rock :rock :rock

This one is a tough call. You'd be trading two AWESOME pieces for one PHENOMENAL piece. I'm undecided. Either way, you can't lose in my opinion.

Back