The Wait-List works...Grievous style!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've gotten all my Star Wars stuff off the Wait List, Vader, Obi, Maul bust, GG. It works for the expensive stuff.

Tom, I'm on the wait list for the Grey Hulk. I'm not expecting it to come through but I thought it was worth a shot.

Congrats Batty and all who get this most awecore of statues.

Mini-Rock said:
That's too bad. This will easily be Sideshow's best piece yet; and it'll be the flagship piece for their 1/4 PF line.

I have no doubt it will be a technically impresive piece in terms of development and execution. The Gore Group has put a lot of hours and manpower into this piece.

All that said, I just don't care for Grievous in the films enough to spend $450 for it. I rather get the Boba blaster from MR for $570. That's a character from my childhood that appeals more to me. From all the pics I have seen I just don't get any "wow" factor from Grievous like I get from PF Dr Doom. I'm happy with my Grievous maquette from GG.

Congrats to all those who had their waitlist converted. Just a couple weeks left and at last we will have him for our collections.

SolidLiquidFox said:
I have no doubt it will be a technically impresive piece in terms of development and execution. The Gore Group has put a lot of hours and manpower into this piece.

All that said, I just don't care for Grievous in the films enough to spend $450 for it. I rather get the Boba blaster from MR for $570. That's a character from my childhood that appeals more to me. From all the pics I have seen I just don't get any "wow" factor from Grievous like I get from PF Dr Doom. I'm happy with my Grievous maquette from GG.

Even though Boba didn't do nearly have as much as Grievous in the movies, and went out like the biggest punk in film history, I'll be getting the MR Fett blaster too, and the MR Fett helmet, if SS makes a 1/4 statue of him. Then I'll add my Code3 Slave 1 to the mix and have my ultimate Fett display. I'll also be displaying my GG Grievous Maquette next to my SS Grievous, even though the maquette is no where in the same league, and hope that Code3 or MR make a Grievous Starfighter in the near future. :)

Solid I think if you saw GG in person then you would be wowed by it. It litterally stopped me in my tracks last year at SDCC.

jlcmsu said:
Solid I think if you saw GG in person then you would be wowed by it. It litterally stopped me in my tracks last year at SDCC.

You're probably right. By looking at some pics it looks like a good sculpt and we all know how pics do not do justice sometimes. :D

I think Grievous could have been a so much better character if he would have turned out to be Sifo Diass (the character mentioned in AOTC). He would have been more relevant as the prototype for Vader and it would have made more sense as to why he can fight against Jedi so well. His coolness in Clone Wars also didn't help my disappointment of him in the films.

My passing on this piece I guess is a combination of not being impressed with the pics I seen and not caring for the character that much on ROTS. What can you do. :monkey3

This piece stopped me in my tracks as well at C3 and I can not wait to get it.

I hear you solid GG did not live up to what he was in the comics, cartoon, and novels. I read most of the Clone Wars comics and a few of the novels so before I saw the movie he had a good reputation with me. Even though I expected a little more from him in the movie I could not drop him as it really is that amazing.

SolidLiquidFox said:
You're probably right. By looking at some pics it looks like a good sculpt and we all know how pics do not do justice sometimes. :D

I think Grievous could have been a so much better character if he would have turned out to be Sifo Diass (the character mentioned in AOTC). He would have been more relevant as the prototype for Vader and it would have made more sense as to why he can fight against Jedi so well.

Sifo-Dyas had no beef with the Jedi. His goal was for the Clone Army to help the Jedi and the Republic. When Dooku killed Sifo, he also took Sifo's plan for the Clone Army and erased anything related to Kamino from the Jedi Archives.

Grievous on the other hand, had an ultimate hatred for the Jedi and the Republic for supporting the Huk (a species on a neighboring planet) who were at war with the Kaleesh (Grievous). He blamed the Republic, and the Jedi, for the ship crash that almost killed him, and vowed vengeance against the Jedi, and the Republic, for the new droid body he had to live in, and the suffering his people.

As for Grievous not living up to expectations, well, I'm not sure what some expected, but consider the foe he faced (Obi-Wan) to be more of a badass with a lightsaber than he was. Even with all blades spinning, Obi-Wan proved to be more than a match for the General's lightsaber skills. On the ship platform, Grievous was whoopin Obi's ass all over the place. Towards the end of the fight, Grievous had Obi-Wan beat, and it took Obi-Wan using a blaster (how uncivilized) in order to beat Grievous.

Last edited:
Mini-Rock said:
Sifo-Dyas had no beef with the Jedi. His goal was for the Clone Army to help the Jedi and the Republic. When Dooku killed Sifo, he also took Sifo's plan for the Clone Army and erased anything related to Kamino from the Jedi Archives.

Grievous on the other hand, had an ultimate hatred for the Jedi and the Republic for supporting the Huk (a species on a neighboring planet) who were at war with the Kaleesh (Grievous). He blamed the Republic, and the Jedi, for the ship crash that almost killed him, and vowed vengeance against the Jedi, and the Republic, for the new droid body he had to live in, and the suffering his people.

As for Grievous not living up to expectations, well, I'm not sure what some expected, but consider the foe he faced (Obi-Wan) to be more of a badass with a lightsaber than he was. Even with all blades spinning, Obi-Wan proved to be more than a match for the General's lightsaber skills. On the ship platform, Grievous was whoopin Obi's ass all over the place. Towards the end of the fight, Grievous had Obi-Wan beat, and it took Obi-Wan using a blaster (how uncivilized) in order to beat Grievous.

Thanks for the info. It clears up some of the stuff that you see on screen. Still, I would have liked Grievous to be the prototype for what Vader is: a fallen Jedi that has to be mechanically enhanced.

SolidLiquidFox said:
Thanks for the info. It clears up some of the stuff that you see on screen. Still, I would have liked Grievous to be the prototype for what Vader is: a fallen Jedi that has to be mechanically enhanced.

Grievous can definitely still be considered a proto for what Vader is; he just wasn't a Jedi and didn't have any force powers. :emperor

gambit said:
Gruson I love your collection and as far as I read, you cancelled yours because you like Attakus one more? is it?

Nope, I just have no interest in displaying a character I hated from a movie I really did not like.

;)

Between the Attakus and Sideshow, I like the Sideshow one better though.

any member here living in the asia pacific region on the exclusive wait list still waiting for conversion? i cancelled mine some time back but got an email offering 2nd chance on flex pay on 2 installments. pm me if interested. time is short as i've to reply soon.

not worth while for members from US and Europe for obvious reasons, since i'm in Asia. :)

just thought of helping a fellow freak out. cheers. :cool:

Mini-Rock said:

Thanks, Mini-Rock. Has anyone ever seen a pic of a 'common' Kaleesh? I'd like to have an idea of what GG looked like before he became GG. Didn't find anything relevant on the internet.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Has anyone ever seen a pic of a 'common' Kaleesh? I'd like to have an idea of what GG looked like before he became GG. Didn't find anything relevant on the internet.

20051021_kaleer_grievous.jpg

Back