The Reaper:Death's General - The Dead Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked myself and last time was said that this is NOT expected to be cheaper than the original, even if some time before it was said it would have been cheaper. I expect it to be either 1k or 1.1k with open edition.

I would definitely order a nice 1/4 piece of him but if this turns out to be a LSF with LSF pricing I'm definitely out no matter the cost

Even I, at the time when they announce a new version, I hoped that did scale as the other 1/4 of the line, so I'm forced to go also because I think the old version is higher than this and also cost less because surely the new will cost $ 1,200

I feel sorry for the people who bought the first rare version. This will destroy the value and collectiblity of the first version. Even though some don't care about collectiblity and will not consider a statues collectiblity and money spent is burnt like garbage after it's bought. Still sad to see this happening. I was looking for the first at some point now I'm so glad I waited. Don't get me wrong it looks great just not my kind of collectible when it's not so collectible imo.

The first will still go above retail, but nowhere near what it was going for, which is good for me cause I want both versions. The people that spent way over $2k though.......ouch

What are you guys storing your Reaper's in? I've had him in a Besta (with the middle shelf removed) since I got him but I'm looking for something even nicer to house him in now. Any suggestions?

PS- as far as I'm concerned, the new version will be garbage. The ES will probably be 1000+, there's no way that they will be able to match the original's fine details and overall quality. Simply just a cash grab by SS... :cuckoo:

image.jpg

Here is mine. Beautiful piece. No lean or issues. I think they develop the lean from over handling. I put mine in that case from the box and there he has been since.

Looking good! Mine has no issues with the lean either. I wasn't aware that it was a widespread issue... maybe it's from incorrectly inserting the body into the base?

What kind of case of that? Custom?

I don't think too many sellers will sell this now that the value plummeted all the way close to original retail. Not to mention many are leaning. The 2.0 version will prolly be going for 20% off in no time. That's when I'll nab one :lecture

One thing I still haven't quite been able to figure out yet. Even though he is Legendary scaled, is he still in scale with the premium formats? He's pretty big in a lot of the artwork but I'm not sure if he's that big. I'm tempted by him but that price tag is just too much to swallow.

I don't think too many sellers will sell this now that the value plummeted all the way close to original retail. Not to mention many are leaning. The 2.0 version will prolly be going for 20% off in no time. That's when I'll nab one :lecture

Do they ever do 20% off?
If that's the case, I'll just wait on all cotd statues lol.

The Pred maquette had a 20% off once it came in stock. It depends on how many they will still have and for how long they think they will. Either way, with a ES of 1500 on this, aftermarket prices will prolly be around 15-20% less than what SS has them for. These won't be flying off the shelves anytime soon imo.

The Pred maquette had a 20% off once it came in stock. It depends on how many they will still have and for how long they think they will. Either way, with a ES of 1500 on this, aftermarket prices will prolly be around 15-20% less than what SS has them for. These won't be flying off the shelves anytime soon imo.

That's how I felt on this whole line. I was hoping to get them all aftermarket for cheap. But I'm guessing they won't make full runs. It doesn't pull in the casual buyer, so the best we could hope for is the 20%. I hate buying **** and losing money. I don't collect to invest but I can't buy buy in good conscience knowing it's a loss lol.

Back