The Treachery of Saruman Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really curious to see what the background/base will look like. Is the Orthanc backdrop part of the dio, or just included for the photos?

Also wondering about price point. What was Aragorn/Uruk Hai, $349? I'm guessing this will be $299-$349.

I've had no interest in the LotR dioramas before, but this piece is looks damn impressive. That Orthanc is part of the diorama and there's more of it than you'd think.

That Orthanc throneroom isn't photoshopped in?

I don't think I'll be getting this, but I'm curious to see the final pics. The two previous dios included mostly the base, not the backdrops, but Sideshow might have changed their tack after the Frodo vs. Gollum piece.

I thought that was photoshopped on too..but it would be great if SS have started adding a bit of background.
Consider this SOLD! I can't wait to see the full picture. When I thought about this moment as a dio I thought we'd see either both of them pointing their staffs at each other or Saruman with both staffs....but of course it looks great anyway!
I'm so glad I got into the dios as a Weta companion. We have alot of characters represented already, and so far, no repeat characters!! Although obviously I hope they repeat Gandalf for a Balrog dio

This is amazing and I must have it. I hope to see the Eagle VS Fell Beast soon also. Finding room is an increasing problem....sigh.

I would dearly hope and pray that the Orthanc walls background is part of this diorama. BUT ..... I highly doubt it based on the first two and other series dios that the company has already released. It they do put the walls in there its a sign of a giant step forward. A true diorama is a great deal more than just a couple of figures arranged on a base.

This is AWESOME!! I predicted that the next dio would be the Eagle... I'm glad I was wrong :d

But I think it was pretty wierd that they made a sneak peak of that one:confused:

I think with the Eagle one they just wanted to show the level of complexity that this line will have.

I have a feeling that we're are gonna just have our socks knocked off by this piece looking at how great the two figures look in that PV. Can't wait to PO this thing!! :rock

I don't think this line will have much more than the figures/characters themselves. The focus is on the MOMENT, but it would be awefully nice if they included a bit more of the SCENERY. If this piece has parts of walls, a broken door, the Palantir...or something along those lines...this piece will AMAZE even more than it already does. Will be interesting to see the look of Gandalf's face...wasn't he a bit bloodied during this little tustle with Saruman???

Geb

Sorry to rain on anyone's parade, but I got into Sideshow for the 12" line and although I have a few PFs statues and environments, I will not be collecting dioramas. Please let's have some more 12" news soon. The Gandalf is taking forever.

I don't think this line will have much more than the figures/characters themselves. The focus is on the MOMENT, but it would be awefully nice if they included a bit more of the SCENERY. If this piece has parts of walls, a broken door, the Palantir...or something along those lines...this piece will AMAZE even more than it already does. Will be interesting to see the look of Gandalf's face...wasn't he a bit bloodied during this little tustle with Saruman???

Geb

yepp this is what I thought.....lets hope but I do not think this will happen...

I'm very interested in this one (this is definitely a scene that any fan can get excited about), but I'm going to wait until we see more pictures before I get too excited. I want to see Saruman's face better. It's too hard to tell from that angle whether the likeness is good or overblown.

This dio line is so freaking great! This one is gonna be another great addition! I wonder if Saruman's chair will be in it? That would be very cool and I cannot wait to see that black erie marble done up in poly!

It looks pretty good, but where is the next 1/6th announcement? We figure Gandalf is coming, so I want to know who's next after him, come on SS!

Back