The Walking Dead - comic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own about the first 70 all first prints....I just found out recently what they go for now! :horror:horror:horror

If you have all those at 1st prints, I'd consider sending some off for CGC. Issues 1 at a 9.8 CGC grade can sell for over $1500, #2 for around $1100ish, 19 is about to go up in price like crazy (since Michonne was just in the last episode of season 2) and I'm sure by the end of season 3 of the show issue 27 will spike like crazy in price since its the first Governor (and I'm willing to bet he'll come around the final episode of the 3rd season).

At some point I'm sure I will....I just got around to sending my Giant-Size X-men 1 in last year then my wife made me sell it so I'm careful about what I pull out of my collection.... :rotfl

If you have all those at 1st prints, I'd consider sending some off for CGC. Issues 1 at a 9.8 CGC grade can sell for over $1500, #2 for around $1100ish, 19 is about to go up in price like crazy (since Michonne was just in the last episode of season 2) and I'm sure by the end of season 3 of the show issue 27 will spike like crazy in price since its the first Governor (and I'm willing to bet he'll come around the final episode of the 3rd season).

Last edited:
Dont wait too long; once the show stops, those issues will drop in value....

Anyone gonna try to get all the variant covers for 100...the double sided cover is not the standard one, I just found out. Its a variant. Decided to order a set of Ebay since my local comic store seems kinda useless

Last edited:
Walking dead tpb volume 16: A larger world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG! I only reading Walking Dead TPBs and the new one came out today. Such an insanely great comic. About to read it. So EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Walking dead tpb volume 16: A larger world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm... Kind of anticlimactic but I'm looking forward to Rick's confrontation with this "Negan". Rick is as about as badass as they come!

Re: Walking dead tpb volume 16: A larger world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know how anyone can read this book in trades. I can barely wait a month between each issue :lol

I dont know how anyone can read this book in trades. I can barely wait a month between each issue :lol

Yeah, once I got current in the trades, I switched to single issues with #85.....this comic is really designed for that monthly ride.

Update - issue 100 in three weeks. just read 99 - the ending to that was a little obvious but hell will hit next issue as they promised. Wonder who is gonna die/live?

Last edited:
I just read it, and yeah... most depressing issue since the one where they had to flee from the prison and:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Was seriously bummed after reading this, only a well written book can do this.

Looks like Negan is going to give the Governor a run for his money as far as a-hole bad guys go. :lol

I do like how Negan's dialogue was funny; I would have been laughing if not for the impending sense of doom, so kudos to Kirkman for a well written issue

What did irk me a lot, was in the letters when he thanked the world, including '.....even Frank Darabont.' I was like 'even FD!!!!' He's the mofo that got your show up and running B!_CH!

very sad issue, for sure.

I got one of the 1:200 B&W copies.

Score! :rock

Not a fan of variants.....in the long run, I feel Kirkman pulled a Whedon with the death choice. Sure, its all shocking and whatnot for the issue and a few follow ups, but down the road people are just gonna say, 'it aint the same without
Spoiler Spoiler:

I am so behind right now. I finished on issue #80 I believe. I ordered vol. 15 of the trades and realized I needed to order Vol. 14. Doh! So Now I need to wait to go back and order it before I can continue. It's kind of like torture really. I just want to read.

I am so behind right now. I finished on issue #80 I believe. I ordered vol. 15 of the trades and realized I needed to order Vol. 14. Doh! So Now I need to wait to go back and order it before I can continue. It's kind of like torture really. I just want to read.

You gotta look into digital comics. Comixolgy has all the trades and it's an instant download. No shipping fees and no worries where to store them. Plus it's only 5 bucks for a volume..4 bucks cheaper than amazon.

You gotta look into digital comics. Comixolgy has all the trades and it's an instant download. No shipping fees and no worries where to store them. Plus it's only 5 bucks for a volume..4 bucks cheaper than amazon.

While everything is going digital these days, I love in hand. I guess I'll have to get over it at some point.

Back