The Real, Good News Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ffe9bb8990fea7bb889715306dbc6051.jpg

"have you heard the gooooood news?"

Went through my Yahoo news page and other than two animals being saved from pipes, there's nothing I could post in this thread. That's sad.

Went through my Yahoo news page and other than two animals being saved from pipes, there's nothing I could post in this thread. That's sad.

i was going to post an article just to post but the only semi positive was the nokia coming back article. so yeah. i noticed

Ahhh, maybe now they'll wise up and do what everyone else is doing and make stuff that needs to be replaced every year. I've been using the same Nokia candybar phone for about 8 years! It just won't die! I refuse to buy anything else until it does.

I'm still using my Samsung Note 2. I'm not paying $28 over 2 years for a new phone. When this one stops working, then I'll look into another one. $600-$700 for a phone is ridiculous!

Ween, it's essentially the same thing over time. Before you'd get the lower subsidized price of the phone in return for a two year (maybe more contract). I don't know who your service provider is, but that monthly payment over two years is usually at 0% financing. You're under no obligation to stay with the provider, except for paying off the phone in it's entirety. And depending on the phone you choose, you can recoup part of your investment by selling it.

I'm still using my Samsung Note 2. I'm not paying $28 over 2 years for a new phone. When this one stops working, then I'll look into another one. $600-$700 for a phone is ridiculous!

And so easily smashed or stolen. I will never be a big spender on phones.

Ween, it's essentially the same thing over time. Before you'd get the lower subsidized price of the phone in return for a two year (maybe more contract). I don't know who your service provider is, but that monthly payment over two years is usually at 0% financing. You're under no obligation to stay with the provider, except for paying off the phone in it's entirety. And depending on the phone you choose, you can recoup part of your investment by selling it.

I pay $50 a month for my Verizon service. If I buy a phone, it goes up around $30 a month for two years while I pay off the phone. When I bought my Note 2, I paid around $250 for it outright. You can't touch a phone for that these days.

Keep your old stuff. Mr. Green did bought a $500 phone a few years ago. And now all he pay is T-Mobil pay as you go. And it cost like $100 a year. Keeping with the Jones is stupid. Mr. Green will upgrade when there is a need to do so.

Ahhh, maybe now they'll wise up and do what everyone else is doing and make stuff that needs to be replaced every year. I've been using the same Nokia candybar phone for about 8 years! It just won't die! I refuse to buy anything else until it does.

my nokia 5300 was so old and abused. my mother was dismayed to found out i was still using it and hearing stories about how it survived the toilet dive.:lol
she surprised me by buying a samsung s3 despite lots of protest that i dont need a new phone. lolz

Mr. Green kept his old slide phone for as long as he can but then the battery got so short life span that it's practically useless. No point in keeping a phone that have a talk life span of 15-20 mins. Sure he can buy another battery but might as well buy a new one.

Back