The Spawn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Fives. Hope you you're able to get some. Be sure to post pics when you do.

Thanks! Like i said, i have viking spawn, curse of spawn and raven spawn on the way. I remember when i had viking years ago and thinking it was the coolest figure ever so im excited to be getting him again.

Medieval Spawn from Series 20 is amazing as well.

Yeah i saw it a while ago on ebay and its great, since i dont wanna go overboard with my expenses im thinking about getting 1 or 2 figures a month till i build up a pretty decent spawn collection.

Finally Arrived....
5ce6c6b316b4856af7a084a56c169ebd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nice work on that repaint, Reinhardt.

I received my modern & classic 2-pack yesterday, these are finally starting to hit Europe.
It's really a great figure! I'm happy to finally have a proper shoelace hamburger head, and the articulation works well without taking away from the aesthetics.
This is my first Spawn/McFarlane figure since ~2007, and I'm really happy that I picked him up.

I only had a quick glimpse at the classic so far - I'll be keeping the masked sculpt, the sword, and the rifle, and then sell him eventually with the Simmons and screaming head.

I'm still not a big fan of the cape (love the collar and shoulders though), so I'll look into replacing the portion below the shoulders somehow, perhaps with real cloth. I also want to add some articulated chains, and perhaps touch up the paint here and there. All in due time though, for now I'm just enjoying him as is. :)

IMG_5591_2_small.jpg

Thanks man.

Very nice Kickstarter figure indeed. Congrats on him finally arriving. The modern outfit is my favorite as well and I might end up selling the classic too. The cape looks beautiful but limits almost anything you want to do. Look forward to seeing what kind of repaint you do. At a minimum, I will likely whiten up the M.
Nice work on that repaint, Reinhardt.

I received my modern & classic 2-pack yesterday, these are finally starting to hit Europe.
It's really a great figure! I'm happy to finally have a proper shoelace hamburger head, and the articulation works well without taking away from the aesthetics.
This is my first Spawn/McFarlane figure since ~2007, and I'm really happy that I picked him up.

I only had a quick glimpse at the classic so far - I'll be keeping the masked sculpt, the sword, and the rifle, and then sell him eventually with the Simmons and screaming head.

I'm still not a big fan of the cape (love the collar and shoulders though), so I'll look into replacing the portion below the shoulders somehow, perhaps with real cloth. I also want to add some articulated chains, and perhaps touch up the paint here and there. All in due time though, for now I'm just enjoying him as is. :)

View attachment 511725

Yeah I like the whitening of the M that you did on your other figures, so I will probably do the same. Then I'm thinking of darkening the cape to a darker shade as usually found on the older figures, but that depends on what I end up doing with the rest of it.

I get the nod to the original figure, but the shape of his cape is just not something befitting to Spawn IMO. It's too uniformly spread out somehow, lacking the "attitude" it should have. And like you mentioned, it really limits posing options. I'm using a stand primarily because the cape extends below his feet, which makes him lean forward slightly if not using a stand.

Finally pushed myself to wire up the chain, freakin hard to do

Looks great, shadow_wolf!

The cape on the kickstarter bothered me quite a bit, so I decided to remove it. Then I separated the collar/shoulder part from the rest - it's two pieces by design, but I had to undo some glue to achieve it - and put the shoulder piece back on.
I ordered a fabric cape today, probably the same you are using, shadow_wolf. My ideal plan is to go mixed media with the cape: keep the part as in the shot below, and add wired fabric underneath so I can pose it to my liking. Will see what the wired cape is like once I receive it.
Also got my old Clown IV out of storage, he makes for a great companion piece on display!

IMG_5622_small.jpg

Looks great, shadow_wolf!

The cape on the kickstarter bothered me quite a bit, so I decided to remove it. Then I separated the collar/shoulder part from the rest - it's two pieces by design, but I had to undo some glue to achieve it - and put the shoulder piece back on.
I ordered a fabric cape today, probably the same you are using, shadow_wolf. My ideal plan is to go mixed media with the cape: keep the part as in the shot below, and add wired fabric underneath so I can pose it to my liking. Will see what the wired cape is like once I receive it.
Also got my old Clown IV out of storage, he makes for a great companion piece on display!

View attachment 512214

Thanks guys!

Looking forward to your customized KS modern Spawn

I picked up 12" Commando Spawn last week.
Looks really nice figure/statue
I just add LED inside of green effect Part.

Attachments

• IMG_20210502_211945_313.jpg
    IMG_20210502_211945_313.jpg
    533.2 KB · Views: 26
With this rejuvenation of Spawn figures, are we going to get more Spawn media? Im dying for more of that animated series or even a reboot.

That movie is supposedly coming at some point soon.

I?m shocked at the lack of Spawn stuff in general the last what, 20 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back