The Tonner Appreciation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their DC line...not the best.
pla0903-NYCC.TonnerDCStars.jpg

But this deluxe Catwoman is pretty cool:
%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CDC30045lg.jpg

That Belle is amazing and I hate Tonner. Kinda makes me wonder what a Beast would look like to match it.

Adam West looks like a brute in comparison! As an aside, I do have four "Sydney Chase" dolls from Tonner's fashion line. The first two I originally got to pose next to my premium format Bond statues, but I ended up getting another two that happened to be among the harder the find exclusives (makes the hunt more interesting) because quite frankly I found them attractive.

Could be worse. Could have been this:

tonner-batman.jpg

Any other collectors here? And which ones do you own? My best friend is very adamant to get this one when it's released, which should be this month:
belle_bluedress1.jpg

Cloud, you just had to start this thread. :banghead Now every time I see this Belle doll, I want to get it. I think you've sold me on the Disney line (at least some of the core Princesses).:D The DC Stars have more "Misses" than "Hits" though.

Anyone hear of any more info regarding their Who figures? They announced they were doing some way back, and still nothing.

WOW! I can't believe I came across this thread....

Anyone know the value of the Tonner Amidala. From what I read - in like new condition, but has been displayed. Just curious to what you think the value is since I just bought one...

Anyone else own this and have pictures? Anyone have thoughts on the piece. I honestly didn't know it existed until yesterday and decided to pick one up for my fiance. She told me she wanted the Dooku and Asajj statue for Christmas, but I think this will be much cooler. Did I do good?

WOW! I can't believe I came across this thread....

Anyone know the value of the Tonner Amidala. From what I read - in like new condition, but has been displayed. Just curious to what you think the value is since I just bought one...

Anyone else own this and have pictures? Anyone have thoughts on the piece. I honestly didn't know it existed until yesterday and decided to pick one up for my fiance. She told me she wanted the Dooku and Asajj statue for Christmas, but I think this will be much cooler. Did I do good?
She must be rare because I can't find her anywhere online, not even on eBay. Which outfit is she wearing?

That Belle is fantastic. You don't see too many blue dress Belles offered by anybody, and this one hit the ball out of the park. I guess we'll see if the production ones come anywhere close to this.

As for other Tonners, there isn't much that can be said that hasn't been said already. :monkey1

She must be rare because I can't find her anywhere online, not even on eBay. Which outfit is she wearing?

Here's a picture of it. Not mine, but the one the seller directed me to. Just to see what she looked like. According to him she is made of porcelain and is supposed to be 19" tall.

tonner1.jpg

Here's a picture of it. Not mine, but the one the seller directed me to. Just to see what she looked like. According to him she is made of porcelain and is supposed to be 19" tall.

tonner1.jpg

these are not my thing but I like the look of her. I just don't think I could ever get into them.

I thought the Amidala looked nice too, which is why I went with it as a gift over the Dooku and Asajj. I think I may have gotten a pretty good deal on the doll also.

Received the Amidala today and it is HUGE! Let the little lady open it up already too. She's ecstatic.

Thanks guys! Here's a quick comparison pic to show how big it is. I really think this should be considered a grail piece for Padme collectors.

005.jpg

Here's my Premium Format Bonds with the best accessories to possibly pair with them...dates! These are 4 versions of Sydney Chase by Tonner Doll. In L-R order, they are Sydney on the Seine (a Paris Doll Festival Exclusive limited to 150 pieces), Retro Dots Sydney, Byzantine Sydney and Pop Art Beehive Sydney (a London Doll Festival LE also at 150 pieces). The Sydney on the Seine was rather tricky, since I had to source and reunite a nude doll along with a complete but loose outfit from the same set that I won on eBay (for all I know, they might have actually originated from the same doll). This was followed by my first and only ever stint into dolly hair perming and coiffure to restore this doll's distinct bouffant flip.

I didn't really select the dolls to particularly match each of the James Bonds but rather independently chose the ones I really wanted as part of my fashion doll collection, independently from my James Bond collection. However, as far as I'm concerned, in terms of themes and eras I am satisfied how it worked out that each doll made an appropriate match with each of the 007 statues:

Bonds_With_Sydneys.jpg

"A typically different type of collector" referring, of course, to six year old girls.

I'm probably missing something here, being new and all, but exactly what makes action figure collectors so much more sophisticated than Tonner collectors?

I'm probably missing something here, being new and all, but exactly what makes action figure collectors so much more sophisticated than Tonner collectors?

I pity the cute little hands of any six-year old who dares to touch my Tonner collection.

That works surprisingly well! I don't know about the pairing with Tux Connery - that dress looks more '80s and I might have put her with Moore. But they make excellent complements to the PFs.

Here's my Premium Format Bonds with the best accessories to possibly pair with them...dates! These are 4 versions of Sydney Chase by Tonner Doll. In L-R order, they are Sydney on the Seine (a Paris Doll Festival Exclusive limited to 150 pieces), Retro Dots Sydney, Byzantine Sydney and Pop Art Beehive Sydney (a London Doll Festival LE also at 150 pieces). The Sydney on the Seine was rather tricky, since I had to source and reunite a nude doll along with a complete but loose outfit from the same set that I won on eBay (for all I know, they might have actually originated from the same doll). This was followed by my first and only ever stint into dolly hair perming and coiffure to restore this doll's distinct bouffant flip.

I didn't really select the dolls to particularly match each of the James Bonds but rather independently chose the ones I really wanted as part of my fashion doll collection, independently from my James Bond collection. However, as far as I'm concerned, in terms of themes and eras I am satisfied how it worked out that each doll made an appropriate match with each of the 007 statues:

Bonds_With_Sydneys.jpg

Back