The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate the shots-three myself. Two in elbows and one shoulder. They worked great eps. the shoulder as I could not move it,

Quick drop in to day, today is six months to the day I got sick from food poisoning, that almost killed me, and got me started on my new fitness food and walking program. I think Phase One is over. Time to start Phase Two.

I am still hovering around 200 pounds,(I started out around 230) but my legs are in tight shape now. I walk hard every morning, and I can hack a lot of heat and push now. I got out this week and cleaned our yard in two days, in 95 degree plus heat, with breaks and lots of water of course, but NO WAY I could have done that last year. So, progress is happening.

Now, to ramp it up, add to my walks and routine, and lose down to my ultimate/ideal weight goal of 160. I can, and I will, but I know from today, that I have a lot to do.

Let me say this, when you get close to 50, it is HARD to lose weight! But, I will persevere.
Feeling much better lately. Just wanted to step in and update on my progress. Six months out and steady, lowered weight is not too shabby! But, I want better.

Really happy for you Les.

Keep up the great work. :hi5:

I just had my back to the tv and heard an infomercial saying all you have to do to loose weight is eat food, really good food.:thud:

Quick drop in to day, today is six months to the day I got sick from food poisoning, that almost killed me, and got me started on my new fitness food and walking program. I think Phase One is over. Time to start Phase Two.

I am still hovering around 200 pounds,(I started out around 230) but my legs are in tight shape now. I walk hard every morning, and I can hack a lot of heat and push now. I got out this week and cleaned our yard in two days, in 95 degree plus heat, with breaks and lots of water of course, but NO WAY I could have done that last year. So, progress is happening.

Now, to ramp it up, add to my walks and routine, and lose down to my ultimate/ideal weight goal of 160. I can, and I will, but I know from today, that I have a lot to do.

Let me say this, when you get close to 50, it is HARD to lose weight! But, I will persevere.
Feeling much better lately. Just wanted to step in and update on my progress. Six months out and steady, lowered weight is not too shabby! But, I want better.

Sorry, I went back a few days back to catch up and read this. I giggled like a 12 yr old. And sorry Les about the mental picture of you walking through your neighborhood being waved at by the couple on their front pourch with your 'good morning' waving back.

Hey fellas! Been away for a little while. Still hovering at 165, but yesterday I got 40 minutes of running followed by 3 Five Minute rounds of sparring, followed by 30 more minutes of cardio.

Got 3 hours tonight... 1st hour is Yoga, 2nd hour is Monkey Bar Gym, and 3rd hour is Krav Maga level 1. Gonna crash hard tonight!!

Ok ski,

took some time and looked over your nutrition plan. Looking at different ways of calculating my daily maintance (bought a book, book of muscle) and using the calculation it is around 2,400-2,500 calories a day. so to build muscle I am looking at around 2,900-3,000 calories a day. I took a look at the plan you set up for me. Do I just follow that daily and for how long? Also once I get the diet down do you suggest any certain workout routine (ie follow the route from The book of muscle)?

Also the book of muscle is saying to focus more on carbs to build muscle rather than protein. Looking at the nutrition thing you set up for me it is heavy on proteins does it matter which way I really go? (obviously I would rather listen to someone I know and seen results than a mass produced book).

Also since these will be building workouts, when do you think I should do a cut diet/workout? I was reading after about 6 months of lifting do a cut. Thanks

Last edited:
I have been away too long. I am working out as usual and it came in handy today as I had to be stong to save my butt from getting crushed.

I still lost a bit with both hands in bandages but they will heal.

I have been away too long. I am working out as usual and it came in handy today as I had to be stong to save my butt from getting crushed.

I still lost a bit with both hands in bandages but they will heal.

What happened????

Glade your training came in handy but sorry to hear that you are injured.

Here wishing you a quick recovery.

What happened????

Glade your training came in handy but sorry to hear that you are injured.

Here wishing you a quick recovery.

I was taking stuff up to the attic and one of the boxes gave out with the weight and tried to take me with it. Sucked but got over it.

That's a strip club right?

:lol:lol:lol
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I went out and bought some new supplements today. Just got some protein powder (Syntha 6), some creatine (Kre-Alkalyn 1500) and some glutamine (pure L-Glutamine powder).

I'm curious if this will really help at all though. I'm not looking to get huge or anything, but I just like taking some stuff to feed my body whenever I'm exercising a decent amount every week. I have been taking this supplement called "Beta K" which is 1500mg of Beta Alanine and 1500mg of Kre-Alkalyn..... According to Skiman, the Beta Alanine is what gives me a nice "pump" and great feeling of extended endurance and less fatigue... But the store didn't carry the "Beta K" so I just picked up Kre-Alkalyn, since I didn't want to spend another $40 on a seperate bottle of Beta Alanine...... Whatcha think Ski? :naughty

Creatine will definitely work while you're on it. For me it never held. Once I cycled off I'd revert a little. I'm also prone to cramping and creatine really exacerbates that in me. Trying it and being in tune to how your body is responding is the key to any supplement. You can't go wrong with the branched chains and the protein though. I've switched over to the AMP Extreme Wheybolic to take care of my protein and BCAAs in one drink. I like it so far.

Ok meat heads!

My freelance is almost over....so I'm gonna get back on track here.

I made a goal of losing 40 pound by Oct 20th of this year. I wanted to see if this is possible. What u guys think?

anything is possible if you put your mind to it and don't give up.

I'm down to around 192 and looking to be around 185 for SDCC.

That will be the lowest I have weighed in over 15 years.

anything is possible if you put your mind to it and don't give up.

I'm down to around 192 and looking to be around 185 for SDCC.

That will be the lowest I have weighed in over 15 years.

:rock Good job man. The best feeling is when you notice your pants start falling off and you need to tighten the belt.

~~I haven't really been doing much other than maintaining, but I'm doing a lot more cardio now and I noticed my strength is starting to slip a little bit. I've been doing about 45 minutes twice a day on the treadmill and so far I've lost 6 pounds in the last 2 weeks without cutting any corners with the diet. I'm at 214 now and I want to get down to 165-170 before the end of the year.

Awesome!!!!!

Altho I don't really have time to go to the gym twice a day! But I'm gonna start going every day do 45 mins of cardio and pump some iron. I really wanna make my arms smaller...cuz this is my biggest complex. :(

Back