The Toys That Made Us.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would you assume women who were into Barbie as kids aren't nostalgic about it, and won't watch this? Personally, I thought it was a fascinating episode, and I was glad to learn about something that i wasn't at all familiar with.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Why would you assume women who were into Barbie as kids aren't nostalgic about it, and won't watch this? Personally, I thought it was a fascinating episode, and I was glad to learn about something that i wasn't at all familiar with.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Im sure some women liked that episode but I doubt they would watch the other ones. and if you went by the description of the show without knowing Barbie was one of the episodes i really doubt that many women would watch it. Im just saying it seems like an odd choice for an episode of the first "season" of this show or whatever.
And i highly doubt anyone in here watched that episode either,

I was gonna skip Barbie but it was actually fascinating. I probably learned the most from that episode since I really knew none of the history. That Jack Ryan guy was a pimp. The other three episodes were all stuff I've known for decades really.

I was gonna skip Barbie but it was actually fascinating. I probably learned the most from that episode since I really knew none of the history. That Jack Ryan guy was a pimp. The other three episodes were all stuff I've known for decades really.

really? wow, I guess I can give it a watch. thanks for posting this

Im sure some women liked that episode but I doubt they would watch the other ones. and if you went by the description of the show without knowing Barbie was one of the episodes i really doubt that many women would watch it. Im just saying it seems like an odd choice for an episode of the first "season" of this show or whatever.
And i highly doubt anyone in here watched that episode either,

You're wrong :lol

Barbie is every bit as important as the others. GIJoe was created as a result of Barbie and should have been the first episode instead of SW.

I watched these over the weekend. They were definitely worth the view.

I only watched the star wars episode as I wasn't into any of the others. Tbh I wasn't into the star wars toys either as I was too young the first time around but was interesting

Saw the He-Man one and hadn't realized how much money they lost towards the end, going from like hundreds of millions in sales, down to 7. I'd love to get a new show from that franchise, but I think we've been over saturated with toys lately.

I really enjoyed this series, but in the opening credits they say it is an 8 part series; there are only 4 episodes available now.

The Star Wars one really struck home for me. I forgot that we had to wait that long after the movie to get the toys. I was 10 years old in 1977, and a prime customer for that material.

I personally would like to see an episode on transformers (I don't collect those, but would hope it would be as fascinating as the Barbie episode). Big Jim was another line I LOVED as a kid, but I doubt they would do that one, or evel kneval

I'd love to see something on Playmates in the late 80s/early 90s days. There was a time as a kid where it seemed like every toy I bought was made by them - Ninja Turtles, Darkwing Duck, Talespin, then Star Trek - what a time.

I'd love to see something on Playmates in the late 80s/early 90s days. There was a time as a kid where it seemed like every toy I bought was made by them - Ninja Turtles, Darkwing Duck, Talespin, then Star Trek - what a time.

Their Simpsons line is still one of my faves. Would also love to see a show on the Muppets figures that were released by Palisades

I would love that. I keep saying I need to see this show, but a lot of these toys I didn't grow up with. :(

Back