The Spawn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this Raven spawn couple days ago, figure looks great but I tried paint like old variant Raven spawn.

Attachments

• aviary-image-1630683349625.jpeg
    aviary-image-1630683349625.jpeg
    217.4 KB · Views: 97
  • aviary-image-1630683439704.jpeg
    aviary-image-1630683439704.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 98
Todd McFarlane's Spawn Film Embraces Hollywood Wokeness

Oh boy... Todd seems to be in tune with his fans/collectors on the comic side and toys/merch side. But his "upcoming" Spawn film.... :slap

Has he set a record yet for longest film in "development/preproduction"?? How many times has he said he had a script and he was excited to soon be moving forward. Every time he talks about some "new" aspect of his Spawn movie, I just think to myself...:nono

With talk like this, he's gonna rub the majority of his fans the wrong way. I'm pretty sure fans want his version of Spawn, not someone else's version because of diverseness..

Doesn't sound like a huge leap from what Todd's been saying the last few years, e.g. wanting to focus on Twitch and having Spawn as a mysterious force that plays in his world.

Personally, I think there's a difference between being patronizing or preachy (what many call "woke") and telling a grounded story about reality as it is. If he wants to go for a gritty piece that focuses more on Spawn's world and that story involves cops, crime, and government corruption, some component of that would probably be affected by Simmons being black. That doesn't necessarily mean the film is about Simmons' experience as a black man.

If it is, then yeah, they've lost sight of the IP. It was a factor that made the character more meaningful, yes (especially around the time the comic launched), but it wasn't the focal point.

For all we know, Todd is just saying this to score points because he's more plugged into the Twittersphere than the circles frequented by fans of old IPs. I agree that if that's the case, it's not smart business. He may be able to score producers, but he won't sell as many tickets.

I wonder when the medieval spawn kickstarter will start. I thought it was going to be this year but I guess it isn't... so far.

Oh dang the new Cy-Gor looks sick!
As a long time supporter of Mcfarlane toys, I can’t push myself to buy these new figures. The plastic they currently use is cheap. The paint apps are lacking what Mcfarlane once excelled in. I have been a long time Spawn fan, but Todd should really put better effort into his baby. Leave the cheap plastic and bad paint apps to his DC line. Spawn should be treated with more respect.

I had two RAH Spawn figs at different points and they both had decaying cloaks and deteriorating suits. The materials that RAH uses are pretty bad in the long term.

I wonder when the medieval spawn kickstarter will start. I thought it was going to be this year but I guess it isn't... so far.
I wonder if his new Spawn line is meant to take the place of the Kickstarters he was planning. But yeah, it would be cool to see a 2021 take on Medieval Spawn.

This thread is a trip. How many here were active on the Spawn.com forums back in the day? As much as these new releases have me waxing nostalgic, it's hard investing in more versions of the same MOC figures I still have, holed up in storage, unseen in more than a decade, even though it's exactly what I was asking for when Todd quit making them before. I was so excited to get the first Color Tops fig, displayed it for a week, been in a box (along with the Marvel Angela) ever since. Hell, the comic title is still in my pull box at the shop...haven't read any of the issues I bought in over a year. Guess I need to get with the program.

This thread is a trip. How many here were active on the Spawn.com forums back in the day? As much as these new releases have me waxing nostalgic, it's hard investing in more versions of the same MOC figures I still have, holed up in storage, unseen in more than a decade, even though it's exactly what I was asking for when Todd quit making them before. I was so excited to get the first Color Tops fig, displayed it for a week, been in a box (along with the Marvel Angela) ever since. Hell, the comic title is still in my pull box at the shop...haven't read any of the issues I bought in over a year. Guess I need to get with the program.
I never posted in the Spawn forums, but I lurked for many years. I used to collect Spawn toys from around 1997 to 2007, and then boxed everything up. I stopped reading sometime after issue 200 as well.
At this point, I want one good Spawn in my collection, which as of now is the Kickstarter modern version. The new regular releases don't do much for me, though I'd love to see a new Commando Spawn, which I then might get to rotate with the other one whenever I feel like it.

I never posted in the Spawn forums, but I lurked for many years. I used to collect Spawn toys from around 1997 to 2007, and then boxed everything up. I stopped reading sometime after issue 200 as well.
At this point, I want one good Spawn in my collection, which as of now is the Kickstarter modern version. The new regular releases don't do much for me, though I'd love to see a new Commando Spawn, which I then might get to rotate with the other one whenever I feel like it.
Maybe the upcoming Spawn figure is what you're after:
1641691988237.png

1641693797497.png

It looks like the body is based on MK Spawn with some new sculpts added in. The ones noticeable are, right boots, thigh pouches, the mid skull, right hand spikes and the cape. Also the fig maybe upscaled as well to match the rest of the Spawn line.

Last edited:
Maybe the upcoming Spawn figure is what you're after:

It looks like the body is based on MK Spawn with some new sculpts added in. The ones noticeable are, right boots, thigh pouches, the mid skull, right hand spikes and the cape. Also the fig maybe upscaled as well to match the rest of the Spawn line.

I'm not a big fan of that actually honestly. I can't quite place it, but I think the MK body seems too scrawny to me.

I'm actually super happy with my modified kickstarter Spawn. I still want to do some repainting here and there, but I'm not in a rush.

IMG_7977_2_small.jpg

IMG_7970_3_small.jpg

Back