The Sideshow ** GI JOE ** Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where the line should be drawn:

Unlike Indiana Jones :)lecture), GIJIOE does deserve its OWN FORUM.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Gi Joe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Indiana Jones

We should all start praying now that Trevor is on the G I Joe task force!

If they make something like this I'm in!!!

ninjawhitefull.jpg

This is custom made by Ironcross Hunter.

yep....something like that...:rock

If they make something like this I'm in!!!

ninjawhitefull.jpg

This is custom made by Ironcross Hunter.

That is sick looking! And I agree something like that would be too good to be true :rock

Now I'm not an aficionado when it comes to GI Joe, but could you have Cobra Commander come with both a hooded mask and face mask? Not sure if there were huge differences in his attire depending on which he would wear?

And if they did a hood I wonder if it could have a wire all along the bottom and maybe one or two running across it to help give it shape? That way you could get some pretty dynamic poses similar to Qui Gonn's Poncho.

All I really want is the triumverate of evil.

Classic Cobra Commander (both hood and mask are a must), Zartan, and Destro (either classic or Iron Grenadier versions.)

Exclusive Cobra Commander could come with his cape and staff from the beginning of the movie. And maybe his snake version from the end, with little arms to hold onto Roadblock!!

And an expansion pack for Zartan to have some extra faces and his swamphopper.

You definitely need a Hooded CC and a Masked CC. I'm afraid they'll make one and make the other the exclusive. The Hooded has much more of a regal feel:

cobra-commander-20060606085057182-000.jpg

The Mask has more of a combative feel:

C1P120038.jpg

The difference are slight but I think each deserves its own figure.

It's a shame Andy's gone for this one.

Andy B's G.I. Joe work....

Firefly
https://www.absculpture.com/firefly.htm

firefly_big1.jpg

:google :google :google :google

I know this was for another company but if this is the kind of quality we can expect in SS's GI Joe brand I could NOT be more ecstatic!

The possibilites are mindblowing. Almost every Joe is just so visually dynamic, most would thrive in both 1/6 scale and PF format. I definitely prefer the silver mask CC but would probably take either one.

Snake Eyes on the other hand is trickier. I really hope they go with the 1985 offering as that is my favorite design for any figure in any line, any era. If they start with the original 1982 I'd have to pass.

Other than him bring on a SS Snow Job! Bring on Zartan with multiple masks, bring on Firefly, Dusty, Blowtorch, Duke, and Beach Head! Its really quite scary when you think about it. Even with the popularity of Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow and Zartan its not like GI Joe was ever like SW with five or six main characters and a bunch of background players. EVERYONE can be a main character, depending on the designs you like or who you loved as a kid. This good be a very, very deep and successful line. *fingers crossed*

Last edited:
Agreed. I might have to sell some stuff off to make room and afford all the pieces from this line!!!

I hope SS can somehow impliment Hasbro's original card art into the packaging. Not a deal breaker by any means but man would that be sweet.

I hope SS can somehow impliment Hasbro's original card art into the packaging. Not a deal breaker by any means but man would that be sweet.

Awesome idea !!!!

I started collecting Gi Joe as my first collecting hobby. I quit collecting Gi Joe to collect Sideshow/Hot Toys.....so this is great news to see sideshow get the joe license. If they make Beach Head products, then I am in! :)

I HAVE THIS MINI-BUST, IT'S AWESOME! :rock

Cobra Commander might have an SSC Exclusive be perhaps another head (the hooded or faceplate version)? In the original RAH figures (and seen in the 25th figures as well), CC's "Faceplate" outfit is a light blue while his "Hooded" outfit is a navy blue....perhaps we'll be seeing different versions? Who knows?

I'd really like to see the upcoming Snake-Eyes based on v2 SE (the "knight visor" one that came with Timber) as he is the definitive look for me...even over the original "Commando" SE. But we'll see...I'm excited regardless!!!!

You got me Sideshow...I stayed away from your figure lines but now you definitely got me with G.I. Joe! :rotfl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back