The Raid 2: Berandal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not all of us.... I hate dubbed films.. In fact unless it's a Godzilla film I won't watch it dubbed. I thought the subtitles were fine in this film, speed wise, and I am no speed reader.

But subtitles are the only way to go. Dubbing takes me right out of the movie. Acting is usually awful and the translation usually sucks.

I can tolerate animated movies that are dubbed. I can't stand live action. Looks and sounds horrible.

Saw this today, and it was awesome. Definitely one of the best movies I've seen this year. I had no issue with the subtitles at all and am glad they went with them over dubbing. The fighting was intense and really well done, I lost count of the number of times people were laughing or oohing at some of the hits and fights (myself included)

I still prefer the first one simply because of the atmosphere around the cops being trapped inside an apartment building surrounded by guys trying to kill them. I actually didn't mind the story although I think it needed a little work. for instance:
Spoiler Spoiler:

From what I remember from the first film, this one is a hell of a lot more violent as well, they definitely didn't spare a dime in that department. I really hope that a third film gets made.

*edit* I also wanted to mention how much better the shooting was with this in terms of the action. They don't turn the shaky cam up to 11 in this film like others. I was watching TV the other day and Alex Cross was on and they had so much shakey cam in the end fight that it was unwatchable (like the rest of the movie). Hell, even when the guy is running away its balls to the wall shakey. This film has it so its steady enough that you can watch the fights no problem.

Saw this today, and it was awesome. Definitely one of the best movies I've seen this year. I had no issue with the subtitles at all and am glad they went with them over dubbing. The fighting was intense and really well done, I lost count of the number of times people were laughing or oohing at some of the hits and fights (myself included)

I still prefer the first one simply because of the atmosphere around the cops being trapped inside an apartment building surrounded by guys trying to kill them. I actually didn't mind the story although I think it needed a little work. for instance:
Spoiler Spoiler:

From what I remember from the first film, this one is a hell of a lot more violent as well, they definitely didn't spare a dime in that department. I really hope that a third film gets made.

*edit* I also wanted to mention how much better the shooting was with this in terms of the action. They don't turn the shaky cam up to 11 in this film like others. I was watching TV the other day and Alex Cross was on and they had so much shakey cam in the end fight that it was unwatchable (like the rest of the movie). Hell, even when the guy is running away its balls to the wall shakey. This film has it so its steady enough that you can watch the fights no problem.

Planning to watch this soon. Can't wait.

Spoiler Spoiler:

that was one of the funny cliches.:lol
Spoiler Spoiler:

the movie intro did catch me off guard. i was not expecting that one, not at all, with the way the first one ended. i was thinking they'd be reunited and kickass together in this film.

that was one of the funny cliches.:lol
Spoiler Spoiler:

the movie intro did catch me off guard. i was not expecting that one, not at all, with the way the first one ended. i was thinking they'd be reunited and kickass together in this film.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I want moarrr scenes of hammer girl and her brother, baseball bat guy. they're such cute and childish assassins

those scenes were brutal.haha
hammer would probably my last weapon of choice for those kind of encounters.its heavy, slow and difficult to control. that said, she's quite skillful.

i needed a break from the world cup. what better time to watch this movie again. :lol
cant wait to get it on blu. i already have the first one. :woo

One of the best films of the year IMHO. Hell, one of the best sequels of all time.

Back