The Spawn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine just showed up out of the blue today while I was out for hours, great work Todd. I don't live in a nice area, luckily the enormous box was still on my porch when I got home. Some notification with tracking number would've been appreciated even though this was the least expensive kickstarter option.
Don't have the time to take everything out completely, just enough to look at the figure, looks great!

Yeah!

Congrats man. Now bring on Medieval Spawn!
Mine just showed up out of the blue today while I was out for hours, great work Todd. I don't live in a nice area, luckily the enormous box was still on my porch when I got home. Some notification with tracking number would've been appreciated even though this was the least expensive kickstarter option.
Don't have the time to take everything out completely, just enough to look at the figure, looks great!

Man, Todd really did go all out on the packing for this thing.

I wasn't gonna open it until I ultimately decided if I was gonna keep it or just sell it, but a few collectors online reported getting the wrong figure in the correct shipping cartons. Read 2 people claim that after backing only the Classic (like I did), they received the wrong figure. In the correct classic labeled outer and inner shipping boxing one said was a Modern figure and another said he got an Artist Proof figure. That would totally suck.

So, 2 heavy duty thick cardboard boxes, inner and outer, with the inner card board box having heavy duty plastic corner separators. Then the inner box has the damn annoying tissue paper wrapping with a cardboard protector on top and bottom... That paper wrapping makes it near impossible to get back in the box again without it tearing to pieces..:gah:

My DX series Hot Toys and SS Premium Format Statues have NEVER been packed and shipped this well!! :lol Now I know why shipping was $17.

Didn't actually remove anything from the fancy box, just wanted a peek at the figure. But damn after seeing this thing, not sure how I can sell it...

Man, Todd really did go all out on the packing for this thing.

I wasn't gonna open it until I ultimately decided if I was gonna keep it or just sell it, but a few collectors online reported getting the wrong figure in the correct shipping cartons. Read 2 people claim that after backing only the Classic (like I did), they received the wrong figure. In the correct classic labeled outer and inner shipping boxing one said was a Modern figure and another said he got an Artist Proof figure. That would totally suck.

So, 2 heavy duty thick cardboard boxes, inner and outer, with the inner card board box having heavy duty plastic corner separators. Then the inner box has the damn annoying tissue paper wrapping with a cardboard protector on top and bottom... That paper wrapping makes it near impossible to get back in the box again without it tearing to pieces..:gah:

My DX series Hot Toys and SS Premium Format Statues have NEVER been packed and shipped this well!! :lol Now I know why shipping was $17.

Didn't actually remove anything from the fancy box, just wanted a peek at the figure. But damn after seeing this thing, not sure how I can sell it...

Never heard a flipper ***** so much about looking to see if the order was right.

Never heard a flipper ***** so much about looking to see if the order was right.

First off, your an idiot. I was praising how well it was packaged for a $40 action figure compared to other collectibles costing in the $100's.

Second, A flipper? Seriously?

Where the **** did you get that from? I bought 1. I didn't buy multiples. I bought 1 classic Spawn to add to the 100 or so other Spawn figures I own. And the Spawn comics I own from day one consisting of issue 1 to somewhere in the 100's until after 16 years or so of collecting comics I stopped cause, well, I bought a house... priorities.

If you paid $57 for an item that people are currently willing to pay in the neighborhood of $150, and didn't even for a moment consider selling it and debating if you really needed it to add to your collection of hundreds of other collectibles, then you are the disillusioned one, not me.

By the way, love your -1 feedback. Stand up guy we got here.

Effin scalpers... LOL

So I'm embarrassed to say that I just started reading the spawn comics. I am about 13 issues in and it is fantastic. I have been somewhat obsessed with Spawn, but it has really been because of the figures and the animated HBO series. I'm just afraid that I will want even more of the figures as I learn more about all the characters. And I already have over 50 Spawn figures already...

Maybe not written very well, but highly entertaining. Plus the artwork is fantastic. I'm also amazed at how closely the animated series has followed the issues so far.

Just picked this up. Honestly, McFarlane figures from back in the day were crazy detailed.

IMG_6416.jpg

Just received my Mortal Kombat Spawn figure(s), and wow it's just fantastic! Really like the detail, paint, and sculpt, it's a great representation of Spawn.

Would love to see the KS figures have widespread releases.

Just received my Mortal Kombat Spawn figure(s), and wow it's just fantastic! Really like the detail, paint, and sculpt, it's a great representation of Spawn.

Would love to see the KS figures have widespread releases.

Awesome! I just got notification from BBTS that the Spawn 12" mortal kombat figure came in stock. So hopefully I should get it in a couple of weeks.

Hell yeah Raven Spawn FTW!!!, I couldn't remember the original paint scheme (which I am starting to miss after looking at your pic), I repainted mine long ago :p

2021-04-01-11-04-26.jpg

Love your repaint! I actually repainted mine a bit too - added the metal chains, added all the gold bits, and a few other touchups.

That red Raven repaint Spawn looks cool. I remember being tempted back to Spawn by that one, held out.

I just came back from Target, they had the new reg. Mandarin Spawn. Couldn't get it now because they also had the new Warhammer figures, couldn't resist the Blood Angel Primaris.

Got my 12" mortal kombat spawn in. It looks great. Some comments

-it's truer to 12" tall, and therefore looks small compared to most of the other 12" spawn figures. In the pic below, he's standing toe to toe with the other spawn because i have him sitting on a book.
-he leans a bit back on the base. I need to prop him up with a piece of paper. i wonder if it's just mine.
-he doesn't have his gun yet because i am planning on doing some repainting of the gun and the figure itself.

IMG_2391.jpg
IMG_2394.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2392.jpg
    IMG_2392.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 52
Back