The Reaper:Death's General - The Dead Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought you had one of these before? Weren't you the one that spent like 2k for one of these?

Yes sir! Lol
I had him but he was the only "dark" piece I had in my collection. I traded him for a xm magneto over a year ago. Then I sold xm mags because I didn't like that. Now that more cotd pieces are being released, I'm getting sucked back in lol.
I always loved the piece so now i want it back :)

One thing I still haven't quite been able to figure out yet. Even though he is Legendary scaled, is he still in scale with the premium formats? He's pretty big in a lot of the artwork but I'm not sure if he's that big. I'm tempted by him but that price tag is just too much to swallow.
The 2.0 is the same scale as the original. 1:3, I believe. However, the smaller base would make it look more "in scale" to the others. Personally, his "scale" can be attributed as to how you view it. He could be 1:3, or he could just be one big 1:4 behemoth. Its all fantasy, so run with it.

The 2.0 is the same scale as the original. 1:3, I believe. However, the smaller base would make it look more "in scale" to the others. Personally, his "scale" can be attributed as to how you view it. He could be 1:3, or he could just be one big 1:4 behemoth. Its all fantasy, so run with it.

Don't forget his H-U-G-E Scythe...:)

Yes sir! Lol
I had him but he was the only "dark" piece I had in my collection. I traded him for a xm magneto over a year ago. Then I sold xm mags because I didn't like that. Now that more cotd pieces are being released, I'm getting sucked back in lol.
I always loved the piece so now i want it back :)

You sold the XM Magneto? You must have made a small fortune. :)

You sold the XM Magneto? You must have made a small fortune. :)

I wish. I bought Reaper for 2K. Had to ship it to Malaysia which cost $800.
So I paid $2800 plus taxes which was like 150. Then I sold it for $3K to break even.

Its ok though, I got to see it in person which was cool

Thank you for commenting. I guess it will make the first edition more special, that along with the small edition size.
Honestly the switchouts werent nearly as cool as the standard display. IMO, the only thing going for the old one is the base. I much prefer it. You just have to weigh is it worth a 50% increase?
The ES doesnt mean too much because the rest of the statue is the same. That all being said, I still want the old one :)

The helmet and wings plus that bastard sword take this reaper to a whole different level. And the detail is amazing even down to the spikes on the spine.

Hi guys, some time as passed since the original reaper released, so how is the lean situation nowadays? i was cleaning my reaper today, and i think mine has a little lean. The feet fit perfectly in the base and if you look at it straight, the front leg seems to be in the correct position. What do you guys think?
IMG_20160825_131635.jpg

Aww, damn. Not looking good there, but I don't have this piece. Maybe someone that does can chime in on how their particular piece compares.

That's how mine looked. Leaning for sure :(

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments guys. I dressed him up again and took another pic.

IMG_20160901_152737.jpg

IMG_20160901_160327.jpg

The picture does accentuate the leaning, because looking at it it doesnt look as pronouced.
I noticed that, at least on mine, that its not the figure itself that seems to be leaning, but the base. Of course that the figure still moves a little, something like 2 or 3mm, but the feet sit flush on the base. I used a little shim on the bottom of the base (back left looking at him), and now it looks much better, at least in person.

so, I've had mine for a good couple months so far and I have seen at least 5 of these with the leaning problem. My observations are that every one of these pictured shows the scythe displayed and they always lean to the left. After looking over the scythe, it seems possible that the top weight of it causes a lean over time. Hence, why on the 2.0 version, SS changed the structure of the scythe. I have had only the sword displayed out of fear that my hypothesis is correct. A quick attempt to duplicate the same angle as above, it looks to be that the lean is at the torso somewhere. If it was the base, the feet would start to angle differently, then the body would follow, no?

Thanks for the pic azurepred! Could you take another one with the tip of his boot facing the camera? Yes, i have heard about the scythe thing, it does bring some weight in, but ive also seen people that display it with the scythe and have no leaning problems. I said that my problem could be the base, because it always wobbled a little bit, and know its secure.

Back