The Wild One has landed - Brando arrives.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn that figure looks sweet! :drool If I was collecting 1/6 figures, this would be a must have for me.

dam if there is a 1/6 thunderbird out there - it would convince me to buy this figure...

Great looking figure, I canceled my order from Sideshow... but still plan to pick him up elsewhere.

I have no idea who this dude's supposed to be, but he sure looks like he's trying to rip off Mutt Willams' style. Shia would own this ass clown anyday!

Of course you know I'm joking. Anyway, as amazing as this figure is, I already have my 1/6th scale Brando fix with Jor-El.

Here's that amazing packaging-
boxfront-1.jpg

metalcorner.jpg

foamsuround.jpg

foamsuround2.jpg

insidebox.jpg

box.jpg

I've just finished my review, so here are a few sample pics of the figure as well, iz niiiiyze!
extremeshadow.jpg

colarzippeddetail.jpg

hairdetail.jpg

oldyoung1.jpg

oldyoungprofile.jpg

BrandoDean.jpg

Awesome looking figure, I just put in my order for him over at DarkShadow... really looking forward to getting him :rock Wonder what the next figure in the series will be? I'd love to see a Spaghetti Western inspired Eastwood.

Again nice photos Wookster, my favourite of the Icons until now :)
(makes me wish they choose the Godfather version for the older Marlon figure)

Yes, packaging looks superb, but to be honnest the least of my concerns : as long as the figure is safely packed and no chance of rubbing paint or wrinkle clothes.
I always think what if that extra cost for that box could have been spent on the production of the figure (must say this Marlon Biker boy doesn't need any more touching, it just looks perfect)

Kept all the boxes though, just because there is room for, but to me they are nothing more than cardboard.

Do figures with no flashy packaging get less attention or is it the overall look of the figure that pull collectors in?

For me at least, the packaging quality and figure quality go hand in hand in impressing me, especially considering these price points. With the amount of dough we're paying for these, shouldn't we expect both? It's a great feeling when you crack open a shipping box and the first thing that greets you is a fine looking box protecting a fine looking figure.

I keep all my boxes, partly because I might end up selling a figure. I do wish that companies like Hot Toys, SS, and Medicom would go the Enterbay route and incorporate the packaging into an accessory for the figure. I.E. - The diorama for the GoD Bruce Lee. However, the price for the figures we buy would skyrocket.

Man, so I get mine today for Darkshadows... open him up and his leg is snapped-off and dangling. The great foam doesn't work if the person at the factory just crams it in there :lol

Oh well, hopefully getting a replacement won't be too rough.

Looks like they used the same body as my Wolf predator. :lol.

Lucky you went with a great retailer. Hope he has some in stock for you, or it could be a long wait, but well worth it.

Man, so I get mine today for Darkshadows... open him up and his leg is snapped-off and dangling. The great foam doesn't work if the person at the factory just crams it in there :lol

Oh well, hopefully getting a replacement won't be too rough.

Aww, thats crap luck!, but I'm sure they'll put it right.
And he's well worth the wait, trust me!

Yeah, no worries on a replacement... Adam contacted me right back and has one ready to go.

Odd though, in all my years of collecting I've never had a figure show up w/that serious of damage. Especially surprising for how nice of a packaging job they did.

Back