THE STRAIN (who will get the licence?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, Mezco sucks! I just watched the first episode tonight and the vampire that was on the plane would have been an awesome NECA figure, or a 1/6 scale figure from one or the big companies.

yeah not so excited considering its mezco. the master would be a great figure! as would alot of other characters and random strigoi, i made a list but not gonna share it do to spoilers. do hope the ratings for tv show do well i really think it needs time to get really good, was like half way into book 1 when it ramps up big time.

shame neca didnt jump on it. perfect fit for them considering the relationship with del torro. randy said on twitter its on their radar but apparently they didnt act fast enough or they werent confident it will be popular. gotta give mezco credit in that regard, taking a chance etc

Just watched the latest episode. Its starting to feel like The Walking Dead but with vampires instead of zombies. Maybe they are trying to improve on the walking dead's formula?. Interested to see what Mezco does with the license, Mezco has produced some nice figures in the past, I just hope they don't make 2000 repaints like they are currently doing with the breaking bad figures.

They got some cred back at SDCC for the new Collective line, Judge Dredd license, a kickass Gus Fring figure and a Grail of mine: Opie from Sons of Anarchy.

the only thing I would ever buy from this show is if someone made a 1/4 scale of the coffin. The vamps are pretty creepy, kind of a mix between 30days of night and Blade 2 in a lot of instances, but would never want one of those vamps in my collection in any format. Might opinion might change when we get introduced to future characters.

Loved the books! Love the show! Love that it got greenlit for season 2!! If Mezco got the license, it's a let down and a definite pass for me.

I'd love it if someone would do a sixth scale version of the old Movie Maniacs/Now Playing/Cult Classics concept. Brand a line that includes one off characters from plenty of movies where only one or maybe two characters matter. Sideshow has started that by showing the Plissken off with the announcements of Beetlejuice and Ash, but if they'd make it a 'line' and pursue it, a vamp from the Strain would be a perfect fit. I don't need five characters from this show, but a cool vamp done at a reasonable price would be a great add to the monster battle display.

a 1/6 line by threezero would be so great! start with Setrakian.... i would be sold no doubt.

Loved the first two books and loathed the third. It was so bad I refused to even finish it.:monkey4
While it didn't go where I felt it should go, and it did not end how I would have liked it to end, I thought it was a solid conclusion nonetheless. I would have liked to have seen another book fill the two year gap. Perhaps the TV show adaptation will fill that void, and/or change things up a bit?

The recent TV show reveal that the Master actually looks like a giant goofball sort of killed my interest in this unfortunately.

Back