The Spectacular Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JABBATHERIDGE

Super Freak
Reaction score
A big thanks to Redwing for finding this piece of information and artwork.

Seems the WB have finally unveilled their first artwork from the long promised new Spider-Man cartoon and it looks pretty decent.

Judging from the villains in the artwork, we're gonna see Sandman, Vulture, Doc Ock and possibly Electro in the first season.

Here's a link to the story

https://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=5894

Hopefully this Spidey toons in the right hands, since he's had a bit of a chequered career in animation in the past. I'm confident it will be as the WB do a good job with most of their superhero cartoons so hopefully they'll get it right.

I'm also hoping someone posts episodes up on YouTube so I actually get to watch this thing sooner rather than later.

Looks good to me!

kidswbspidey.jpg

Rory, you're becoming a 'Collector Freak', soon you won't like anything. :D

The ill Jedi said:
Looks good to me!

kidswbspidey.jpg

Rory, you're becoming a 'Collector Freak', soon you won't like anything. :D[
I feel I must comment on your accusation.

Recent things I have disliked.

Ultimate Fury-

Reason = IM not an Ultimate movie plus I did not grow up with an Ultimate Fury.

Anime Cartoons

Reason= I miss a different style. Everything on TV looks like *****en Pikachu and I am sick of it.

I think that's it. ...

No wait.

Buffy Collector

Reason= That kid is a waste of space and that is not hot.

:D

I think they're going more for the look of the Ultimate Spider-Man comics rather than an anime look, but I'm cool with whatever.

Just as long as they don't repeat that abortion of a CGI cartoon from MTV that came out just after the first movie:lol

El Roranous said:
I hate how every cartoon has to look anime now. Give me something different. BARF!

They do that cause' kids in market research seem to like it (especially since Poke'mons boom in the 90's)

BUT I don't think this looks like anime. It's the people who did "The Batman" and my problem with them was they made the villains look like suck. Joker with dreads? Emo/Goth Riddler? I did however like Jackie Chan Adventures which they also did.

I didn't like the look of the villains in The Batman either PBK, but after a few episodes with them in you kinda get used to it.

I think they realised how badly they'd screwed up The Joker in season one and changed his outfit for the second season onwards.

Hopefully the Spider-Villains will be treated with more respect.

The 1990's Spider-man animated series was one of the best cartoon series ever!I'm still waiting for the DVD sets!

Bardoon said:
The 1990's Spider-man animated series was one of the best cartoon series ever!I'm still waiting for the DVD sets!

Loved it! I never got into the Mtv series, can't judge it. I'll give this a chance though, The Batman had things I liked and disliked. More dislike. But in the end, it's hard NOT to compare The Batman to Batman:Animated Series, the best animated series ever, and that's unfair. I liked Batman's design though.

Spider-man's been done to death. It's time to do a cartoon of the true Arachnid hero:

29qnzbt.jpg

Hopefully this is good, or at very least hopefully I like it (since it doesn't have to be good for me to like it :lol). I like The Batman all right (watch it every Sat. morning before I go to work) so hopefully I'll enjoy this too. I defintely agree that the new take on the villains in The Batman is not something I like. It also bugged me at first that the way Bruce Wayne is drawn makes me think of Tom Cruise.

This series it seems has been in development for years. :rolleyes:

With Greg Weisman as supervising producer on this series, I will definitely be checking this out. He's by far one of best in the "animated" world.

Back