THE STRAIN (who will get the licence?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illproxy

Super Freak
Reaction score
trilogy of books, comic, new show on FX comin. wondering who will get the license cuz figs would be so cool!

almost done with the first book now and think its super bad-*** and very cool take on the vampire mythos.

a 1/6 line or some 7inch. Eph, Setrakain, fet, some infected new (strigoi)vamps with wire inside bendable stingers from mouth, older vamps, the master etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Strain
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0nk136ImlM[/ame]
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNhvrVJcBt4[/ame]

Looks interesting for sure, I would have to see the movie to see if its something I would want a figure line from though.

anyone else see the new teaser during the superbowl last night? so stoked for this tv series, im almost done with the second book now. hope a good company picks up the license cuz figures for this will be so great!

i think the translucent plastic technique neca use would be great for older vamps like the master and ancients. if they had some small fibers mixed in with the plastic it would appear like the blood worms writhing beneath the skin on a figure molded with it, would be very very cool.

Haven't heard of this, but it's right down my alley. I'm down for anything vamp related. Is there an official trailer other than that 2nd one you posted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't heard of this, but it's right down my alley. I'm down for anything vamp related. Is there an official trailer other than that 2nd one you posted?

no official trailer yet no, just the teasers. cant find the new one online yet, will post when i do.

its really good, gots to be the best new take on vampire mythos i have ever encountered. and i have loved vampires since i was kid. its got a realistic gritty infection/virus aspect that is fantastic but also has the supernatural element. i cant stress enough how good it is, del torro and chuck hogan nailed it. its new and fresh but has a classic good horror movie feel as well at times.

read the trilogy of books or try the comic adaptation in prep for the show! once you start its hard to stop.

Awesome, I'll have to look into it. I've read the 30 days of night novel and I loved it. Really wish they'd continue this in a movie franchise

The problem is so very few TV shows get licensed for figures. They have to be a big hit on an epic level to do so. And having not seen anything yet, these Venom Vampires don't seem to have what it takes for that.

The problem is so very few TV shows get licensed for figures. They have to be a big hit on an epic level to do so. And having not seen anything yet, these Venom Vampires don't seem to have what it takes for that.

i hope it will be well received on tv, i think it will, i do. judging by appearance like you have done just now then yeah i can see why you would think "don't seem to have what it takes for that". but to understand how original and great it is, gotta go beyond the appearance and into all the details about the virus how it works, the bloodworms that infect the host changing them into a vampire, all those original and cool details that are so far from the twilight/trueblood bs seen these days. proper monsters these vamps. once people who dont read books give it a chance via the show, and get to the goods like that etc i think they wil be hooked, it has the potential to be well received enough for figures.

bump with a reply from neca! :) cool

me- @NECA_TOYS a line of figures by you based on #TheStrain trilogy of books and comin tv show on #FX would be incredible.. just sayin. #vampire

neca- @illproxy on my radar but schedule is jammed & TV is always a risk especially something new

me- @NECA_TOYS i understand,cool to hear its on the radar, thks for reply! translucent plastic with fibers mixed in as bloodworms for vamps ftw!

neca- @illproxy plus I like GDT a lot & he was great to work w/ on Pacific Rim. Class act guy all the way.

Neca would be such a natural fit for this. But I would think they'd only do it if the show is super successful. Which might take a season or two. It took a couple of seasons before anybody would make anything from Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones or Walking Dead. I would think we'd see the same pattern here. Once it's a big, fat hit we should start seeing some licensing heat up.

However, even if it's not a huge hit, given that it's a Del Toro project, I think we can safely assume Sideshow will grab some kind of license. Even if it's for a small edition size, one-off statue. They're tight with GDT. Look at the Pacific Rim love the showed him. and the statues they did for Don't Be Afraid of the Dark and Splice (which he didn't direct, but he shepherded them through his production company.) I would think, even if the show doesn't catch on, it's a good bet Sideshow will do something.

Hopefully a PF of The Master! :pray:

NECA would be outstanding! This series is absolutely phenomenal! Best take on vimpirism-as-a-virus I've ever read, hands down. Since the books/screenplays are so intimate and violently graphic I'm not sure how well this series will fly on TV though. It's right on par with some of the darkest, grittiest material that The Walking Dead comics have served up.

Loved Book 1, liked book 2, was unimpressed with book 3 - I imagine if this series takes off they will do a Game Of Thrones and deviate from the books by the 3rd or 4th season! The designs though look very much to how I imagined them while reading, which is cool!!!

Watched half the pilot. Acting isn't great, which surprised me since Corey Stoll is a great actor. It has the usual cliches like the stewardess opening a hole when she's clearly been told there's something down there...I did this with that ****e show The Leftovers, I dunno will I stick with this.

Watched half the pilot. Acting isn't great, which surprised me since Corey Stoll is a great actor. It has the usual cliches like the stewardess opening a hole when she's clearly been told there's something down there...I did this with that ****e show The Leftovers, I dunno will I stick with this.

Agree. The scene with the flight attendants reveled the Master to soon. In the book the plane just lands and you don't know what really happen until several chapters in. Way more creepy. Also agree with you about the acting being weak, especially the actress playing Nora. she was very wooden. Overall I still enjoy it.

Ugh, Mezco sucks! I just watched the first episode tonight and the vampire that was on the plane would have been an awesome NECA figure, or a 1/6 scale figure from one or the big companies.

Back