The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys! Wasn't expecting that support! :rock

I'm not a gym-aholic or anything, but I've always liked lifting a bit and maintaining a good physique. Hope everyone else is doing great with their fitness goals! :banana

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Wast expecting that support! :rock

I'm not a gym-aholic or anything, but I've always liked lifting a bit and maintaining a good physique. Hope everyone else is doing great with their fitness goals! :banana

Good work Chris, glad you are back in the swing of things. The flu in August!??!? :monkey1 :horror

Thanks Ski :rock

Yeah, I caught some virus.... Sucked! But I'm glad it's over. But now that school's starting, I won't be able to dedicate as much time in the gym. It'll probably have to be basic stuff like running and push ups/sit ups when I can't make it to the gym :eek:

So I've been going every morning now for 3 weeks and it feels great. It is addicting, it gets me up in the morning, I feel the pump (cue Arnold's speech), I'm seeing results...

Lots of great support in my gym, the staff are really nice and really helpful... and it's only my work gym! Nothing special, no high tech equipment.

Ran 10.27 Miles and did some Chest, Triceps and Abs. Never had such a great workout in my life. Think I'll probably pass out till the fight tonight lol....after a good meal that is.

Participated in a 5K yesterday, as a starting point for my training for a half marathon in November. Official time 31:31. Not great, but better than I expected, and considering that this run was at an elevation of 5260 feet (I normally run/train at around 2600-2700 feet), I'll take that result.

I'm starting to do short burst training (along with weights) for optimal GH production

Normal cardio is so 1988 :)

In my last week of this cruel fatburning diet. Man I do have me some respect for those who do this often. It's a serious _____. I mean, I'm tighter and look better (In some ways. I miss some mass here and there, even with the use of tons and tons of protein. Plus farting is like LOTR: 'The air is so foul...poisonus fume'.), but gsus the chicken, brown rice and veggies are killing me!

Man my workout seems to be getting stale. :(

Not feeling it like I used to.

Need to shed weight and not lose strength or muscle.

I only have three days a week that I can go maybe 4 hours total. Any help or direction is really appreciated.

Man my workout seems to be getting stale. :(

Not feeling it like I used to.

Need to shed weight and not lose strength or muscle.

I only have three days a week that I can go maybe 4 hours total. Any help or direction is really appreciated.

Maybe old news, but:

Proteins up, Carbs down. (Lots and lots of protein to prevent losing muscle.) When I don't have a lot of time to work out I do HIT training.
Really saves me time and pumps up my muscles like you wouldn't believe.
I do 2 sets per exercise. Each rep takes 6 seconds (3 up, 3 down). First 6 reps need to be heavy (80-90%). After the first 6 heavy reps you do 12 reps with 50-60% of the weight you used for the 6 reps (without rest between the 6 and 12 reps).

For example benchpress: 1st set: 6 x 80kg + 12 x 40kg / 2nd set: Same as 1st set. (Aprox 1 min. rest between 1st and 2nd set.)

After weighttraining 30 - 50 min. cardio at a low heartrate. (100 - 120)

Hope this helps a little.

^^^Good suggestions. I started doing something similar to this and adding 45 mins of cardio everyday. I'm trying to trim down while keeping as much muscle/strength as possible. I know I'm going to lose a little, but I want to contain it as much as I can.

So I'm down to 190lbs and been averaging a 5k every time I run now.

Thinking of dropping another 10lbs and cutting like crazy. So weird to have all of my pants falling off of me. Originally I had a 33" waist now I can easily wear a 31"

Food intake has been nothing processed and having fish 3 x's a week, lots of fruits and veggies, and no drinks with any type of sugar in it.

Supplements are still Glucosamine, Glutamine, Whey and Creatine all for joints, digestion, and muscle recovery

So I'm down to 190lbs and been averaging a 5k every time I run now.

Thinking of dropping another 10lbs and cutting like crazy. So weird to have all of my pants falling off of me. Originally I had a 33" waist now I can easily wear a 31"

:lol Me too. I started off this year with a 38 - 36 waist (I swear all of these 'standardized' sizes aren't). And now I too can easily wear a 31, too bad its not that common. 30's are still just a bit too snug though and 32's just a bit too loose.

But I stared off at 190 and now I'm down to 152ish, so nearly 40 pounds. I'm quite thrilled with that myself. It sucks having to buy a ton of new clothes though :lol I can't even tell you what T-shirt size I wear anymore. I think it is somewhere between a L and M now.

I don't know if the rest of you have a 'Cardio Cinema' at your Gold's Gym, but mine does, and it is great. Running for 1/2 hour or so is not that bad when you have a movie to entertain you and take your mind off of the exercise. But that really depends on the film. If its a great action movie, its awesome. If its a boring romantic comedy or something, it can drag a bit :lol But I swear I've watched Transformers about a million times now at the Gym. At least it is one of those good action movies that gets you pumped up. I just hate it when I walk in during the middle. The begining and end are great though.

Congrats on the improvements Buttmunch. Keep it up. I have decided I will try to drop another 10lbs. At 6' tall it will be a challenge but once I hit the 180lbs, I plan to start incorporating more strength training again.

Damn I hate this.

I am literally down two inches in my pants size... but shedding my gut and love handles is killing.

If I concentrate more on treadmill this may help right ?

But with only three days available a week for the gym, how do I not lose muscle mass or strength ? :(

^^Same with me. I'd imagine changing your diet would help. Also doing cardio will definitely help with the problem. I've been taking 30 second breaks in between sets to help ramp up my fat burning. This is just me, but I found myself having to drop down the weight I use on later exercises as I run out of steam a lot quicker now.

Damn I hate this.

I am literally down two inches in my pants size... but shedding my gut and love handles is killing.

If I concentrate more on treadmill this may help right ?

But with only three days available a week for the gym, how do I not lose muscle mass or strength ? :(

Do what I am doing and shedding it all and then build it up again. I found it is easier to just concentrate on losing the weight first than trying to maintain muscle mass while losing fat.

Back