The Winstone Effect

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fett1972

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know the ISBN for the limited signature version of the Winston Effect or better still any dealers in the Uk that may sell it

Thanks

Is that the one that came with a DVD ? or was it just an autographed copy of the book.

I know there was 3 versions
Standard cover - with the explosion on it
Ltd Ed - With the sculpted clay cover
and a really expensive version with a DVD and some lithographs I think

Is the limited edition grey sculpt cover the version that is signed? or was this cover limited release with an additional numbered of these covers signed and numbered?

I've got the sculpt version but it wasn't signed.

Forbidden Planet (the shops themselves) had signed copies in and they suprisingly hung around for quite a while. The week Stan died though they were all gone.

Amazon have a signed variant cover for £35 (used)
51MvckLAmtL._SS500_.jpg

The Winston Effect

Woah! now that's how you display it.

On a completely unrelated note where do you live and what time are you planning on going out of the house :lol

Woah! now that's how you display it.

On a completely unrelated note where do you live and what time are you planning on going out of the house :lol

I can tell you but I'll have ta . :D

never seen the t-rex before could you tell me who made it?

It's a bronze cast made by Stan Winston Studios. It has the limited no. and the man's Sig. on the base.Sold out at the Universal Studio store many....many years ago. I also have the bronze Raptor and it's even bigger and heavier.

I can tell you but I'll have ta . :D

It's a bronze cast made by Stan Winston Studios. It has the limited no. and the man's Sig. on the base.Sold out at the Universal Studio store many....many years ago. I also have the bronze Raptor and it's even bigger and heavier.

id love to see the 2 together if you dont mind, also do you know what they go for?

id love to see the 2 together if you dont mind, also do you know what they go for?

I don't display them together but here's a one I took a while ago. Can't really say how much these go for. Last time a collector from Germany offered 7K for the T-Rex, I think it's a good offer but I turned down.

And here's Raptor.

That Raptor looks absolutely incredible, is it painted in anyway ? as the underdelly and inner legs are lighter, along with the stripes or was it just through clever manipulation of the bronze ?

That Raptor looks absolutely incredible, is it painted in anyway ? as the underdelly and inner legs are lighter, along with the stripes or was it just through clever manipulation of the bronze ?

Thanks. It's one of my grail piece. AFAIK the coloring was done by applying patina. The T-Rex was also done by the same technique, it looks bad in the pics....

Btw, here's something special.
https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=79510&page=10

Last edited:
Thanks for all your replies. Is that the Signed edition THX. If it is any chance you can post a pic of the Signature plate. By the way beautifil collection!

I've got the sculpt version but it wasn't signed.

Forbidden Planet (the shops themselves) had signed copies in and they suprisingly hung around for quite a while. The week Stan died though they were all gone.

Amazon have a signed variant cover for £35 (used)
51MvckLAmtL._SS500_.jpg

The Winston Effect

I have above HARDCOVER with DUST JACKET version LIMITED & SIGNED by STAN WINSTON # 2521 of 3000 and it is a CENTER PIECE of my TERMINATOR collection. :D

Below is a pic I took of the actual signature in my book.

IMG_0971.jpg

Last edited:
man your very lucky to have them, what was the edition size of both? im quite a dino fan and them pictures are so nice

I know man. They were both limited at 500 pcs. each. Priced at $3k each more than a decade ago.

Thanks for all your replies. Is that the Signed edition THX. If it is any chance you can post a pic of the Signature plate. By the way beautifil collection!

Sure thing bro. Mine's a regular version.

yep I have this book , not displayed yet but it will be soon . :rock

Fantastic pieces THX.

Thanks mate. :D

I have the book...that exact cover but sadly mine isnt one of the signed ones :(...

as for the two Dino's...i think i'm inlove, those are amazing pieces and you are so lucky to have them. i can imagine them being worth ALOT of money in the years to come man, hold onto them :D

I don't display them together but here's a one I took a while ago. Can't really say how much these go for. Last time a collector from Germany offered 7K for the T-Rex, I think it's a good offer but I turned down.

Great image of your Raptor.. I also bought one at Universal, back in 2001 when i was working there. It is number 44/500 and also signed by Stan.

4851175941_07bf2a90fd.jpg

4851175993_2b4333f793.jpg

Back