The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P90X Plyo in the garage home gym in the summertime in the south will burn some calories, I think my toes are still sweating....Tony hurt me today.

I'm getting addicted to working out now. I go every morning, and it's the one thing that gets me up in the morning!

I am having a fitness assesment done tomorrow, let's see how out of shape I am...

So, what protein shakes are you guys drinking? How often, and what time of day?

I was looking into Muscle Milk and it looks like it's very good, only drawback is that it is slightly higher in fat content. But it tastes so good!!! I just ordered this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015R3AH2/ref=oss_product

it seems to have a lower fat content while maintaining a good portion of protein. Taste seems to be iffy, so we'll see when I get it.

I'm getting addicted to working out now. I go every morning, and it's the one thing that gets me up in the morning!

I am having a fitness assesment done tomorrow, let's see how out of shape I am...

I was looking into Muscle Milk and it looks like it's very good, only drawback is that it is slightly higher in fat content. But it tastes so good!!! I just ordered this:

it seems to have a lower fat content while maintaining a good portion of protein. Taste seems to be iffy, so we'll see when I get it.

The muscle milk is good, it's good fats so don't worry about that (unless your trying to gain weight though I would use it more as a meal replacement, I believe they recommend 3 times a day which may be too much). I really couldn't drink it mixed with water though and the casein (slower absorbing than whey) isn't neccessary for me since I drank it right after working out. I could only drink it with milk which really adds to the calories, just couldn't choke it down with water. I'm currently using the AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60. It's a clean protein that mixes well with water and has a ____ ton of your BCAAs in it. I've used just about every one out there though and you really can't go wrong with any whey protein, it's all a matter of which one you think taste better and which one sits better in your stomach. Just watch the calories per serving and make sure you scoop it right. I like to break mine down throughout the day and then have a full serving right after my workout. Some people like to drink before and during their workout but my stomach can't handle that and I believe right after works just fine. I should also add that I'm not trying to bulk so thats what works for me but depending on your goals your protein intake can be completely different.

Last edited:

The ON stuff is what I take. It tastes pretty good and mixes really easily. When I'm in a pinch Walmart also has protein from Body Fortress which tastes really good as well.

60g of Protein tastes soooo good. :D

Went to Disneyland yesterday and walked my tail off!!! Must of knocked out 10 miles easily with my 4 year old on my shoulders most of the time.

I think I will take today off as I am sore already.

Chest and bi's last night, shot around with the basketball for another hour for a cardio session, tried to dunk and failed miserable... :dunno

Today I'll do back or if I'm too sore from legs I might just do a cardio session and take it easy, save my legs for back and deadlifts on Friday. I'm still feeling the pain from legs a day ago. Deadlifts will be void if I don't have my legs at 90%.

As for MuscleMilk, unless you are bulking I would recommend something lighter in the fat content, I think 50% is saturated hence why it taste so good.

muscle11.jpg

Check out the diff on Optimum Nutrition Whey protein and you can see the major difference on the two Whey proteins. It's all about your goals with a heavy Whey, Whey isolate or just reg Whey protein shakes. The more foods the better though in the long run, the body will take more energy to convert foods vs protein shakes and it's something that you can eat as you get older and want to maintain in your everyday needs throughout living a healthy lifestyle.

Nutritional facts from ON Whey Protein.

onwhey11.jpg

Isopure is another great protein although it's very expensive anywhere you get it, more so at healthy stores like GNC, VitaminShoppe, Vitamin World, etc...

lowcarb.jpg

There's a zero carb and a low carb version.

Thanks for all your comments.

wofford: thanks for your response. I guess we'll see how my stomach handles the Optimum Nutrition brand.

Ski: Muscle Milk, ON, and Isopure were the 3 that I was actually looking at. But yeah, Isopure is insanely expensive.

So, I'm not looking at bulking up (I'll leave that to Skiman), but I'm looking to cut the fat and would love to get ripped. Main goal is to look something like Brad Pitt from Troy.

Any suggestions?

Chest and bi's last night, shot around with the basketball for another hour for a cardio session, tried to dunk and failed miserable... :dunno

Today I'll do back or if I'm too sore from legs I might just do a cardio session and take it easy, save my legs for back and deadlifts on Friday. I'm still feeling the pain from legs a day ago. Deadlifts will be void if I don't have my legs at 90%.

3a38543fb33c.gif

Reinhardt here's a very quick general summary you could follow...

High intensity workouts and roughly 2400 calories a day (more or less depending on your current weight) with the following breakdown...

7 servings of protein (1 serving example = 3 oz. Chicken breast)
3 servings of dairy (1 serving example = 8 oz. skim milk)
1 serving of fruit (1 serving example = 1 medium apple)
4 servings of vegetables (1 serving example = 1 cup cooked veggies)
1 serving of fat (1 serving example = 1 tbsp olive oil)
1 serving of carbs (1 serving example = 1 cup brown rice)
3 snacks (1 serving example = 1 oz. almonds)

For a quick "generalized" calculation of where you should be at with your calories crunch these numbers...

current body weight x 10 = Resting metabolic rate (RMR)

RMR x 20% = Daily Activity Burn

RMR + Daily Activity Burn + 600 (or any number of calories you think you burn during your daily workout) = Energy Amount (# of calories)

I'm short man, this was my goal back in the good ole days.

1986-spud-webb.jpg

Although I'm two inches taller than Webb, he gave me hope as a youngster. In HS and college I could off the bounce, 50lbs heavier today I'll have to settle for the rim and maybe a colossal thunderous miss dunk :hi5::lol :monkey2

Thanks Wofford! That's pretty hardcore. Let's see what I can do.

Ski, while you may have to settle for the rim, at least break the glass while you're up there. Then it doesn't matter if you made the dunk or not. :lol

Thanks Wofford! That's pretty hardcore. Let's see what I can do.

Ski, while you may have to settle for the rim, at least break the glass while you're up there. Then it doesn't matter if you made the dunk or not. :lol

You might say I value my membership :dunno :lol

Heck I'm sure they aren't too happy with me whenever it comes to deadlift days from the 45lbs's slamming on the ground but I try not to slam it down fully and fight the negative on the way as well.

Why do I get the feeling that people hate seeing Ski come into the gym. They probably start hiding the 45s under mats and ____ just so they can have access to one. :D

The thundercat meatheads like me and of course the peeps who ask me questions or who have went through a workout session with me like me, everyone else gives me dirty looks, and I get curious looks whenever I go for a piece of gum out of my gym bag laying up against the wall.

Back