The Wolfman trailer is here!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not keen on Del Toro in this but I'll probably see it! I wish they'd have it out at Halloween though.

i don't like it when the whole cast is speaking in a similar accent (in this case british), but one actor has an american accent. sticks out like a sore thumb.

del toro should've done a brit accent. or maybe he tried and couldn't.

in any case, this looks kinda underwhelming to me. pretty sure it would've been better if mark romanek had stayed on as director. nothing against joe johnston (loved the rocketeer) but to me he's not suited for darker, harder-edged stuff.

I'm not keen on Del Toro in this but I'll probably see it! I wish they'd have it out at Halloween though.

This was originally supposed to come out THIS Feburary (2009) but it got bumped back to Novemeber 2009. And now bumped back to Feburary. A FULL YEAR delay now! That is never a good sign. Hopefully it was to make the film much better.

i don't like it when the whole cast is speaking in a similar accent (in this case british), but one actor has an american accent. sticks out like a sore thumb.

del toro should've done a brit accent. or maybe he tried and couldn't.

in any case, this looks kinda underwhelming to me. pretty sure it would've been better if mark romanek had stayed on as director. nothing against joe johnston (loved the rocketeer) but to me he's not suited for darker, harder-edged stuff.

I kind of get the idea that Del Toro is the "long lost son coming home" character in this. So perhaps he was in America during his absence? I could buy that at least.

I thought the trailer looks great, but I still think Del toro was miscast. But I'm far more excited to see the film now.

Thought it looked pretty good, though seeing Anthony Hopkins in it gave me a bit of Coppola's Dracula vibe. Now if they just do a period piece remake of Frankenstein with Hopkins in it, he will have done the trinity!

Also wasn't Inspector Aberline (Hugo Weaving) the name of the inspector in From Hell as well, I'm pretty sure in Jack the Ripper history he was one of the actual inspectors on the case, but may be just a similar use of the name.

Looking foward to this though....it's got to be better than Van Helsing.

Evan

This was originally supposed to come out THIS Feburary (2009) but it got bumped back to Novemeber 2009. And now bumped back to Feburary. A FULL YEAR delay now! That is never a good sign. Hopefully it was to make the film much better.

I kind of get the idea that Del Toro is the "long lost son coming home" character in this. So perhaps he was in America during his absence? I could buy that at least.

hmmmm, that's an interesting way of looking at it.

but unless they specifically state in the movie he came back from america, it's still gonna be jarring. just like tom cruise's american accent in valkyrie. simply horrid. stupid decision by brian singer, who felt it sounded more "natural". rubbish. it sounded like it was out of place and took many people out of the viewing experience. myself included.

as for the bump in release dates, yeah that's almost always a bad sign. they should've tried to make it for the halloween period. strategically, that's the best time slot for a movie like this...

Are people really complaining about Del Toro's accent? Have you guys NOT seen the original? Larry Talbot has always spent most of his life in America after leaving home. Hence the very American Lon Chaney surrounded by Europeans in the 1941 original, and Del Toro doing the same in the remake.

And how is Benicio miscast? He's a solid actor who not only is a huge fan of the original, but actually looks a bit like Chaney. I swear people are just wanting to find things to nit-pick about.

I wonder why this movie's release date was held back so many times....

The first bump they said it was to work on the effects. I'm not sure what this second bump was for. But hopefully this full year delay will be for the best.

I just feel bad for people like Mezco that are making prodcuts for the film for them to come out on time for the film only to have the film delayed yet again. That has to be annoying. Anyone know if the figures are still coming out this fall or did they get delayed too?

Pretty significant reboot from the looks of things, Wolfman in name only ... not necessarily a bad thing, I'm in. :rock

Are people really complaining about Del Toro's accent? Have you guys NOT seen the original? Larry Talbot has always spent most of his life in America after leaving home. Hence the very American Lon Chaney surrounded by Europeans in the 1941 original, and Del Toro doing the same in the remake.

And how is Benicio miscast? He's a solid actor who not only is a huge fan of the original, but actually looks a bit like Chaney. I swear people are just wanting to find things to nit-pick about.

Well, people said Ledger was miscast as the Joker... so... :D
I'm, looking forward to this one!!

There is your answer. Would you rather have a new Wolfman every year?

It's just that the first two were pretty good, but it now it's getting silly.
Everything else that would benefit from coming out at Halloween gets held back or moved to avoid the Saw franchise. Take Trick n Treat for instance

well the original is the original and this is the new version. like i said before, unless this movie specifically touches on the fact that talbot came back from america, his american accent will be out of place in the midst of british-accented english characters.

nobody is nitpicking for the sake of it, at least not in the case of the accent. bad/out-of-place accents break the suspension of disbelief and take viewers out of the movie.

Back