The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love going to Crossfit. You can still be big and do Crossfit. There's a couple big guys that go to my gym, and they're much stronger than they look.

I guess I'll give it a shot then. A friend of mine who goes there has been telling me to give it a try. He says it will work different muscles that I normally wouldn't hit at Gold's Gym. After all it's nice to change around the workout and see what different results you can come up with.

I guess I'll give it a shot then. A friend of mine who goes there has been telling me to give it a try. He says it will work different muscles that I normally wouldn't hit at Gold's Gym. After all it's nice to change around the workout and see what different results you can come up with.

It is not going to bulk you up to bodybuilder proportions, but it does work your muscles in a different way. Great strength/cardio workout all in one. If you mix a couple crossfit classes in with your normal workouts, I think you will like the results. Let us know how it goes.

Ok, you really lost it this time. That or you want to look like the singer from the boardwalk and you're not telling us.

:lol off to do shoulders and tri's....

It's just a OST that I listen to at the gym dwing, I'll flip over to my phone and post it here. while I'm there. :D

Ski

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOkZICCC3fY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Sent from my SkiPCS8100 using Skiatalk

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DfYLar2QGI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

just ordered my first bike ever . i have a long road ahead of me

F1FDBCF5-48CD-4E4C-9306-F5864FBC69B3-2030-0000023BE35392D6.jpg

So i'm going to be joining a Gym shortly.

I was in Ireland visting some family, sitting around watching Tele and there was this 40 slimmed down celebrities MTV show. I NEVER watch this crap but i was bored and there was nothing else on.

So after watching that i felt i could use some toning, not only that but taking me nephews to a park was an eye opener as i couldn't do one monkey bar :lol

My objective is threefold...

1. Improve overall fitness
2. Tone my torso flat and defined
3. Be able to do pullups

So pretty much my whole life i've been encouraged to eat as much junk food as possible as i have an illness that prevents absorbtion of nutrients and i must eat as much as i can to sustain my weight and health. Even now as an adult with much improved heatlth i can very rarely gain weight, i usually maintain at best.

So when doing fitness excersises like swimming and Running and Rowing and Cylcing and so on i'm gonna be losing weight which i don't want too.

As i said my diet consists alot of junk food like crisps, sweets, fizzy drinks. For dinners i usually have Mash and a meat (stew, mince, chicke, gammon) veg wise it'd generally be carrots.

So my question are...

Can i get toned and improve my fitness without losing too much weight?

Will keeping the above type of diet impede my ability to get toned and defined on my torso?

Last edited:
So i'm going to be joining a Gym shortly.

I was in Ireland visting some family, sitting around watching Tele and there was this 40 slimmed down celebrities MTV show. I NEVER watch this crap but i was bored and there was nothing else on.

So after watching that i felt i could use some toning, not only that but taking me nephews to a park was an eye opener as i couldn't do one monkey bar :lol

My objective is threefold...

1. Improve overall fitness
2. Tone my torso flat and defined
3. Be able to do pullups

So pretty much my whole life i've been encouraged to eat as much junk food as possible as i have an illness that prevents absorbtion of nutrients and i must eat as much as i can to sustain my weight and health. Even now as an adult with much improved heatlth i can very rarely gain weight, i usually maintain at best.

So when doing fitness excersises like swimming and Running and Rowing and Cylcing and so on i'm gonna be losing weight which i don't want too.

As i said my diet consists alot of junk food like crisps, sweets, fizzy drinks. For dinners i usually have Mash and a meat (stew, mince, chicke, gammon) veg wise it'd generally be carrots.

So my question are...

Can i get toned and improve my fitness without losing too much weight?

Will keeping the above type of diet impede my ability to get toned and defined on my torso?

Congrats on your objectives and decision buddy! With cardio exercises like running, swimming, you're going to be burning a lot of calories and ultimately lose weight. But with your current diet now, you'll be reversing all the positive effects of exercising with the junk in those foods. I'm not sure about your illness, but is it absolutely crucial to maintain junk food? What would be ideal for you is to increase your water intake to around 3-4 litres a day, and cut out all that fizzy crap. I don't drink any alcohol, soft drinks, caffeine, because I feel like it just does a detrimental effect on my body and defeats the purpose of staying in shape.

By working out, you'll want to burn off all the bad fatties (like all the trans and saturated fats) and replace it with good lean fatties. You'll want to increase your lean meat intake and continuously feed your muscles and body with tons of protein.

I'm not a doctor or a trainer or anything but it sounds like your diet won't do you any good when it comes to exercising. It will definitely impede your ability to get toned. If you can, I'd invest in a proper multivitamin (usually three a day), fishoils (usually three a day), and a lot of protein rich foods (healthy of course). Start slow in your exercising and set goals. If you can only do one pullup then great, that's a start! But set goals and in a few months (if you stick with it) you'll be doing 5-10 and maybe more :D

Also, don't limit yourself to strictly cardio and weights. Not only do I do those two but I also do a lot of yoga (amazing for overall performance and fitness), plyometrics, stretch classes, etc.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice Jamie.

Junk food isn't a neccessity it's just that it's been my diet for so long i imagine it'll be hard to quit. i tend to always snack throughout the day as my hunger doesn't go away for long.

When i have a carvery dinner i feel fit to burst, completeyl full and satisfied then two hours later i'm hungry again :lol

So i'm triyng to think of foods that i can snack on that aren't bad for me and aren't too low-calorie that i can't maintain my weight where it is.

If you're not trying to jump in to a hardcore clean diet some healthy snacks could be:

(watch the sodium and carbs)
Fruits
Celery w/ peanut butter
Cold Veggies
Almonds
Beef jerkey
Yogurt
Protein shakes
Cans of tuna
Deli meat

And after your snack if you're still slightly hungry chug a buch of water. It will fill you.

It's all about the right choices. You should know what is good and what is bad for you. Be smart.

Yea just try to avoid all saturated and trans fats, sodium (like Jimmy said) and eat a ton of lean meat and veggies.

Ideal breakfasts could be protein shakes, fruit smoothies (with protein powder), eggs, high protein cereal (i.e. Vector) with skim or 1% milk, yogurt.

Lunches could be like cottage cheese and a can of tuna, some chicken and a piece of rye bread or something, some nuts, celery and baby carrots.

Dinner could be high protein dishes like salmon, chicken, beef, turkey with veggies and a ton of water to fill you up.

Jimmie listed all the best snacks too...beef jerkey :drool :lol

What you need to probably do is slowly ease off the sweets and the junk and start replacing it with what Jimmie and I have recommended... it's a pretty big lifestyle change but it's totally worth it :D

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeMrttj8Ucg[/ame]

"Leg day (this morning, completed), nothing clean right?"

210lbs, 8-9%, couple more months....-10lbs down to 3.5-4%, ZOMG :panic:

Ski

What type of oatmeal do you guys have? I usually have the standard Quaker rolled oats or even the 1 minute. But there are some bodybuilders and even some athletes at my gym that have been telling me to try the steel cut oatmeal. They said steel cut is loaded with more nutrition and is better for you. Have any of you tried it?

The%2BThree%2BOats%2Bby%2BCleo%2BCoyle.jpg

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHbVLTRuLkw&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

People in the gym that pace 10 yards in each direction after a set.

I feel like ripping your legs off.

BUBBLE SPACE!!!! Heard of it?

Been on and off for years and years trying to workout and build some muscle. Always with an unrealistic goal. Always thought in terms of " I want to be a body builder or like Arnold". lol

Now at 37, I'm more about just wanting to be healthy, eat alot better and just "do something" and be active again.
Eating pretty clean all day now. Avoiding excess sugars and fats. No more junk. Lots of water, rice, quinoa, chicken, veggies, oatmeal, greek yogurt etc. Simple and basic.

Getting my dog has been great. It's given me a reason to get out of the house and WALK. Doing walks I would never had normally done, had it not been for the dog. Now I love it and not only for her, but for me as well. SO I get a good 30-60 minute walk at least once a day when I can.

As for strength and weight lifting, right now just focusing on the basics all over again. Compound exercises for starters. The basic and most effective strength and muscle building exercises.

At work, I am able to squeeze in pull ups here and there, on some bars we have in the production area lol

Here is my home gym set up. Let me know what you think.
I have most of the basic needs for what I want to do.

[ame]https://youtu.be/h-YlaoKyzFk[/ame]

Back