The Why You Purchased Darkness Poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Made YOU Purchase Darkness?

• I have ALWAYS been a Legend fan

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • I LOVE the character design

Votes: 33 54.1%
  • OTHER: Low ES, Collectibility, Etc

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters
I saw Legend when it first came out and wasn't real impressed. It received universally poor reviews and they were well deserved. However despite my schoolboy crush on Mia Sara (fresh from Ferris Bueller) it was Tim Curry that stole the show by far. A great quirky performance and a great character design makes it an unbeatable item.

However I LOVE the idea of a goth Lily to go with him - that would be excellent companion piece.

Oh, and if my parents ever saw it they would become catatonic!

I love the movie... it has a bit of an over-the-top feel to it. But at base is a great piece of fantasy. Good characters and a fun adventure. And to top it off Darkness is just one of the coolest looking villains of all time... and Tim Curry's performance was amazing! Its unbelievable how much personality he was able to convey completely covered in make-up and prosthetics.

I've always liked the movie, and especially Darkness himself. Tim Curry's trademark flamboyance combined with those brilliant prosthetics makes for one of the most wonderfully charasmatic and entertaining villains ever captured on film.

Movie Suct!
But that design....
That is THE best "devil guy" design ever! Bar none.
And Curry...I mean...you know....damn!
Just him coming through that mirror was worth the ticket price.

(And Mia Sara was FINE! )

soloblaster said:
Was never Darkness fan, but everybody seems to love it.
I ordered mine to flip. :emperor

you have to have at least 100 posts here to flip stuff so get to typing!:monkey1

tomandshell said:
Hmm...

It's a nice exclusive, but the TBD edition size means that there will be plenty to go around. Everybody who wants one will get one, and demand has to be far greater than supply in order for an item to go through the roof on the secondary market. Profiteers must be cursing the TBD on this one.

I don't know whether someone has bought this up on another thread...But, why a "TBD editon size" on the exclusive??? If that stays that way for another day or two...they may as well not even bother with a regular. Less people will have the regular than the exclusive...That will be the one to flip!!!.:lol

Fritz said:
Because King Darkness said so!

Can I get a Hell Yeah!!!

HELL YEAH!!!!

I have been a fan of the film since I saw it as a kid, but the fact that Darkness is by far the most awesome designed character EVER really helps.

I remember enjoying the film for what it was, but the second Darkness made his first appearance everything changed. I promised my mom that one day I was gonna get that tattooed on me. It took my about 20 years but I did it. I have never had a character impact me like that(expect the Kurgan). Darkness is simply the greatest film character to ever exist IMHO. And the fact that so few people have ever really heard of him makes him that much cooler.

Then when the 1:1 bust came out I thought I was gonna die because there was no way I could afford $900. But I saved and saved and saved and I got it.

Now I will have the PF Darkness to stand along side the bust.

There is NOTHING that could be announced from SS ever again that will excited me as this did! The last couple of days have been great!

Now the wait begins:devil

King Darkness said:
HELL YEAH!!!!

I have been a fan of the film since I saw it as a kid, but the fact that Darkness is by far the most awesome designed character EVER really helps.

I remember enjoying the film for what it was, but the second Darkness made his first appearance everything changed. I promised my mom that one day I was gonna get that tattooed on me. It took my about 20 years but I did it. I have never had a character impact me like that(expect the Kurgan). Darkness is simply the greatest film character to ever exist IMHO. And the fact that so few people have ever really heard of him makes him that much cooler.

Then when the 1:1 bust came out I thought I was gonna die because there was no way I could afford $900. But I saved and saved and saved and I got it.

Now I will have the PF Darkness to stand along side the bust.

There is NOTHING that could be announced from SS ever again that will excited me as this did! The last couple of days have been great!

Now the wait begins:devil

King, that was by far the greatest character liking story I had ever read. :rock

Goes the same with me about the guy in grey tights and a cowl.

Well for me the poll doesnt exactly include me 100%. Its not becuase Im a Legend fan, its not for the ES or collectibility, and not even just because of the phenomenal character design. Its soley due to Tim Curry. Without him that character would have been as dull as the rest of the film. But he made it special, he made it just mind blowing. Whenever he was on screen he commanded attention, I was just floored and drooled of his presence and power and that brilliant voice that could stop you in your tracks. Tim Curry made that character and the film. And even though Im not a fan of the film in anyway, Darkness goes down as one of my favourite character performances of all time.

:rock. Hell yeah.:D

Definitely the character design for me which ties into the Tim Curry factor.

The way I see it, Darkness PF makes for one of the ultimate representations of a movie bad guy you can have in your collection. It's more striking than Vader PF who is evil but not really since there is still good in him. I can picture having Darkness PF, Maul PF and Witchking PF for one evil @$$ display. :devil :devil :devil

Darklord Dave said:
However I LOVE the idea of a goth Lily to go with him - that would be excellent companion piece.

Yeah, that would be awesome.... Mia Sara at her hottest AND probably where my old fetish for Goth girls came from....:D

I've never seen the movie Legend. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I heard it was pretty bad so I never picked it up to rent, but
now I'm going to have to see it to see Tim Curry's performance.

I purchased the Darkness PF because it LOOKS totally amazing.

The looks of a statue, pf, or bust is the most important thing to me.
It could be from a character I know nothing about (like Darkness)
and one that I've never even seen before, but if it looks great, I'll
get it for my collection.

I don't care if the ES is 50 or 5,000, I'll be glad to have this one on my shelf.

I think Darkness will top Lurtz looks-wise, and that is saying something.

JS

I haven't purchased it.

After reading the King and BD's comments. and how Tim Curry was so good in it, I reminisced to when I first saw the film. I can't remember why I can't remember much about it, but I do remember the impact the devilish creature made on me. Instantly fascinating, and I have to go along with JS, it visually branded into my psyche. To see what is deep set in your imagination, alive and animated on the screen, is what impaired me. It was, to me, the first time I had seen the incarnate, moleculerised into the physical.

I'm spewing I can't afford the exclusive, or the drugs I was on at the time, but the regular is, if the edition size is set high enough, likely to come to a town nearby. To see it in the flesh, will be like seeing it molecurise all over again, and there goes my imagination, correlating the familiar with the unknown, and coming up with Darkness. He assaults the senses by just being. Whether it be from Tim Curry's performance, or from the insane wickedness of it's visualization, evility is what he epitomises, hereto never before being actualised on this planet in such an all encompassing form. He's got it all. The Horns, the fangs, the ears, the face, the muscle, the colour of his skin, to the hooved hind quarters.

If it comes, I will see it as a sign that it must be had. SLF I think you are just an evil @$$.

You have to hand it to Sideshow. The Toy Fair may not have had something for everyone, having perused some threds, but they sure did cover a heap of wantings that people didn't probably even know they had. It makes, why some people might say "it's a great time to be alive".

I purchased him for the character design. This is easily one of the most eye capturing PF's that Sideshow has ever produced. Although I consider the film merely mediocre, Tim Curry is one of, if not the best actor when it comes to performing under a mountain of prosthetics. Only one other person comes close in my mind and that would be Eric Stoltz's performance in Mask.

I won't lie in saying I have bought some items here and there to flip, but this sucker is mine to keep. You'd be a fool to sell this one. It's not too often you see such a beautiful piece of work for purchase.

Back