The Sideshow Apple

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batty

Nexus 6
Reaction score
The more you know.

Some of you may have noticed that things have been getting a little… uh… fruity around the Sideshow office lately, and we just wanted to shed some light on the matter of The Apple. Basically, listing a product’s measurements just isn’t cutting it! We wanted to showcase the scale of each collectible in a consistent, universal way to really give a sense of the size. Some people think of size in terms of centimeters and others in inches, but the size of an apple is generally something that most people can wrap their minds around. As it begins to pop up in photo galleries, we hope that the apple helps you gauge the scale of each collectible in relation to the other pieces that have been shown next to that same piece of fruit. And, for the record, it will always be the exact same 3-inch apple (which we got from our local plastic produce market).

Why can I see the Apple eventually being carved with an SSC logo into it and then all of a sudden a Christmas Ornament inspired by said apple? :lol

you know apples come in different shapes and sizes too. they should have used a baseball or something. that said, i must say that browsing through sideshow's products makes me hungry now.

edit: they should use a rotten apple with worms and stuff for showcasing the Dead figures.

edit, edit: it's sad when people can't visualize how big a 12 INCH figure is gonna be.

Or a zombie apple?

Rotten_plus_GreenApple.png

Why not display it next to the most popular or definitive piece in its respective line? Like the Endo bust for Terminator stuff for example? A piece that many people lookinig at a certain license own or at least have seen so many times in pics that they have good reference.

I think it would work better than a fake apple.

NOW they just need a new photographer, maybe one that doesnt take the same picture three times in a row.

you know apples come in different shapes and sizes too. they should have used a baseball or something. that said, i must say that browsing through sideshow's products makes me hungry now.

edit: they should use a rotten apple with worms and stuff for showcasing the Dead figures.

edit, edit: it's sad when people can't visualize how big a 12 INCH figure is gonna be.

Well these are a little harder to judge scale than your 12 inch Hot Toys and more expensive too so its kinda nice (though an apple was a silly choice)

t600.jpg
t800.jpg

The price increases are for repeated trips to the Farmer's Market and paying an SSC employee to get the same exact apples in size and dimensions. :lol

Back