The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has become a tired city (ATX) and a backwards state it also shall remain.

Well I guess the grass is always greener....I'm sick of Cali haha! Awesome. That you'll be working there, I think you will love it. Check out Pasadena golds sometime too, great place to workout

Well I guess the grass is always greener....I'm sick of Cali haha! Awesome. That you'll be working there, I think you will love it. Check out Pasadena golds sometime too, great place to workout

It makes sense for both my spouse and I. I look forward to a new adventure. I don't like staying in 1 place too long. Especially a boring place. Cheers. I'll be checking a few areas for sure.

Didn't you bought a house some time ago? And a business in producing movie or something? Seem like a big change.

Didn't you bought a house some time ago? And a business in producing movie or something? Seem like a big change.

It's not a big change for this family. We are in film and television... we did buy a house. Great thing about buying stuff, you can sell it! Who knew. :)

Texas is a weird state and not what most people think- partly maybe cuz its so big. You want flat grasslands? got em. Mountains? them too. Lakes and forrests? yep. Tropics and Palm Trees? Yep, an island too. I surprised a Japanese friend once when I showed him a pic of us buried in snow. Lol he thought we were all desert and cactus. Well, partly true but even deserts get cold.

Congrats on the move Buffy! No more tornadoes! Watch out for them fault lines tho :wink1:

I haven't lost any substantial weight thus far, probably going on 5lbs. It's a bit tough since I only have time for cardio three times a week and I eat a lot of calories to maintain the mass I got. Now my wife has me taking some fat burning supplements like fish oil and some other stuff. I do see some slight changes, like I'm getting my old vascularity back and my cut lines in my abs are inching their way back too, but not washboard level yet.

Even though I'm kinda in a cut phase now, I am actually still getting stronger. Able to control my bench press a bit easier and I'm adding in a few extra reps in pullups.

Thanks. I'm hoping to be at least 160 even tomorrow. Although I'm not a religious scale user since it lies to you.

I did shoulders today and it's first time in awhile I feel like I did a good one. I changed some stuff up. How I was doing lateral raises never felt right as I have some calcium build up in my right shoulder from when I was younger. So instead of keeping the arms out with a slight bend, I did them with my arms bent 90 degrees. My mid delts are fried now.

Awesome! Yeah as we get older we gotta play with angles and find a position that hurts the least haha! Shoulders is always a painful day for me too...I did legs last night, love leg day

I worked Chest and Legs yesterday. I don't think I specifically mentioned it but I have some kinda meniscus issue in my left knee, which may be a tear but didn't show up in the MRI. I was doing therapy for a few weeks and now I'm doing it at home. I went with medium weight on it yesterday and I don't have any issues. It feels like it's getting better, but there still bouts of uncomfortable feelings in it. I really would like to not get a surgery and just deal with some soreness frankly.

I started a meal prep for the weeks inspired from a buddy of mine he lost 25lbs I already eat healthy slip up every once in a while but now I eat organized. I already feel different, I cook a weeks worth of meals on Sunday nights.

Snake! Yes I'd say avoid surgery, that's what I've been doing with my herniated discs and messed up shoulders and tendons...I've learned to listen to my body. Bgnyc that's great man! It's all about diet...I mean to look your best, keep us updated with your progress

I never really posted in this thread before; probably on account of me not doing **** for most of my life, but I figured "**** it." I've developed enough of a healthy lifestyle that I can insert myself into the conversation.:lol Since last year, I just decided it was time for a change. Honestly, it wasn't anything dramatic. I started walking my dog, then I started exploring the neighborhood with him, and, before I knew it, I was walking a mile and a half with him every night. I quit drinking regular pop, though I have developed an affinity for Diet Mountain Dew, though I try to drink three bottles of water for every glass of it I have, I still eat what I want, mostly, but I've also found that my tastes changed significantly since I actually started trying different things.

If somebody'd have told me 5 years ago that the way to get me to eat a salad was to eat it with fruit in it, I'd have told them they were full of ****.:lol Anyway, I'm down to 223, as of my last weigh in, having lost 74 lbs since my last visit to the doctor over a year ago. My goal weight is around 190, so, I've still got a ways to go, but I've already noticed a significant shift in my self-esteem, self-image, and, frankly, my capabilities. I ran my first mile without stopping tonight, so, that made me kind of happy.

Last edited:
Back